• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,974 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,974

PreviousChapters Next
I'm Sorry

Recording begin

I don't really know how to start this recording, so I'll just get to the reason why I'm making it. First off, to Rainbow Dash, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all I've put you through and the life that you now live, one that shouldn't be lived by somepony as unique as you. When I met you, I hoped for the best, but just when things were going great, partly between our friendship, it all seemed to go south. Because of both my and others actions. As much as I know you cared for me as I did for you, I know that you are still hurt by some things I've done that weren't actually intended. I just hope you can forgive me someday. I'll fully and completely understand and respect your decision whatever it may be.

Things aren't the same between us anymore and to be honest with you, I don't blame you for that. I hurt you and I'm sorry for doing that. The worst pain I've felt since loneliness is the pain I felt when you told me you didn't want to be that way with me anymore. While it may hurt, I understand. I guess I should really tell you that you were the best thing that ever happened to me. While we may never hug or see each other again, that compares to nothing how it feels without you as a part of my life. I know you may still have feelings for me, but even though you pretty much hate me, I've just gotta get it out of my system, to say this one more time.

I love you.

Before I end this message, I should probably mention this to Moira and my friends back at Megaton. And a message for Three Dog. To Moira, I really have to say this - thanks to you, I knew how to survive and look out for myself when I was in the Wasteland scavenging for odds and ends. You pretty much set me up on how to learn to live and survive. Or as you put it, strive, thrive and revive. For that, I thank you. I consider you and the others my best friends. As for Billy, I believe I have to thank you the most, but I really do hope you aren't going to be mad at me anymore, or even more madder at me for what I'm about to say after I say this to you. You always had my and Rainbow's backs when we were in trouble, even Gustavo, and what makes me feel bad about how close you two were together was the fact that I killed him.

I swear I didn't do it on intentional circumstances, but I guess that sounds pretty stupid seeing as I did it like he was just any other wrong-doer or Raider in the Wasteland. I'm truly sorry for that. Now, to Three Dog, I'm sorrier than sorry for what I did. I was just so mad at myself and my actions that I didn't even think first before assaulting you. I just hope you can forgive me for it. I guess I got a little over-protective at the time.

But now onto the last part.

I'm leaving Megaton.

Not because of all I've done but more of because it's the way things are meant to be. You're all just gonna have to trust me on this. I aren't coming back. I'm doing this so you'll all be safe, particularly Rainbow Dash. I'm sorry if you feel sad or maybe even angry at me, but I can't be around you anymore. Being with Rainbow before I saw you all again the other day made me realize that. She is scared of me, and I have no doubt that most of you are, too. I think things would just be better off if I was still dead. I would rather be dead than drag all my friends into the abyss of hell as I go along my way.

For the very last time, I'm sorry. And goodbye. Don't come after me.

Oscar Brady.

Recording end

I ended the recording on my Pip-Boy and took it off of my arm. I had tears running down my face as I was talking through the audio recording and I could barely even keep a clear voice. I just hope it is worth it. I wouldn't really need much at this point in time. Just myself and a gun. I wiped the tears from my eyes as I placed the Pip-Boy on the table in the living room of my house. I looked at the picture of me and Rainbow together, the exact same one I had on me when I went after Mister Burke right before I nearly died. The blood was still on it, but that didn't change much of the memory.

I kissed the cheek of Rainbow Dash before I placed it underneath the Pip-Boy on the table and turned towards the door, hoping no one would catch me. It was the latest hour of the night and I decided it would be the best time to make my way out of town. I didn't need them to find me. It would destroy their hearts, but I already knew they were pretty much already torn and shredded.

The amazing thing about the heart is that it makes no noise when it breaks. I just hope they don't take it too hard or try to track me down.

PreviousChapters Next