• Published 19th Mar 2012
  • 2,411 Views, 63 Comments

Unexpected Friends - Dark0592

  • ...
7
 63
 2,411

C.5 Goddesses and Fillies

“Take care of my Daughter, if she is hurt and you could have stopped it you will be the second one I come for.” Mira said, half joking half serious, to Vinyl when they were leaving. “Don't worry, I'd never let that happen if I can help it.” Vinyl said. “Good, I will walk the two of you to the town exterior, a few years ago a new mayor was elected...he isn't nearly as...open minded about most things as others.” he continued. “Thanks Otets.” Octavia said. The Carriage was at the edge of the City and they started walking. “So why does Octy call you Otets?” Vinyl asked. “It is Father in my language...it was her first word, we were very close when she was a foal.” Mira replied as they walked. “We still are, just not as in touch as I'd like.” Octavia said with a smile. “Huh...my first word was 'Hungry'.” Vinyl said. “Why does that not surprise me.” Octavia said with a laugh. “Mira, go home now.” they heard a male voice say from near them. They all looked to see a small group of Stallions. “I knew you would try something.” Mira said, standing protectively in front of the two.

“Now, I don't take too kindly to ponies like you in my town, so we're going to...expunge you...like an infection.” the Stallion, the Mayor of the town, said. “I was escorting them out of the town...we don't need your...help.” Mira said. “This doesn't concern you Mira, go home...before we burn it down.” he continued. Mira smirked. “You know perfectly well if you did that this town would loose it's mayor...you break my house or my family...I break your neck.” Mira said. “Whoa, go Mira.” Vinyl said. He looked at her and grinned, and then looked back at the Mayor. “Such a brute...I suppose you are right, you do all the labor around here so I guess I can't get rid of you...but we will go through you...so step aside.” he continued. “Try it.” Mira said threateningly. “We need to go, Otets can handle these guys no problem.” Octavia whispered to Vinyl. Vinyl nodded and they backed up slowly. “Mpf!” Vinyl heard behind them as the group and Mira collided. Vinyl had been to some seedy bars and she recognized the sound of a Mare's mouth getting covered up so she turned around to face two Stallions. “Cowards, attacking from behind...” Vinyl said. “What're you going to do about it?” one asked. “This!” Vinyl yelled and lunged forward, turned around and thrust her back legs under his chin. He literally flew backwards quite a few feet and was unconscious. “Get off me!” Octavia yelled as she flipped the Stallion over her shoulder and kicked him in the head. She was panting and Vinyl was giving her an amazed look. She motioned her head towards Mira, who was already halfway through the mob of ponies. “He taught me how to fight...” she said when she caught her breath.

When one of the Stallions managed to lock his forelegs around Mira's neck he faltered. “otets!” Octavia yelled when they got him to his knees with the help of two other Stallions. Before Octavia could stop her, Vinyl was charging up and she tackled two of them off. She landed on one, knocking him unconscious, and kicked the other one in the head to knock him out. Mira threw the last one off, smiled at Vinyl, and then finished the rest of them off. “Now, if you ever think of attacking my Family, especially when my Daughter is with Foal...you had better just forget about it or I will break you.” Mira said very threateningly to the Mayor, who was still conscious. The mayor had a look of horror on his face and he nodded furiously. “Vinyl, thank you so much for helping my Daughter.” Mira said, hugging her. “N-No problem...she's got my kid...though I think she could have handled herself...Octy you alright?” Vinyl said, finishing with the question as Octavia sat down and looked like she was out of breath. “Not as much energy as I used to have..I'm fine...let's just get out of here. Thanks Otets.” she said and hugged the Stallion.

“Some ponies just sicken me...Oh Vinyl, your shades...” Octavia said on the carriage, noticing Vinyl wasn't wearing the trademark lenses. “They got stepped on...Don't worry, they were just shades I can always get new ones back in Manehattan. I can't ,however, get a new Octy so it was a good trade.” Vinyl said, snuggling up to her on the seat. Octavia smiled and they just relaxed. “I see Canterlot, we should be there by nightfall.” the Driver said. “Thank you.” Octavia said. “hey that bastard bruised you...” Vinyl said, putting a hoof on the slightly darker portion of Octavia's cheek. “Huh?” Octavia said, putting a hoof up as well. “must have been when he grabbed me...it doesn't hurt at all though.” she continued. “I hope you broke his spine...” Vinyl said. Octavia chuckled and caught Vinyl in a kiss. “Maybe, maybe not...Everyone's alright and that's what matters.” she said, patting her stomach. Vinyl smiled and hugged Octavia.

A royal guard met them once they were a few minutes from the gates. “Princess Celestia has requested an Audience with the Passengers of this Carriage.” he said. “Huh?” the two said. “Drive straight to the palace when you arrive in the city.” he said to the Driver, who nodded in confusion and the Pegasus took off. “Why would the Princess want to see us?” Octavia asked. “I don't know...let's hope it's not for something we did wrong...” Vinyl said.

They Arrived at the Palace and, instead of being taken to the throne room, they were taken to Celestia's private Library. “Princess, they are here.” the Attendant that showed them the way said when they entered. “Come on in you two.” Celestia's voice called. They walked in and found a Purple unicorn Mare playing with a smaller purple Alicorn that looked no older than a few months old. The Filly's mane was longer and flowed similarly to Celestia's as did her tail, though the coloration was a bit darker. “So you were in the middle of all the commotion in Edinspur this morning.” Celestia said, stepping up to them. “Are we in trouble?” Octavia asked. “Heavens no, I wanted to make sure those involved were alright and exactly what happened.” Celestia said. “Normally I'd have gone to Edinspur to find out that way, but I was told you two were coming here so I waited.” she continued. There was a very adorable sounding laughter coming from behind Celestia and they all looked to see Twilight holding the Filly in the air with her magic as the Filly flapped her wings and pretended to fly. They all laughed for a bit and then they got back to the matter at hand.

“Well...we were visiting our parents on the way here and in Edinspur the Mayor and a group of other Ponies attacked us...Luckily my dad was there to help protect us.” Octavia said. “Why would they attack you?” Celestia asked. “Well...the bastards were Prejudiced...we're...together.” Vinyl said. Celestia looked furious. “Everypony has their rights to their own opinion...but...but to attack two young mares for no other reason?...I am going to have to have a very long 'talk' with this Mayor...” Celestia said lowly. “Don't worry, Octy's father took care of it...” Vinyl said. “Octy?” Celestia said. “Oh, Octavia Philharmonic.” Octavia said. “Octavia Philharmonic?!” Twilight exclaimed, nearly dropping the Filly...but the filly enjoyed the drop. “That's me.” Octavia said with a smile. “Your Lullaby record puts Dawn to sleep every night.” the Purple Unicorn said, meaning the Filly. Twilight, who was on her back to play with Dawn, rolled over and walked over to them with Dawn perched on her head. “I recognize you from some posters and ads for Manehattan places...your name Escapes me though.” Twilight said to Vinyl. “my stage name is DJ-PON3, but my name is Vinyl Scratch.” Vinyl said. “That's it...” Twilight said. “So why were you coming here?” Celestia asked. “Well...uh...Octy's pregnant...with my Foal.” Vinyl said. The two looked at each other, then at Octavia. “How did it happen?” Celestia asked. “Well we went to a doctor in Manehattan...” Octavia started and they explained it.

“Love is the strongest Magic there is...it doesn't even need a horn to create something as sacred as life. I never thought I'd see another Foal born of magic.” Celestia said, nudging the filly on Twilight's head with her nose. “heh, maybe when ours is born they can be friends.” Vinyl said, half jokingly. “That's a great Idea!” Twilight exclaimed. “Really? But we live so far away.” Octavia said. “We were talking about moving somewhere safer than Manehattan before the kid was born...we could move to Canterlot or somewhere really close.” Vinyl said. “If you don't like the city life for your Foal, there's a village a two hour carriage ride by land from here called Ponyville. It's where I lived for a long time and everyone is friendly, and Prejudice and violence are practically non existent.” Twilight suggested. “...That would be nice...” Octavia said. “But to take your time just so our children could be friends is asking too much of you...” she continued. “Nonsense, I'm in Ponyville with Dawn half of the time.” Twilight said. “And to tell the truth, my role in Equestria isn't nearly as big as it was in the old days. The Sun and the Moon have been set and raised by magic for so long they do it themselves now, only occasionally needing a nudge from Luna or I...I would not mind settling down in a quiet town like Ponyville actually.” Celestia said. Vinyl and Octavia's jaws were on the ground. They always thought they were important, but only in their own home. Now they were apparently so important they were talking casually with the ruler of Equestria who was contemplating settling down in a town they were doing the same for. It was almost like a dream, an alternate reality of some sorts. Suddenly a light grumbling was heard and Twilight laughed. “it's time to feed Dawn. I've been working on something so you two meet me back here in half an hour while I feed dawn and hand her over to Luna to nap.” Twilight said. “Come on, let's go see Aunt Luna.” Twilight said to the Filly.

“She really is an Adorable filly.” Octavia said. “It was one of the happiest days of my life...” Celestia said. “We were scared at first when it happened.” Celestia continued, looking at them to see if they were interested in the story. The two looked eagerly at the Princess, silently demanding her to continue. “Our magic sort of exploded...the energy formed together into a flash of light. It was the kind of flash that lingered for a while so you couldn't see what was within...we were scared something bad had happened...but when the light abated Dawn was staring up at us with adorable blue eyes...” Celestia said. They asked Celestia a whole lot about the Filly, trying to learn as much as they could. Half an hour later Twilight came back. “So the thing I was talking about...after Dawn came I sorta got obsessed with finding out as much as I could about Foals and pregnancy and everything else pertaining to Foals. I found out a way to use my magic to harmlessly show you what the Foal looks like in the Womb.” Twilight said. The two looked at her in amazement. “I haven't been able to test it on anypony yet, just figured it out recently. Wanna see what your Foal looks like?” Twilight asked. The two nodded furiously.

“Alright...this might tickle a bit.” Twilight said and put the tip of her horn on Octavia's stomach. She closed her eyes in concentration and after a few moments opened them smiling. “It's a unicorn filly.” she said with a smile. She enveloped a piece of paper in magic and an image started forming on the page slowly. When it was complete they all looked at it. It was barely formed, but it was recognizable. They could see the little horn even. “I managed to analyze the pigments in her skin, which were just barely forming, so I could tell that her coat will be gray and her mane and tail a light teal...but thats all I could get. She's perfectly healthy and very strong, though she looks a bit too big...” Twilight continued. “You could tell all of this about a Foal that's only a week developed?” Vinyl asked. “She's only a week developed?...she looked like a month.” Twilight asked, confused. “What?” the two said. “You're even as big as a month...” Twilight said. “Didn't you ever find that weird?” Celestia asked. “I thought it was normal...I've never seen a pregnant Mare that wasn't big!” Octavia said. “Maybe...Maybe the magic that created the Foal is also accelerating the development rate...” twilight said, thinking hard. “maybe we should move nearby...so we have you to check on her and to see what's happening.” Octavia said. “We'll stop by this Ponyville on the way back and see how expensive a place is there.” Vinyl said. “We should probably go now...we have nowhere to stay yet and we don't want to intrude on your hospitality anymore.” Octavia said, getting up. “Nonsense, even if you were just two average mares I wouldn't keep you here for so long without allowing you to stay here for the night.” Celestia said. “oh...um...thank you Princess, we'd be honored to stay.” Octavia said.

“We'll see you next time you're in Canterlot we promise.” Octavia said as they left the palace the next morning. “at the library there is a purple dragon named Spike, have him write us If you decide to move to Ponyville.” Twilight said. “Um..ok...thank you so much for your hospitality.” Vinyl said. “A princess always has time for her subjects.” Celestia said. Vinyl and Octavia bowed and left. “So Ponyville huh?...it even sounds peaceful.” Octavia said as they neared the little town. “Ya...they better have a good party place though or I'd be bored forever.” Vinyl said. “Pinkie Pie lives in Ponyville.” the Driver said. “Wait...Pinkie pie as in Pinkamina Diane Pie?” Vinyl asked, leaning her head out of the window. “Yes.” “So...the number one party pony in all of Equestria lives in Ponyville? This is going to be awesome.” Vinyl said. “Who is she?” Octavia asked. “Oh, right...you never went to clubs before...Pinkie Pie is, like I said, the number one party pony in the world. She toured Equestria a few years back...they say that Partying is how she got her cutie mark.” Vinyl said. “That sounds like one crazy pony.” Octavia said. Vinyl shrugged.