• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 639 Views, 1 Comments

The Nightmares Return - Optimistic Pessimist



Nightmare Moon is no more... or is she?

  • ...
 1
 639

The Gathering

“...And, DONE! Wow, that took longer then I expected.” The purple unicorn had just put the finishing touches to her ‘artistic venture’. She stepped back. It was a bottle, but within the bottle was a brilliantly made ship, complete with a sail and steering wheel. She set her miniature hammer on the table top. She rubbed her chin. “Where can I put this? SPIKE!” A young purple dragon came running from the upper region of the library. “Yes? Twilight?” Twilight looked back at him. “Where do you think I should put this?” Spike thought for a little bit. “How about right next to the wooden sculpture of the horse head?” Twilight looked over. Using her magic, she lifted her art over onto the table. “Yes, I think it looks good there. Thanks Spike!” Spike walked over to the ship in the bottle. “Wow, how long did it take you to make this?” Twilight thought. “just about three hours.” Spike looked at her. “That’s amazing! Only you could make such a nice ship inside a bottle!” Twilight blushed. “Any pony could have...WHAAA!” Twilight ducked in time to avoid a messenger flame from Spike. “Warn me next time please?” Spike kicked the floor. “Sorry, I can’t control that kind of thing.”

Twilight lifted the scroll with her magic. “The royal seal? What could be so important?” She removed the seal and unrolled the letter.

Twilight Sparkle,

Come to the castle quickly. Bring the Elements and your friends. Bring Jester as well.

Captain of the Royal Guard

Twilight scratched her head. “Sounds urgent. Spike, stay here and guard the library.” Spike nodded. “Don’t I always?” Twilight smiled, and opened the door, and fell back in surprise. “HI Twilight! Where are you going?” Twilight picked herself up. “Pinkie Pie, what are you doing here?” Pinkie Pie jumped on the spot. “I just thought I’d drop by to say hello.” Twilight brought the letter out from behind her. “The captain of the Royal Guard has summoned us to the castle. Can you help me get the others?” Pinkie Pie read the letter. “I’ll go get Rainbow Dash and Jester. I know where they are anyway.” Twilight nodded. “I’ll go get the rest. Meet you there alright?” Pinkie Pie nodded. “See you there!” and she hopped away.

Twilight went to Rarity’s first. The bell rang as she opened the door to the Carousel Boutique. “Welcome to the Carousel Boutique! May I help you?” A white unicorn with a beautifully done purple mane came from around the back. “Oh, it’s you Twilight. How may I help you?” Twilight pulled out the letter from her saddlebag. “Hello Rarity. The Captain of the Royal Guard has summoned us to the castle.” Rarity read the letter. “How about I go get Fluttershy? You go ahead and get Applejack?” Twilight nodded. “Alright, we’ll meet back at the library. I told Pinkie, Rainbow, and Jester to meet us at the castle.” Rarity flipped her open sign to closed as she left the boutique.


“Applejack!” Twilight called out to the orange pony carrying apples on her back. ”Oh hey Twilight! What brings you here?” Twilight pulled out her letter again. “The Captain of the Royal Guard has summoned us. Rarity and Fluttershy will meet us at the library. Come on!” Applejack set her apples down. “Alright let’s go!”

Twilight and Applejack arrived to find Rarity and Fluttershy already there. “You kept us waiting Twilight.” Twilight sighed. “I’m sorry about that. Fluttershy, are you sure your animals can take care of themselves?” The yellow pegasus turned to Twilight. “Angel will keep them safe.” Twilight smiled. “Everyone have your Elements?” They nodded as they donned their golden necklaces. “Alright, let’s get going!”