• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 3,498 Views, 81 Comments

Don't Starve! - Tee Sion



Wilson, a crazy, nature hating scientist, must survive in an apocalyptic world. Spider's roam, Wolves hunt, and Darkness rules. Maxwell, the sick,twisted, and down-right chaotic ruler of this land, decided he'd change Wilson's scenery

  • ...
12
 81
 3,498

It's A Long Story

"Well, my name is Twilight Sparkle" Twilight said to Wilson. Wilson shook her han-hoof and nodded.

"It's a great pleasure to meet you, Miss Sparkle" Twilight thanked Wilson and told him to follow.

"So, Wilson, you wanted to talk about what has got you down? If you want to, I have a library that we can talk in" Twilight gave a small smile and looked at Wilson. She had never seen anything like him, he was very tall, and he had almost no fur. His head and face had fur, but his arms didn't seem to be covered it fur the same way his head seemed to be. He had something comparable to claws, like Spikes, his mane was crazy and sort of spiked. He wore clothes and held a small notebook, she'd have to ask him about that later. What really peaked her interest in Wilson was when he called himself and scientist. Did they already have something in common? What are the odds.

"Thank you, that would be nice, I haven't seen a library in years." Wilson followed Twilight through the village of ponies, Wilson, being a foreign creature, got weird looks every now and then. They engaged in small talk and multiple conversations as they walked.

"So, Wilson, where are you from?" Twilight asked, looking at Wilson in interest. She looked at her guards and tilted her head a couple of times, they got the hint and they stopped following Twilight and Wilson. Wilson cleared his throat and scratched his beard.

"I'm from another planet called Earth. Or, if you want to be specific, United States, Colorado in the Elk Mountains. I lived alone there for years, I decided it would be best to isolate myself while doing my crazy experiments, so I don't harm anything" Wilson scratched the back of his head and waited for Twilight's response.

"What kind of experiments did you do? If it's okay for you to tell me" She said, smiling and ruffling her feathers. Wilson thought about an experiment that wouldn't creep Twilight out, or give her an uneasy feeling. He smiled when he thought of one that really took a large chunk of life… out of his life, you could say.

"Well, one experiment was really a question, it was, "If a tree falls in a forest, and no one's around, does it make a sound?"" Wilson said, Twilight looked like she was thinking about the question. It really got her interest, it was a very good question at that.

"Did you find out whether it does or not?" She asked, raising her eyebrow and looking at Wilson.

"Yes, I did. You see sound is just a technical detail and merely a matter of perception, because of that, someone has to be around to hear it, yes. But counting that sound is a manipulation of air waves bouncing off of each other then nobody has to be there for a sound to exist." Twilight's jaw fell slack and stared at Wilson, that was a great look at it really. She was surprised that he actually had a logical answer.

"Wow! That's really impressive! How long did it take to come up with that answer?" Twilight asked, moving closer to Wilson. He didn't mind, it was probably just a self-conscious reaction to being interested in something. He thought about that question for a moment, and he looked down at the pony.

"About… 3 months" He said blankly, Twilight gasped and mouthed "wow" as she walked. Wilson cleared his throat.

"Now, I have a question for you" He said.

"What is it?"

"Through observation of this village, I see that you are the only one with both a horn and wings, why is that?" Wilson gestured to Twilights appendages, she nodded and complied to answer.

"I am an alicorn, which means I have both horn and wings, and alicorns are princesses" She said, trying not to sound full of herself. Upon hearing that she was a princess, Wilson's eyes widened and he stopped. Twilight looked back at him in confusion, Wilson dropped to one knee.

"Um, it's a pleasure, your highness" Twilight was surprised, he was such a gentlecolt. Twilight didn't want to have him start bowing and caller her princess all of the time though.

"Wilson, you don't really have to do that, I don't really have my friends do that kind of stuff" Wilson looked up at her and regained his composure. He tapped his chin for a while.

"I'm your… f-friend?" He asked slowly, looking quite hopefully at Twilight. She smiled.

"Of course, I think we have a lot in common, and you seem pretty nice, so yes. We are friends" Twilight said, nodding. Wilson couldn't help keep away the large smile on his face. He hasn't really been considered a friend from anyone in years, except from the pigmen.

"Thanks, I really appreciate that, Twilight" Wilson said, they had just arrived at the library Twilight brought up. Upon Wilson's further observing, it was a tree, the library was a tree! He liked the concept of it, but the image of a Treeguard filled his mind with unease. The dark, skinny pines, and the soulless features on it's face, it gave him a headache just at the thought of them. They entered, and a small purple dragon was in Wilson's view. The dragon stared at Wilson and he stared back.

"Twilight, who's your friend?" Said the dragon, he pointed to Wilson.

"Spike, this is Wilson, Wilson, this is Spike" Twilight said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Spike" Wilson said shaking Spikes claw.

"Likewise, Wilson" Spike scurried away upstairs, probably into those comic books again. Wilson was very impressed with how the inside looked. The books were clearly organized very well, and the room had a peaceful feeling to it. He inhaled deeply to smell the aroma of lavender and vanilla, Wilson was starting to like it here.

"Make yourself at home, in fact, you can just stand there and smell the place all day if you want" Twilight teased, Wilson chuckled.

"Sorry, Twilight" He pulled out a chair and sat down," Shall we?" Twilight nodded and sat directly across from Wilson, levitating a notebook and quill in her magic. Wilson cleared his throat,

"Okay, where shall I start…" He thought for a moment and began. Twilight was eager to hear his story.

"Alright, it all started when I was in my home…"

Hours upon hours have passed, Wilson told every detail about his "Adventure". Twilight wrote down every detail on the paper, she never lost interest. Wilson was trying hard not to have a mental breakdown while talking about some things, but he calmed himself so he doesn't make a scene. Upon arriving at the end of his story, Wilson was almost in tears, though he tried not to show it, he was extremely heart broken. Twilight noticed this, she didn't know how exactly how to comfort him, but she did do one thing.

She hugged him

Wilson gasped at the gesture, he was surprised.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, I don't know if I can know how you feel, but I do feel sorry for you" Twilight said, she sighed. Wilson smiled and hugged back, a few moments passed.

"Thank you, Twilight, that means a lot to me" He said, breaking the hug, blushing a little bit. Twilight returned to her seat across form Wilson, shifting and levitating her notebook again. She cleared her throat.

"Now, I have a question" She said, grabbing Wilson's attention.

"What might the question be?"

"If, Maxwell, sent others on that island, will that mean they will arrive here too?" Twilight said, Wilson pondered that question for a moment.

"I really don't know, Maxwell is unpredictable and chaotic, he might send them, or he might not, but we'll have to wait." Twilight nodded and wrote something down on her paper. She had finished up writing all that she needed.

"Wilson, do you want to go outside? Maybe I can show you around town, and show you my friends!" Twilight asked with eagerness. Wilson stood up and stretched.

"That would be rather nice, shall we?" Twilight stood up and Wilson opened the door for her. Thew walked out together and Wilson took in some fresh air. The lush color of the little village was nice, the lovely flowers and simple homes.

The freshest air and where peace shall roam.
Colorful ponies and bright clouds.
A timid volume, not too loud.
Beautiful scents of crispy treats.
Oh boy, that thought of having sweets.
I awoke lonely, I awoke poor.
This lovely pony, opened her door.
The scent of lavender, I told my story.
She was a librarian, so you could say she was a beautiful chapter.

"Wow, I hope that wasn't corny" Wilson said out loud, blushing from his poetic thoughts. He realized he was staring at Twilight the whole time.

"What was corny?" Twilight said.

"Oh nothing, it was nothing" Wilson's blush deepened.

"Are you okay? You look a little red there" Twilight asked, showing some concern.

"No, I assure you, Miss Twilight, I am rather okay" Twilight shrugged it off and Wilson made a sigh of relief. Wilson looked up and saw a small rainbow trail making it's way towards them, he cleared his throat.

"Um, Twilight, there seems to be a spectr- OOOOOF" Wilson was tackled by an unknown creature. Twilight gasped.

"Rainbow Dash! What are you doing!" Twilight yelled, levitating her pegasus friend off of Wilson. Wilson dusted himself off and glared at the pegasus.

"Well, Twilight, it looked like he was thinking about harming you because he was staring at you" Wilson hid is face from them, Twilight just raised her eyebrow and sighed.

"Rainbow, that really isn't a reason to assume that he was going to harm me, besides, you shouldn't really be assuming anyway" Twilight scolded Rainbow Dash for the next minute. Wilson stood up and breathed heavily, Rainbow Dash looked at him in sorrow.

"Hey dude, sorry for tacking you and stuff" She held out her hoof, "My names Rainbow Dash, the fastest and most awesomest pony in Equestria!" Wilson shook her hoof, but he didn't agree with anything she just said. Wilson didn't like people like that, full of themselves and cocky, super competitive and bragging about everything.

"it's a pleasure….. Miss Dash, and I suppose I could forgive for the….. defensive act" Wilson kept himself calm, normally, he would act pretty negative if he was tackled for a silly purpose like that. He wouldn't fight, but he would definitely be angry, he didn't want to get any dirtier than he had to be.

"Now, Rainbow Dash, we were about to go for a walk and I was going to show Wilson around, wanna come?" Twilight asked, Wilson mentally disagreed.

"Sure, Twi, seems like fun" Rainbow Dash said, they walked through town. They saw a crowd formed around something, the three moved to get a closer look. Wilson gasped, there was a bone. But not just any bone, it was dark and scaly, it had a fleshy eye protruding out of the top of it. The eye was closed, it's long eyelashes parked close together, the lids were a maroon red. Wilson ran to it and smiled happily, it was an Eye Bone, and he knew just what it would do.

"Wilson? What are you doing, it could be dangerous!" Twilight said, stepping forwards.

"Not at all, Twilight, in fact, what it down is beyond helpful…. and pretty adorable" He ripped it out of the ground, everypony gasped in surprised. The eye opened instantly and began to start at Wilson, the dark, slightly dilated pupil shaking. It had red lines across it's eyeball, but that was normal for an Eye Bone. It stared intently at Wilson, suddenly, everyone heard the sound of boinging. Everyone was dead silent, except for Wilson, who was practically squee-ing in delight. To every ponies surprise, there was a small creature come towards them. It was furry and maroon colored, it had some dull teeth overlapping it's bottom lip. Saliva was dripping out of it's slightly opened mouth, and it had small, bent horns on top of it's head. It's legs were striped and stubby, it made it look cute and lovable. It was panting and bouncing as if it had not a care in the world. Wilson couldn't contain himself. He ran up to if and smiled in happiness.

"CHESTER!!!!!! <3"