• Published 14th Feb 2014
  • 367 Views, 15 Comments

The Second Life of Morones - SolongStarbird



Michael Morones lives a second life during his time sleeping on the brink of death, and that second life happens to be in the best place possible: Equestria.

  • ...
7
 15
 367

New Memories

"Congratulations, Mrs. Hooves, it's a colt!"

These were the first words of his new life. A second memory to keep the one he had grasped company. There were only more memories to follow. His name was Maroon Hooves, because he was a maroon color. He had a mom, a dad, and two sisters who loved him very much. He lived in a world of magic. He had the love he had wanted.

Maroon learned much as he grew up. He learned that his mom's name was Derpy, his dad's name was Doc, and that his sister's names were Dinky and Amethyst, and that he was a lot like his dad because he couldn't use magic like his sisters or fly like his mom. Many of the things he learned felt familiar, like he had known them once before. Many things were new, most of them involving magic and the world around him.

The one thing that stood out to everypony about Maroon was that he had an uncanny understanding of love and life, especially for his young age. It was as if he had lived much longer than his age revealed...

Author's Note:

Yes, I decided he would be a part of the Hooves family. Don't question my decision.
He is maroon because it sounds a bit like Morones. Once again, don't question, just keep reading.