• Published 22nd Jan 2014
  • 1,063 Views, 12 Comments

The Lost Book of the Creator - contodaslasganas



One book. Just one book. Oh, but that book holds all the secrets, the truth about everything... and the only way to save Twilight. But does it hold the entire truth? And who are these "Original Ponyfolk," anyway?

  • ...
2
 12
 1,063

PROLOGUE: (Original One-Shot) History of the Ponyfolk

“Now, who could that be?”

The rain was pouring down harshly, lightning striking every couple of seconds, the wind unceasing as gales ruffled leaves and threatened to upend any small animal that may still be left outside.

Obviously, Twilight didn’t expect anypony to be outside in such inclement weather, making the knock she heard on her door seem even more ominous. The purple mare slowly opened the door, catching a glimpse of a small figure in black as it scurried away, a streak of lightning illuminating the creature one last time before disappearing into the darkness.

As the unicorn debated over whether to chase after the figure, she noticed something new on her doorstep: a large rectangle of faded brown color – a book, she thought as she inspected the object, stepping back inside and shutting the door behind her.

The Book of the Creator. Hmm, why does that name sound so familiar…?

Suddenly, Twilight’s eyes grew to the size of oranges, her brain turning numb for just a second as she attempted to process what lay in her hooves.

THE BOOK OF THE CREATOR! But, all copies were supposedly destroyed in the Great Flame near the Beginning of Time!

Twilight quickly sat down in her favorite reading chair, the book squarely in her hooves, ready to open up to the first page–

“Twilight! Aren’t you going to prepare some dinner?”

“In a minute, Spike!” An exasperated Twilight pondered over whether she should fix up something to eat, but something about the book didn’t seem to let her, the tome having taken all of the mare’s attention in its hold.

Twilight prepared to open the first page, when all of a sudden the book’s pages began to flip rapidly, turning as if commanded by some internal force, all while the unicorn stared at it with a confused expression.

This much magic, in a book? How is this possible?

As if on cue, the book became completely still, frozen as it displayed two pages in weird lettering. The symbols themselves then began to morph, slowly but surely turning into the Equestrian language.

Twilight, captivated at the thought of reading such a weird book, directed her eyes to the very top of the page.

Chapter IV: Creation of the Ponyfolk

The Creator, seeing Her planet teeming with life, basked in the joy of Her creations, the small animals chittering happily, the griffons and the minotaurs casually strolling around, talking about something or even nothing at all.

Still, the Creator felt something was missing. A certain shape formed in Her mind, and to Her canvas She returned, wanting to create the masterpiece that plagued Her thoughts. But alas, the Paint of Life She was using had run out, only small amounts of the blackest of colors left.

Still, She painted and painted, rationing the one color she had by leaving some holes in her design. At last, the Paint had run out, but Her creation was complete: two small black beings, riddled with holes where the Paint was lacking, possessing four legs and four hooves, and having a heart as caring as the Creator Herself.

The figures leaped out of the page, bounding joyfully upon Her fields, perfect to the Creator in every way.

“But what shall they eat?” thought the Creator, not wanting Her new, perfect creations to starve. A thought came to Her, and so it became: the creatures, who She named the Ponyfolk, were to feed on emotions, growing stronger with the love they felt for each other.

And love each other they did, the Ponyfolk quickly growing in size and in number, never going hungry, surviving and flourishing by their own love.

As Twilight struggled to understand the meaning of what she had read, the book’s pages once again decided to flip, reaching closer to the end until it stopped on one page: The Fall of the Perfect Creation.

Twilight continued reading eagerly, no longer caring about her surroundings, completely lost in the sea of words that now faced her.

Chapter X: The Fall of the Perfect Creation

Alas, what is perfect never lasts, be it by some outside action or internal force. The Ponyfolk, having discovered they taste of the plants that grew bountifully, began to eat, and as they ate, their skin became colorful, their holed exterior slowly growing patches of fur.

From there arose the three types of Ponies, as they called themselves: the horned ones, the winged ones, and the bare ones, all covered in fur.

As fate would have it, though, unbeknownst to the Ponyfolk, the transformations were causing their life spans to gradually decrease.

The Creator witnessed this, and so She decided to take action. One night, the Creator appeared into an elder Ponyfolk’s dream, warning him of the cost of the transformation and assigning him the task of spreading the word.

But alas, most of the Ponyfolk, having never heard of this ‘Creator,’ ignored Her advice, the few who listened to the elder slowly being shunned from the rest as more of the Ponyfolk began to transform.

The Ponyfolk who had not transformed were now in a bind: though they thrived out of love, their numbers were slowly withering, the transformed Ponyfolk only directing negative emotions towards them, emotions that caused unhappiness among the Creations and shortened their lives.

As the last couple of the untransformed Ponyfolk began to wither away, they pleaded to the Creator for a chance to survive, a way to receive more love, a way to live.

And the Creator heard their pleas, providing them with invisible cloaks that stuck to their skin.

“Now, go to the other Ponyfolk, and wish to look like them, and so it shall be. May you find love enough to sustain yourselves, and any foals you may have shall be blessed with the same gift.”

And so the untransformed Ponyfolk, donning the name of ‘Changelings,’ blended in with the transformed. They received the love they so longed for and needed, and they prospered for a time.

Yet not all was good for long, for once the transformed Ponyfolk discovered the secret, they chased out the untransformed ones, denying them the love they needed to survive. The horned ones, the only Ponies that had retained their magical powers, spent years studying the Changelings and had finally found a way to locate them even when they were disguised. As more of the horned ones learned this spell, the Changelings were further pushed back.

The population of the untransformed dwindled yet again, what few remained seeking sanctuary in any place they could find, waiting for their Creator to help them, to save them from their destruction. Meanwhile, the Ponies built their own villages and towns, flourishing and unwilling to share with the Ponyfolk who still held their original form.

It is said that soon the Creator shall bring forth another Ponyfolk, one in the same design as the original, who will unite the untransformed and help them survive alongside the others.

Twilight simply gazed at those last words in shock, piecing together the jig-saw of ideas that floated around in her mind, reaching a disturbing conclusion she refused to accept.

“Spike! Quickly, send this book to the Princess!”

The Princess will be able to disprove the authenticity of this book. Somepony probably wrote this as a joke. Yeah, that’s right. Princess Celestia can tell me that this book is nonsense.

The words she had read were still etched into her mind, all the while Twilight rejecting their validity, but a part of her mind still held an inkling of a doubt.

What if what the book said is true?

What if we were the cause of all this all along?

Author's Note:

So, yeah, an origin story for the changelings. Now I have to get back to my other stories :twilightsheepish: