• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,974 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,974

PreviousChapters Next
Paradise Falls

Author's Note:

This chapter is shorter than most, so sorry about that, everyone. There are still more chapters to go, but as a warning, it is going to get more brutal and graphic from this point on.

On the way back to Megaton with the loot, we thought it may be nice to have a look around, so me Dashie and Dogmeat traveled west of Minefield. From the looks of the area, it was just a surrounding area of small cliffs and hills and mountains filled with mutated bugs, that unfortunately for us, were cannibal, so it was best to try and avoid the area. While we were walking along, I tuned into Galaxy News Radio, just so we could listen to something soothing instead of the aimless whisps of sand dancing through the gentle breeze.

The host, Three Dog, or so he calls himself, was giving a few daily announcements and events in the now dead world we call the Wasteland. He talked about a place called ''Grayditch'', and how quiet it has recently been. After a few announcements and news, there would be some music playing over the broadcast signal and then it would go back to Three Dog in the studio.

As we walked along we found a few deserted and torn down metal shacks. We stopped to look through them, but found nothing good apart from a few spare bullets that were locked inside ammunition cases. We walked further, eventually coming near what looked like a small shopping center and gambling hall. Before we got there, two other people were walking around in the desert with a few others who appeared to be walking in a straight line between the two. The four in the middle seemed to be wearing some kind of thick, metal necklace around their neck with a small, odd looking small box on the side. I took the sniper off of my back and looked through it, and that's when I saw who they were. They were slavers. The four in the middle where their claimed slaves, and those things around their necks were explosive collars. Bullets of sweat ran down my forehead as I thought of the horrors those slavers could make a reality.

''Whats wrong?'' Rainbow asked sweetly yet concerned from behind me.

I didn't turn around. I kept my gaze upon the slavers instead, now feeling my hands shaking lightly.

''Slavers.'' Is all I said, and when I did, I could hear Dogmeat giving a small growl.

''What's a slaver?''

''They're a bunch of merciless arseholes, is what they are. Kidnapping and making people do their dirty work. And all just for making a profit. They even have sex slaves. I think we should move...as in now.''

I turned my gaze from the scope to Rainbow Dash and Dogmeat, and when I did, I could literally feel the bottom of my stomach fall.
Behind me were two slavers. One was grabbing Rainbow by the neck with a strong firm grip with a pistol pointed at her head, while the other one restrained Dogmeat by wrapping his arm around his neck.

''Oh, shit...'' I breathed softly.

I quickly raised my pistol and shot a few rounds at the one holding Rainbow, hitting him in the upper chest, knocking him to the ground instantly with a splatter of blood followed by a startled scream. The other one who held Dogmeat by the throat raised the arm his held his gun with and shot at me, grazing the top of my left arm, causing me to yelp in pain, making me drop the sniper.

'' Tsk, tsk, tsk. Dumb move, kid. You're coming with me. You and your pretty horse. The boss could have somebody like you.'' He snarled evilly at me.

''Fuck you. Don't you dare hurt her, or you'll regret it...'' I said through gritted teeth, trying to show no fear as I tried to sound as threatening as I could, but to no avail.

''Oh, yeah?'' He grinned at her, pulling a weird kind of weapon up from his holster. He fired it, but the projectile wasn't a bullet, it was more like a blast a Robobrain has. It hit Dash's head, instantly making her puke and drop to the floor without a sound.

''NO! YOU SON OF A BITCH!! I'LL FUCKING KILL Y--''

I was cut off, for the slaver had blasted me in the head with that weird gun, causing me to black out.

''Dumb bastard.''


When I woke up, I was in a large room, chained to the wall by a cold neck collar. The room itself was empty and the only thing in it at the moment was me. My hands were chained together, just like my neck and when I looked around the room to see were Rainbow was, I couldn't see her, which worried me.

''Rainbow!'' I shouted, waiting for a response. ''Rainbow?!''

My voice echoed around the room, the sound soon fading and returning the room to its quiet state.

''Rainbow...please be alright...''


Rainbow Dash was chained up in a large, quiet room, same as Brady. She woke up with a banging headache and felt slightly lightheaded as her eyes opened slowly.

''Whe-where...?'' She mumbled, sounding as if she was drunk. ''Where...where am I..?''

She tried to move, but soon found that she couldn't. The metal collar around her neck kept her from moving away from the wall. Slightly confused, she tugged at the bolted chain that started at the wall, but to no avail. She desperately tried tugging at it, pulling it with what strength she could muster into her weak hooves. Eventually, she gave in, for it was too strong for her to break free of the wall.

Her attention was caught by the sound of a key being turned, sounding a series of clicks as the locks were unlocked and the door knob of the metal plated entrance opened.

A tall figure stood in the entry of it, his form not visible to the blurry vision of the Pegasus. He stepped closer, coming towards Rainbow, causing her to back against the wall. When he got closer she could get a better look at him. He wore a silk, red jacket and trousers with a purple button shirt underneath. His skin was black and his eyes brown. He barely had any hair, and just by his looks, it didn't take long for Rainbow to figure out he had a lot of money.

''Glad to see you're finally awake, cutie pie. How'd you feel?'' He asked calmly.

Rainbow did nothing but stare, the tall black man smirking at her.

''Right. The pain in your head should subside within a couple hours.''

Rainbow stared, not knowing what to say. What did he want with her?

''Who are you? Where-where am I?'' Rainbow asked.

The man chuckled quietly.

''Ah, yes. Well, my dear, you're at Paradise Falls! The HQ of the Slavers! And I'm the owner, Eulogy Jones. And you, my little girl are now a slave. You're going to be here quite a while...oh, yes.''

Rainbow froze and her mouth fell slightly agape, making Eulogy laugh.

''Oh, don't worry, you're ''safe'' here and besides, I have quite a few uses for you...quite a few, indeed....''

PreviousChapters Next