• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 3,498 Views, 81 Comments

Don't Starve! - Tee Sion



Wilson, a crazy, nature hating scientist, must survive in an apocalyptic world. Spider's roam, Wolves hunt, and Darkness rules. Maxwell, the sick,twisted, and down-right chaotic ruler of this land, decided he'd change Wilson's scenery

  • ...
12
 81
 3,498

Memory 1: Chester, My Boy

Wilson ran for his life, a familiar warm, glistening liquid poured out his arms and back. Chester was not too far behind him, bouncing as fast as possible. It had all started with a trap, an accident, and poor timing.

-----

Wilson stepped on the damp, hard dirt just after a thunderstorm during they night. It had came morning not to long ago, his best friend Chester, always up and cheerful to spend another day with his friend, his owner, his father, Wilson. Chester couldn't communicate with Wilson using speech, or writing. Chester was a simple and cute being, not having much too care about…. accept Wilson. Chester would use different body languages to "speak" to Wilson, whether it would be rapidly bouncing in one spot, or licking Wilson to get his attention. When Chester sensed danger, as all animals do, (But Chester wasn't really an animal, he was a cute lil' demon-ish chest), Chester would either plow the ground with his tiny horns, or stomp his stubby little legs into the ground. Wilson took a while to really understand Chester, Chester could think, very well actually. Chester thought about a lot of things, like holding things for Wilson and cuddling with Wilson and just Wilson in general. Chester wished he could do more than that, he always thought that sometimes he was useless. Chester would see how Wilson would become injured, depressed, and near death. What could Chester do about it?

Sit there and watch

This irked Chester too no end, why was he so useless? Chester always thought about that when Wilson was asleep. Wilson would sometimes shuffle in his sleep, and Chester would know what that meant. Wilson had endless nightmares, nights upon nights he's be whimpering or groaning in his sleep. One night, Wilson had woken Chester up, the small chest-like creature was heartbroken. Wilson had red eyes and dark circles around them, there were damp stains on his face.

Wilson had been crying

Chester knew this, he crawled over to Wilson and snuggled up against him. Wilson smiled and hugged Chester, letting the erratic fur tickle his face. That was all Chester could do, sure, he cheered Wilson up, but did that really solve the problem? No, of course not, Wilson would still have bad dreams.

One day, Wilson had made Chester stay at base camp, so Chester got an idea. Arguing with the Eye Bone that had been Chester's outlet to be alive, Chester finally broke free of the Bone's strength. The Bone always advised Chester to stay close to it, so the Bone used telepathic power to force Chester to stay put, if he needed to. Chester ran off into the grasslands, the bright green colors filling his view. Chester gathered as many flowers as he could bear, and scurried back home. When Wilson had came back, there were flowers all around the camp. Wilson smiled and hugged Chester, Chester had a plan to help Wilson.

Night had come, and Chester stayed awake to see some results. For the passed few nights, Wilson had never squirmed, shuffled, or cried in his sleep. Chester was happy, the flowers had definitely helped Wilson's problem.

-----

Wilson and Chester awoke happily and ventured off deep into the island. Chester hadn't been sure of what Wilson had been looking for, but it sounded something like.

"It's about time we headed for the….. what was it? Bishops!" Wilson exclaimed, Chester had no clue what that meant. Wilson ran into some pigs along the way, they were happy to see Wilson alive and kicking.

"Alright, I'll see you guys soon, remember! Every day! Check on my camp! Don't want Krampus getting sneaky!" Wilson shouted, walking backwards and waving. Chester saw it, Chester jumped up and down, yapped his mouth to make noise, he bounced towards Wilson to stop him.

It was far too late

Wilson had bumped into a spider nest, but not just a spider nest. A Spider Queen…. nest. Chester scolded himself for being so slow, Wilson gulped and watched the Spider Queen rise from her sleep in pure terror. He put on his Football Helmet and began to run, he ran for his life. He was running for what seemed like forever, dawn had come, and the spider were restless and were still behind Chester and Wilson. Wilson saw a unnaturally thick patch of grass, easily being able to conceal Wilson from the spiders, making them go away, not being able to find him. He quickly ran inside of the patch, and ducked down. He realized something, there were four tall, radish objects in the grass with him. His eyes widened in fear and he stood up slowly. There were Killer Bee hives threatening to launch bees. He stepped away slowly and ,

Snap!

There was a snapped twig on the ground, the Killer Bess rushed out towards Wilson, surprising him and stinging him with extremely sharp stingers. Wilson was in no position to fight this group of bees, he was low in hunger and his Ham Bat was beginning to fall apart.
Killer Bees were fast, they caught up with Wilson and stung him again, in fear and pain, he scrammed and bolted to get away from them. Wilson ran for his life, a familiar warm, glistening liquid poured out his arms and back. Chester was not too far behind him, bouncing as fast as possible. Chester knew he may die, unless Chester did something, but what could Chester do about this? Wilson let some tears fall and sped up, the bees weren't that far behind. Chester thought about what he could do, and it came down to one thing.

Play

Sacrifice

Chester jumped up as high as he could and started to purposely annoy the angry bees. He shook his head rapidly to push them while they were in the air, soon, they had enough. They targeted Chester, they began to attack him all at once, Chester didn't have a way of expressing pain but if he did, it would be screams and cries. Wilson turned around, his heart stopped, he began to run to save Chester. Chester made a noise, that noise connected with Wilson, it said,

"Go, save yourself"

Wilson reluctantly backed away and began to walk away from the horrifying scene. Wilson watched in pure sorrow as his friend, his pet, his Son was ferociously attacked by these Killer Bees. Wilson could watch any longer, he turned to run away, as fast as he could, he began to cry and wipe his face. Wilson had to look back one more time,

Chester just lay there, bees gathered around him. Wilson knew what had happened.

Chester had died

Wilson returned to his camp immediately, nighttime was just around the corner. Wilson grabbed a Bedroll and laid down.


Wilson cried in his sleep

Author's Note:

I cried while I was writing this…
Chester