• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 1,183 Views, 34 Comments

Journal of the Princess of the Night - Basmati



This is the lost of journal of Princess Luna, pre-Nightmare Moon era.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,183

Prologue

I came across the journal in a rather peculiar way - it was a few days after my parents' funeral. I had been left their house, but, for obvious reasons, I couldn't live there. It brought back too many memories. And not very nice memories.
So I was clearing out the basement, getting ready to move out of my deceased parents' home, when I found a box. This box wasn't like the usual cardboard boxes that everything else was in - this box was all black, and made with black velvet, with navy embroidery. There was a lock on the box, but years, decades, centuries, maybe even millenia, had not been good to it, and there might as well have been no lock on it in the first place.

I carefully opened the box, brushing the dust and spiders' webs off it, and immediately saw what lay inside.

A book.

An ordinary book - some might argue, but I saw something in this book. I was intrigued. Blowing off the dust, I saw the sparkle of silver, encrusted with sapphires. I had never seen anything like it before. From that point, I knew that this was no ordinary book - this was special.

I was curious, so, like anyone would, I read it. I sat in that dusty basement that belonged to my parents for hours on end - I sat there until I finished it.

Closing the book, I knew that this experience was something that shouldn't just be mine - everyone should have a chance to read this.

So here it is. This is the journal of Luna, the Princess of Night.

*****************************************************************************