• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 3,498 Views, 81 Comments

Don't Starve! - Tee Sion



Wilson, a crazy, nature hating scientist, must survive in an apocalyptic world. Spider's roam, Wolves hunt, and Darkness rules. Maxwell, the sick,twisted, and down-right chaotic ruler of this land, decided he'd change Wilson's scenery

  • ...
12
 81
 3,498

Check Mate, Maxwell (Revised)

Wilson considered himself a man of science, that was, until he listened to a voice on the radio. The voice was dark, demanding, but it caught Wilson's interest, so he listened, he obeyed. He had created a door, a door that changed his life, the voice was eager to send him in. Wilson hadn't really thought of the repercussions of listening to this voice, but when he did, it was too late. He pulled the lever to activate the machine, the sound of gears, steam, and grinding can be heard. What waited inside of the door, was darkness, Wilson decided not to enter, But it would be for science!, he thought.

"GO NOW" The voice said, Wilson stepped forward.

A pair of pitch black hands sprouted from the floor beneath him, and grabbed him. The voice was laughing, mocking Wilson's stupidity, soon Wilson was gone and his new life started on an Island he soon named, Disambiguation,which meant Absence of Light.

-----

Wilson had just completed his third challenge Maxwell had given him, and Maxwell wasn't happy about it. Maxwell got desperate, offering riches, mercy, and even eternal life. Wilson didn't buy it, this was all Maxwell's fault, Wilson had a happy life on Earth, this wasn't Earth. These challenges were tough, Wilson had to fight through pain, suffering, insanity, and starvation. Everything that Wilson had to do would cause his body to undergo muscle failure. That hurt, but the more it happened, the stronger Wilson became. Maxwell had noticed this, he became so desperate for Wilson to stop, he tried to engage in peaceful conversation. Maxwell told Wilson about how sorry he was, he didn't buy it. Maxwell told Wilson about how we was miserable and in pain, he didn't buy it. Maxwell offered to be friends with Wilson, he declined the offer. Maxwell told Wilson about the other people he brought to this Hell, Wilson didn't know what that was supposed to do, but he was angrier with Maxwell. But right now isn't the time for complete flashbacks, Wilson had things to do.

-----

Wilson shivered in his Puffy Vest and adjusted his Winter Hat, he resisted the urge not to scrape the frostbite on his frosted hands. Back on the "Sandbox" world, Wilson had used up almost four days tracking a Winter Koalaphant to make the Puffy Vest. He shaved several Beefalo, sharing his razor wasn't the best idea, maybe some Beefalo had fleas? His beard kept his chin and cheeks warm, glad that he hadn't shaved in a long time. Maxwell just HAD to make this world permanent winter, didn't he? Yes, he did actually, Wilson was almost done. The Divining Rod he had held began to go wild again, and Wilson tightened his grip on it.

"Alright, t-the next piece must be close" Wilson breathed, tracking for the next piece to continue this adventure. After a few minuted of walking, Wilson heard low growls and harsh breaths. It was too deep for Hounds to arrive, and definitely not Krampus or some Beefalo. Wilson stopped and tried to look passed the rushing snow, seeing nothing, Wilson shrugged and continued on.

"I wonder what that was, better hurry up" He said, picking up the pace. The Divining Rod was at the point of exploding, and the recoil of it threatened to hit Wilson in the head. Wilson saw a circle of evil flowers, smiling, he moved over them to see a ring thing. He could feel the immense head-ache coming on just from being near the flowers, so he grabbed the item and bolted out of there. He had remembered where he had to build the machine, and he headed that way. The low growling had returned, and it was much closer to him, in front of him, in fact. He stopped and his face paled, he could see a silhouette of a large creature coming for him.

"Holy crap! What is that?" He asked himself, from asking that question he knew that Maxwell had to be smirking, rubbing his hands together mischievously like he always did. Wilson found himself immobilized by fear, the giant came closer and closer, it was in his full view now.

"Oh no…" Wilson said, the beast roared and raised it's arms to strike. Wilson made a B-line towards the other direction, dodging the creatures swipe. This was something Wilson hadn't seen before, and as always when he sees something new, he must draw it in his notebook and give it a name, FOR SCIENCE! But it definitely wasn't the time for science right now. He ran, the creature running for him, he could always fight it, but it really wasn't recommended. Wilson scrambled around for safety, maybe he could run inside of a MacTusk igloo? Not gonna happen, he searched around in his backpack for something useful, he felt his Blow Dart and he smiled. He grabbed some sleep darts and loaded the tube with them. He quickly turned around and fired at the giant. It didn't fall asleep, Wilson whimpered and tried again, nope. It caught up with Wilson and smashed the ground, making Wilson fly forward and land in the snow. He hit his back on a poorly placed rock and yelped in pain, the monster approached with aggressiveness and roared again. Wilson fidgeted in his position and reached for his bag, he grabbed his walking stick and began to move away from the monster. The beast was faster now that Wilson was injured, it caught up and performed the same act as before, Wilson landed on the cold snow again. He landed next to a green object, then something sparked. That shape, the small head, the feathers!, Wilson thought, he grabbed it and his suspicions were confirmed, it was a pan flute. He took a deep breath and played it soothingly, the one-eyed creature began to wobble and it's eyelid was slowly closing. It fell to the ground in a deep sleep, Wilson sighed in relief and stood up. Since he had the time to, he took out his notebook and drew the monster that was laying in front of him.

"Hmmm, it has one eye, and has a similar body structure as a deer walking on its hind legs… how about, Deerclops?" Wilson thought about the name for a second and smiled, he wrote.

Deerclops, an interesting combination of a Deer and a Cyclops.
Size: About 28 feet tall
Diet: Meat, and ???
Very Hostile
Recommended to NOT take head on
Kiting may be optional with good gear
Pan Flutes are recommended

Wilson closed his notebook and followed the tracks that the Deerclops made to get back on track the build the machine. He did not take long to find what he was looking for, he moved some of the gears out of the way that were scattered everywhere when he took on some Clockworks. He placed all of the 'Thing' items in the correct places, and what happened wasn't the usual. Maxwell had sprung from the ground, landing in front of Wilson.

"THAT IS IT!" Maxwell screamed, stomping his foot into the snow. Wilson took out his Ham Bat and frowned, Maxwell had looked exhausted. He had bags under his eyes, and his eyes were a bloodshot red, he was slouching like mad. His hygiene had gone poor, his nails were un-cut and dirty, and his hair wasn't the normal gelled back and fancy type. His coat was ragged and smelly, like he had been diving in dumpster trucks.

"It's over! Maxwell, I've defeated you! Give up or i'll kill you, right here, right now" Wilson shouted, Maxwell growled and stepped forward and grabbed Wilson.

"LISTEN YOU SNIVELING PEST, I'M DONE PLAYING YOUR GAME, YOU WON THIS ROUND, BUT HOW ABOUT A PERMANENT CHANGE IN SCENERY" He threw Wilson to the ground, he landed on his face and he looked up. Wilson struggled to stand up, he scrambled to his feet and Maxwell summoned a pure white portal in front of him. It began to suck Wilson inside, but he ran away from it.

"YOU CANNOT RUN AWAY, THIS IS THE FINAL ROUND, I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DONT GO!!" That was a lie, in his state, Maxwell couldn't kill Wilson. Wilson had never trusted Maxwell, so he would never jump into that portal. Wilson stabbed a spear into the ground to keep him from being pulled towards the portal. Maxwell screamed in anger and he snapped his fingers, a roar could be heard in the distance. Wilson looked behind him and through the snow, what he saw could've given him a heart attack. There were all of the boss monsters that gave him trouble, all together. Four Tree Guards, six Spider Queens, two large rock-like rhinos, which Wilson hadn't seen before, and a Deerclops came running towards Wilson. When Wilson didn't instantly budge, Maxwell snapped his fingers again, when Wilson had felt a massive pain in his head, he knew what Maxwell did. Wilson's heart was racing, TerrorBeaks and Crawling Horrors began to rise from the shadows. Wilson began to see red, his mind playing all sorts of tricks on him in this insane state. It was the most terrifying experience of his life, he saw Pigmen being executed and being hung from trees. That creepy music box began to play, shadow hands creeping up from almost all sides, he couldn't see straight and he clutched his head. He finally gave in, he moved as fast as he could towards the portal.

"Say pal….you don't look so good" Was the last thing he heard before falling into the portal.

-----

Wilson fidgeted in his sleep, whining and groaning from the nightmares. He slowly opened his eyes, it was always the same shit. He awoke in some random forest, he had to find supplies and not starve, as usuall. He was to exhausted to stand up, he just looked around with boring eyes. His lips were dry and chapped, and his limbs were sore. The only thing he could do was breath, function, blink, move his fingers and toes, and think (But not straight).I wonder what Maxwell did this time to spice up the "game" and make it more "fun". He probably turned all of the land into swampy marsh. Wilson internally winced at that kind of world, that would be true hell. The only thing that was familiar in this place was his notebook, it lay next to him, almost begging to be opened. With enough strength regained, Wilson grabbed the notebook and decided to entertain himself by reading it for the 9001st time. He opened the first page, which was about Butterflies, and then Rabbits, and then Crows. The sight of these creatures soothed him, they were the nicest of the nice. He turned the page again, which was about Pigmen. He smiled at the drawing, it was really good, he didn't even draw it. He met a Pigman named Gallapagos and he drew a picture of Wilson and some other pigs who obliged to pose for it. It was pretty much Wilson's real family on "Disambiguation", they treated him like a Pigman. When he met the pig king, Wilson gave him a Gnome and 4 cooked meat, which he appreciated very much. After reading the book for a few minutes, Wilson decided he'd get going.

"Alright, time to get started, I suppose" Wilson stood up and stretched out, observing his surroundings at the same time. Wilson realized that this wasn't the normal island he was normally on. When you are on "Disambiguation", you get this vibe that tells you that you are in danger, but this place seems too, peaceful. Something fishy was going on, and Wilson was going to find out what it was. He trekked through the forest, it took to long, that was another sign of something not being right. Wilson started having thoughts, like whether he escaped from the island or if this was….Earth. Wilson couldn't help but giggle at the thought of being back on Earth, Humans talking, walking, and socializing with one another. Maybe he could visit his family again, it's been over six years since he last saw his family. Wilson had two brothers and one sister. His brothers, Christopher and Terence, had been much younger than Wilson, he was nine when Christopher was born and he was fourteen when Terence was born. His sister, Brandy, was older than him though, she was twelve when Wilson was born. He's not sure if he'd really be able to see them again, but it was a beautiful thought. Wilson kept moving toward the way he thought was out, he saw some sunlight seeping through the bushes up ahead.

"The way out! Finally!" He ran over to the edge of the forest and took a deep breath and closed his eyes. This place really felt like Earth, and he wanted to savor every moment. He mindlessly moved forwards, he looked over at a nearby village, yup, this was Earth.
He was a bit skeptical about the fact that, instead of normal homes that were to be seen in modern society, the homes had a hut-like appearance and thew him off a bit. Wilson also was nervous, Maxwell had sent him here, there could be some kind of trap just waiting for me to walk into it. A bead of sweat made it's way down Wilson's face, he calmed himself and moved on. He cautiously moved passed the patches of grass and he become more aware that there may be no danger up ahead. He let a small smile creep up on his face, and he let his excitement get the better of him.

Wilson jumped up in excitement, in a way that would be embarrassing if anyone else saw. He sprinted towards the village, cheering and laughing, he's never been so happy in a long time.

"It's good to be back, my lovely Humans!!!!! I've never been soo excited to finally see some peop-pe-p-p-p- PONIES?" Wilson went slack jawed, there were vibrantly colored ponies everywhere. Has something changed while he was gone? He didn't know, but this was certainly very weird. He froze and stared at the ponies staring back at him. His eyes widened when he saw some with wings and horns. He felt his heart shatter and he fell to his knees at the sudden realization.

This.Wasn't.Earth

His sadness turned into anger, and he clenched his fist and punched the ground in an uncontrollable rage.

"RAAAAAAAH, WHAT THE Fffffffff…..DARN YOU MAXWELL!!!!!!" He slammed his fists into the ground, ignoring the physical pain. Many of the ponies began to back away, and some began to whisper and say. "Someone get the guards!" Wilson tried to control himself, but this was a total mockery, his hoped were so high, and then they were choked by a splintered hand and cut multiple times, and then they were dipped in salty lemonade buckets. Pretty weird, right? Yeah, Wilson thought that way sometimes. Wilson saw a purple pony approach him with two white ponies with lavender armor. The purple on spoke up,

"Excuse me, um, sir, but you'll have to stop that shouting, you're making ponies nervous!" She said sternly, "And, if it's not to much to ask, what are you? And why are you so upset?" Wilson didn't have time to be bombarded with questions, he wasn't shocked or scared, being on a foreign world wasn't new to him. He was breathing heavily, he wiped his face from tears, and stood up. He was much taller than the pony, when they saw that, the two white ponies stepped closer, to protect the purple one. Wilson took a deep breath. He fixed his collar and and cleared hi throat, making himself look more professional.

"My name is Wilson P. Higgsbury, at your service" Wilson gave a small bow, "Sorry for, yelling and scaring everybody, I'm just not exactly the happiest Being, Creature, Homo-Sapien, Human, Scientist, MadMan, Survivor, Ape, Monster, or whatever you want to call me , right now"

"Would it help if you talked about it?" Twilight asked, always being open to help one another.

"Well, grab a chair, it's a long story"

Author's Note:

Click Here For Wilson
Click Here For Maxwell


Hey guys!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Criticism is recommended!
Want me to fix/correct/edit something? Tell me what!
I will work on this as frequently as possible. :twilightsmile: