• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 639 Views, 1 Comments

The Nightmares Return - Optimistic Pessimist



Nightmare Moon is no more... or is she?

  • ...
 1
 639

Royalty meets Peasantry

Jester sighed. He was sitting in a nice secluded area of the Everfree Forest. The sun was setting over the horizon. “Too bad not everything could be as nice as this.” The sky was a deep red orange, the forest spread out over the ground from the cliff that Jester rested on. A great mountain range threw shadows over the forest, and the chirps of the parasprites could be heard, ringing clearly around.

“What are you doing all alone out here?” Jester turned his head to see Princess Celestia. “Your majesty.” Princess Celestia trotted up alongside Jester. “Quite the view, don’t you agree? What with the sunset and the scenery?” The Princess sat down alongside Jester. “Marvelous. Simply marvelous.” She looked over to Jester. “So you are the new wielder of the Preludes of Chaos?” The Diamonds floated gently around Jester. “That is correct, your highness.” “Please, there is no need for such an address.” She sat down next to him. “Out here, we’re just two ponies enjoying the view.” Jester sighed again, and pulled out the tear gem. “Interesting...” Jester looked over to Princess Celestia. “You know what they are?” The Princess giggled. ”Jester, I’m over a thousand years old. Of course I know what they are.” She suddenly frowned. “What happened?” Jester laughed. “I was just being a fool, that’s all.” She stopped. “No I’m serious. What happened?” Jester looked at her. He looked back at the sun and sighed. “Just when everything goes your way, life just kills it for you, you know what I’m saying?” Princess Celestia sighed. “Being as old as I am doesn’t come without its ups and downs. I know how you feel.” She looked at him again. “Is there anyone who uses the Preludes with you, or it’s only you?” Jester looked at the Princess. “It’s only me.” Princess Celestia blinked in surprise. “Wow, you are quite the pony aren’t you?” Jester just kept staring at the setting sun. “Yes, I guess I am.” “To cause such a rage in Twilight, usually the calmest pony I know!” Jester looked down. “That’s not something one should be proud of.” Princess Celestia sighed. She turned to Jester. “Stop beating yourself up. Do something other then regret.” and with that, she turned and walked away, leaving Jester staring after her.