• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 1,182 Views, 34 Comments

Journal of the Princess of the Night - Basmati



This is the lost of journal of Princess Luna, pre-Nightmare Moon era.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,182

Entry 3 - That bitch.

Right, where do I start? Shall I start by saying that once again, my sister has failed to prove to me that she is not a BITCH! I am getting so fed up with her right now. She only thinks of herself and her stupid image. I mean, making important decisions that are supposed to be made by the both of us TOGETHER by herself. That's not right. What has she done now, you ask. Oh, let me enlighten you.

I was taking my usual evening stroll around the castle - what I tend to do is to walk around for a bit then go off into the forest for about half an hour - and I was passing Tia's room when...

"Luna? Is that you?"

I sighed, then walked into my sister's bedroom, to find her standing at her window, which was open, unusually. Tia never opens the window - she's scared that some rabbit or badger will come in and get her.

She turned around, saw me, and smiled.

"Good, I'm glad you're here - we have important matters to discuss."

"Tia, cut the crap. What do you want?" I asked, walking further into the room.

She walked over to me. "You know, your hair really does look lovely in the moonlight. I suppose that why you made it s-"

"Tia."

"Ok." She walked over to her bed, and lay on it. "I was just wondering...how would you like to move to Canterlot?"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. This topic came up about once every week, and I tended to lose my temper by the end of the discussion. "Tia, we have already talked about this. I don't want to move to Canterlot. I don't like Canterlot. I like it here, in Everfree Castle."

"But just suppose we-"

"Tia!" I stood right in front of her bed now. "We are not moving. We cannot move. There is no castle in Canterlot for us. End of." I started walking away, towards the door when she said, "Well...actually..."

I froze. I had heard this tone before, and it never ended well. "What did you do?"

"I have already commissioned a new castle to be built. In Canterlot."

I turned around and walked back towards my sister.

"You did what?" I said quietly.

Celestia jumped off the bed, and put her hoof on my shoulder. "Luna, this is a big step for us. I know you'll love it the-"

"No." I threw her hoof off me. "No, I will not love it and I will not like it, and you know that I won't." My voice was gradually getting louder and louder. "You know that I do not like Canterlot, and you know how much I love it here, but of course, you don't care! You only think about yourself! That was an important decision that was supposed to be made by the both of us - not just you!" I was definitely shouting now. Celestia was starting to back away from me.

"I have lost count of the number of times you have done this! We are co-rulers, Celestia! I am not just your assistant! I am your sister, and you are supposed to come to me before you make decisions like that!"

Celestia stood there, her mouth partially open in shock. "I - I didn't think you'd mind."

"You didn't think? I can tell you didn't think! You knew I would mind! I have told you on countless occasions how much I dislike Canterlot, but still you go through with this!"

Her eyes were beginning to tear up. "Luna-"

"JUST SHUT UP, TIA! SHUT THE BUCK UP!" I was fed up. I decided to leave before I did something I would regret.

Leaving the room, I saw the palace guards running towards me.

"Princess Luna, we heard shouts. Is everything alright?"

"Oh yes. Everything's just peachy." I walked straight past them towards my room, and flung the window open. Without a moment's delay, I jumped out and flew away.

I flew until I got to the edge of the forest - as far as I would dare to go without a guard. I sat under a tree at the edge of Everfree Forest, and I wept. I wept for me, and for my home, and for my forest, which I knew I would be leaving.

I knew that this day would come eventually; I just hoped that it would be...easier and that I would be a bit happier to leave. I didn't think it would happen so soon.

I only came back a few minutes ago, and ever since then, Tia has been at my door, trying to get me to unlock it so that we can "talk about this". There is nothing I want to talk to her about.

I've been trying to think of good things that can come out of this - the building of the castle will create more jobs for ponies, it would be easier to...buy things if you're in the city, and I guess I can get more involved with politics when I'm there (Tia doesn't really bother that much with the politics of the land). But the only thing that makes me a bit happier is that I'll be closer to Gem in Canterlot.

I've sent a letter to Gem, but he hasn't replied. I expect that he is asleep now - it is well after sundown. Oh, I've never needed him more than I do now.