• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 1,091 Views, 25 Comments

In the land of Equestria - damandan28



a man wakes up in the land of equestria with no knowledge on how he got there (original right?)

  • ...
4
 25
 1,091

In the land of Friendship pt2

Editor’s note: Hey everypony! Bronymaster here. I have to apologize to you all first off, because it is entirely my fault that it took so long for this chapter to be released. Real life got in the way, plus I’m lazy. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know it’s not even the author’s fault. Have a good read!
AN (7/23/12): Made a few edits that I missed when I posted this so nothing changed.


I looked up from the ground to see where the bright light came from. I noticed that I wasn’t in the library any more. The inside of the room was actually quite larger than the one I was in. However, a lot of the space was taken up by the many mannequins and fabric that was spread across the room. It looked like a tornado had blown through here!

“Rarity!” yelled Twilight. I jumped a little when I noticed her next to me, till I realized that she must have teleported us here.

“Twilight?” Rarity yelled back from a room, confused. She walked out into the room we’re in. We were in the same order we were In back in the library. She looked at me and said, “Oh Daniel, thank Celestia you're her-“

“Rarity, where are Daniel’s old pants?” Twilight interrupted.

“Oh, sorry darling, but I threw them in the furnace so no other creature could wear them again. Why do you ask?” Twilight looked heartbroken. She just moped there; she was so close to technology far beyond her world. “Twilight what’s wrong?”

I answered for her, “I’ll fill you in later. Did you want me for something?”

“Oh yes. I need to do some more measurements. The ones I got from your old clothes aren’t enough for a suit. I need ones like your neck and full arm length. It wouldn’t be long. Just about ten minutes.”

“Sounds fine with me.” I turn to the rest of the girls, “Do you girls mind if you wait for ten minutes?”

“Actually, I'm gonna go to my house and get your knife. I bet I’ll be back in three minutes.” RD said.

“Three! Ha I can do it in two!” AJ challenged.

“Is that a challenge?”

“Ya have ta keep up to make it a challenge.”

“HA! You're on.”

“’Right. First one there and back wins.”

Fluttershy interrupted, “Um…excuse me girls. You think you can make it to Sugarcube Corner? Me and Pinkie are taking Twilight there to cheer her up…if you don’t mind?”

“Sure thing Flutters. It would give me more distance to get in front of AJ here.”

“In yer dreams!” replied AJ.

“Alright then, Readysetgo!” and they were off.

Fluttershy turned to Rarity and I and asked,” Um… can you two joins us when you're done? If you're not busy, that is.”

“I’ll be glad to come,” I turned to Rarity, “but I need someone to guide me there.”

“Well…I am ahead of schedule. I already finished the pants and the suit should only take one to two hours. I would be glad to take you darling.”

“Great! I’ll meet you girls later.” They all walked, or, in Pinkie’s case, bounced away.

After they left Rarity grabbed my hand with her magic and pulled me to a platform. I realized that I was alone with Rarity. Oh god! She’s going to rape me….damn it brain, stop it! While she was measuring me I was filling her in on why Twilight was sad and the questions that were asked in the library. Then a small white unicorn with purple and pink curly hair walked in the door.

"Hey Rar-" she stopped as she stared at me. "AAAAAHHHHHHH MONSTER!" she screamed as she ran out the door.

"Sweetie Belle, wait!" Rarity yelled as she ran after her.

I looked at myself in the mirror. "*sigh* I may look like a monster, but I'm a sexy monster." I tried to boost my confidence. Rarity walked back in.

"Sorry about that darling. That was my little sister, Sweetie Belle."

"That’s alright. I know that my appearance is different. I actually thought more ponies would be like that."

"Honestly, I thought that too. When Zecora, a zebra, came into town, everypony freaked out and hid in their houses. Now that you are here ponies are just staring. I mean, at least Zecora looked like a pony! Um... No offense."

"None taken, but the day isn't over yet."

"*sigh* That’s true. Well I'm done measuring you. Let me just put my notes in my idea room and we shall be on our way."

"Sounds good."

We walked out of the boutique into the town. We’ve only walked a few yards and past a big tree when we heard someone yell, "Now!" next thing I know I’m caught in a net and forced down to the ground. "Cutie Mark Crusaders Monster Hunters!" Someponies yell in unison. I looked up to see my captors and I see three small ponies. One was a yellow pony with red mane and a bow in it. Another was an orange pegasus with a purple, tomboyish mane. The final pony was the same white unicorn I saw in the boutique.

"Girls!" Rarity yelled. "This is no monster. This is my new friend, Daniel." I stopped paying attention to her as I tried to escape from my rope prison. I was trying to wiggle out but no avail. I can take care of a manticore, but I can't escape from a damn net! I thought to myself. “Let me help you out of that darling.” She used her magic to lift the net off of me.

“Thanks for the help Rarity.” I said as I got up. I looked over to my former captors to see that they were only children, or whatever you call child ponies. I think you call them foals? Anyway, they were looking down to the ground ashamed. “Let me guess. You girls thought I was a monster that was going to hurt Rarity.” They nodded. “Well…good job.” They looked up from the ground shocked at what I said.

“W…what?” said the orange one.

“Yeah, good job. I mean, I'm easily three or four times bigger than you, and you girls took me down just like that. Heck, even a manticore couldn’t do that!”

“We did do a good job didn’t we?” said the yellow one in an accent similar to AJ’s.

“Yep. I'm Daniel and you girls are?”

“I'm Applebloom.” Said the yellow one.

“I'm Scootaloo.” Said the orange one.

“And I'm Sweetie Belle.” Said the white one.

“And we are,” they said in unison, “THE CUTTIE MARK CRUSADERS!” The volume with which they said the last part was enough to make me cringe in pain.

“Girls, would you like to come with us to Sugarcube Corner?” Rarity asked.

“Sorry sis, but we’re planning to go look for our cutie marks.”

“*sigh* Fine. But be safe!” She said sternly.

“We will!” They said as they ran off.

“So Rarity?” I asked as we started walking again.

“Yes dear?”

“Is Applebloom Applejack’s sister?” she nodded. “So is Scootaloo Dash’s sister?”

Rarity sighed, “No. Nobody knows if she even has a family. She hasn’t revealed her family life to anypony. Not even her friends.”

“So she’s an orphan?”

“My friends and I think so, but we’re not a hundred percent sure.”

“Well that’s a shame.”

“Yes, it really is.” She said. I think she didn’t like talking about the subject, because she suddenly exclaimed “Look, we are almost there!” She pointed in the distance.

I looked in the direction she pointed and saw a…gingerbread house? Well it has two candy cane pillars on both sides of the door, a gram cracker roof, and a… cupcake tower on top? It looks delicious, I must eat it, my inner fat-ass spoke to me. I ignored it.

“We’re here.” Said Rarity.

“This building looks…delicious.” I stated dumbly.

“Well just wait until we get inside.” I opened the door for Rarity and I walked in to see the most scrumptious set of cupcakes, cakes, and other assortment of pastries. I eyes widened trying to take in all of the deliciousness.

“Yeah, a lot of ponies look like that when they first come here.” Pinkie giggled as I looked over to her on the other side of the room. She was there with the rest of the girls; RD had a prideful grin on her face, while AJ looked down in defeat, Twi looked better, Flutters was still hiding behind her mane, and of course Pinkie had a great big smile on her face. “You hungry?”

“Starving.” I said as I went to the counter. No one was there so I rang the bell on the counter. In the millisecond after I pressed the bell Pinkie came up from behind the counter.

“What will you be having?” she asked as I stood there stunned.

“….Um… I guess I’ll hav-“before I could finished she stuffed a cupcake into my mouth. “*cough cough* Pinkie, what the” I started to chew on the cupcake and I experience an explosion of deliciousness. “This….this is….” I had no words to explain what was going on in my mouth. I just stood there trying to find out what I've been eating all my life before now. My thoughts were interrupted by Pinkie.

“Trying to figure out what you’ve been eating all your life?” I nodded as she giggled. “Well here.” she handed me a box full of cupcakes. “It's on the house.” I would argue with her but these cupcakes are too damn good!

“Thank you Pinkie.”

“Don’t thank me, thank the author.”

“What?” I said as she giggled and walked towards the back. Whatever; I have cupcakes. I turned around to walk back to the girls when I see Pinkie sitting there with them. I looked back to where Pinkie was going when she was behind the counter. “How!?” I yelled.

“Don’t. Question. It.” Twi reminded me. She sounded really irritated for some reason.

“Right.” I sighed. I walked back and sat down with the girls; though they were sitting down on chairs I was on the floor so I could be eye level with them. They were talking as I was watching them, and it sounded like they had known each other for their entire lives. “Excuse me girls,” I interrupted, “how long have you been friends for?”

“Well, I’ve known everypony here for about a year and a half, and I'm the latest edition. I came from Canterlot with orders from the Princess to learn about friendship and I met the girls.” Said Twilight.

“Me and Futters here have known each other since we were little fillies back in Cloudsdale.” Rainbow added.

“I lived in Ponyville all my life. Fluttershy stayed with me for a while after she moved down from Cloudsdale four years ago and introduced me to Dash a year afterward, before moving out.” Rarity explained.

“Like Rarity here, Ah’ve lived on the outskirts of Ponyville mah whole life. Ah’ve known Rarity fer a while, but we weren’t friends until Ah met Dash here about three years ago along with Fluttershy.” AJ continued.

“I came to Ponyville about two and a half years ago and stayed here with the Cakes, friends of my parents, and became friends with everypony!” Pinkie finished. “How about your friends?” Pinkie asked me in return.

“Well when I was little I became friends with everybody. I got along great with everyone.” I said as I smiled. “It wasn’t until my dad died whi-“ I realized I dropped the ball there trying to keep up a happy moment. I looked around the room to see sad faces. “I guess you all want to know what happened.”

“Whoa there partner, we don’t want ya to tell us iff’n ya don’t want.” AJ stated.

“Don’t worry about it. I'm actually proud of what my father did. He was a cop, a protector of people and the law. He was a great cop, and well known around the city. He was off duty one day while walking around downtown after receiving an award from the mayor when a man, upset with the government, ran around shooting people with a colt .45. As the man was shooting, my dad was taking cover behind a bench and there was a kid standing a few feet away from my dad. The gunman turned and looked at the kid, pointed the gun at him, and fired. As he did though, my dad dove towards the kid and protected him with his body. The kid said my dad told him not to move. As the gunman walked towards my dad he was shot dead by two police officers. The kid was unharmed, but… my dad died on the way to the hospital.” I looked up to see the girls with watery eyes, which made my eyes water up too. “Please girls, don’t cry. My dad died a hero; he saved a kid’s life.”

“Daniel….I’m sorry. Can I ask a quick question though?” Twi asked.

“Sure.”

“What’s a colt .45 and a gun?” I stood there shocked and stunned. Oh no, I'm not gonna be the one to bring guns here. What am I gonna tell her?

“Look Twilight, some things are just better left unsaid.”

“But-” She began, but I cut her off.

“No!” I said. “There are things from my world that should never be known in this one. *sigh* I'm sorry. It’s just that my world is full of dangerous things that should be left unknown here.”

“We understand, don’t we Twi?” Replied AJ, who shot Twilight a sharp look.

“I guess so.” Twi sighed, defeated.

“AAAAAHHHHHH” I heard someone scream and it startled me. I turn around to see a light blue pony, with a dark pink mane with a light pink streak and yellow and pink apron, looking at me with fear. Then a yellow stallion, with orange mane and white cap and apron, ran out from the back to stare at me like the light blue pony.

“Um…hello.” I said with a weak smile, waiting for them to call me a monster. Before they could say anything Pinkie interrupted.

“Hi Mr. and Mrs. Cake! This here is my new friend, Daniel. He's the one who saved Applejack from the manticore.” She turned to look at me, “This is Mr. and Mrs. Cake. They are my parent’s friends and allow me to stay here. They made the cupcakes.”

My eyes widened. “You made these…,” I pointed to my box of cupcakes, “…these delicious cupcakes?”

“That we did.” Said Mr. Cake with a weak smile. He was still a little unsure of me. I was about to reply but then there came some crying coming from upstairs.

“Oh the twins!” Said Mrs. Cake and they both went upstairs. As they left the main door opened to reveal the CMC, but now they are covered in black ash and their hair was in a mess.

“My heavens girls, what on earth were you doing?” Rarity asked.

“We were trying to get our cutie marks by being pyrotechnics.” Answered her sister.

“But you could say,” said Scootaloo before pausing and putting on sunglasses, “it backfired.” Then a white jacked up pegasus, with small wings and a yellow buzz cut mane, came out of nowhere.

“YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!” it yelled shortly before leaving.The fuck was that?

“Um….ok. Anyways, you girls need to wash up. Sweetie Belle, go take your friends back to the boutique and wash up.” Rarity commanded.

“Fine.” They said sadly in unison and left.

“What’s a cutie mark?” I asked.

“Well, a cutie mark represents the special talent some pony has. Cutie marks are obtained when ponies discover a unique characteristic that sets themselves apart from others.” Twilight answered.

“So everypony gets one?”

“Yep”

“How did you girls get yours?”

“Well I was in Canterlot…”

________________________________________

“So you girls had a special connection before you’ve ever met each other.” I said upon hearing the end of the story.

“Yeah!” they all said in unison.

Rarity looked at the clock. “Oh my, look at the time! It's almost five. I must go back to the boutique and finish your suit. Tata.” She waved as she left.

“Well I guess we should go back to the library.” Twilight said. The other girls and I nodded in agreement, got up, and left. This time as we walked through town there were fewer ponies out and about. Still, the ones who were out stared and made me uncomfortable. After a few minutes we arrived at the library.

“Hey girls, do you have guitars here?”

“Actually I have one myself.” She continued talking as she went upstairs, “My parents got it for me for my birthday about two years ago, though I never really learned how to play it, I keep it around to remember how much my parents love me.” She came back downstairs, “Please be careful with it. These are hard to come by.”

“Why?”

“Mostly only unicorns can play it because they have to use their magic to use the strings. Sometimes earth and pegasus ponies can also play it, but it's much harder for them to do so.” She handed me a black case. I open it to reveal a classic guitar, but only half the size of a regular one. It was more of a ukulele if you ask me. “Is there something wrong with it?” Twilight asked upon noticing my expression.

“No, nothing’s wrong. It’s just smaller than on my world.” I picked it up and starting to play a few notes. It sounded exactly like a ukulele.

“You… know how to play?” asked Fluttershy.

“Yeah, the guitar is something me and my dad really bonded to.” I tuned the guitar to my likeing, closed my eyes, and played the first song that came to mind(here) (AN: I do not own this music)

Ooooo Oooooo Ohoohohoo
Ooooo Ohooohoo Oooohoo
Ooooo Ohoohooo Oohoooo
Oohooo Oohoooho Ooooho
Ooooo Oooooo Oooooo
Ooooo Oooooo Oooooo

Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Way Up High
And The Dreams That You Dreamed Of
Once In A Lullaby Ii Ii Iii
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Blue Birds Fly
And The Dreams That You Dreamed Of
Dreams Really Do Come True Ooh Ooooh
Someday I'll Wish Upon A Star
Wake Up Where The Clouds Are Far Behind Me Ee Ee Eeh
Where Trouble Melts Like Lemon Drops
High Above The Chimney Tops That's Where You'll Find Me Oh
Somewhere Over The Rainbow Bluebirds Fly
And The Dream That You Dare To, Why, Oh Why Can't I? I Iiii

Someday I'll Wish Upon A Star,
Wake Up Where The Clouds Are Far Behind Me
Where Trouble Melts Like Lemon Drops
High Above The Chimney Top That's Where You'll Find Me
Oh, Somewhere Over The Rainbow Way Up High
And The Dream That You Dare To, Why, Oh Why Can't I? I Hiii?

Ooooo Oooooo Oooooo
Ooooo Oooooo Oooooo
Ooooo Oooooo Oooooo
Ooooo Oooooo Oooooo
Ooooo Oooooo Oooooo
Ooooo Oooooo Oooooo


As I finished I opened my eyes to see the girls staring at me. “I'm sorry” I apologized “I haven’t played in a while.”

“That…that was beautiful.” Rainbow said.

“Really?”

“Yeah! Do you perform on stage?”

“Oh no, I just like to sing to myself every once in a while. I'm not the type of guy who goes up on stage. It just isn’t me.”

“Oh, so you're a fraidy cat?” She said like it was a challenge.

“Yep!” I said with a smile. People have tried harder to get me on stage. “So I guess it might be boring living in a small town.” I said, trying to change the subject. All the girls looked at me and laughed.

“As if Sugarcube. We’ve been through so many adventures together it would drive a normal pony mad.” AJ said with a chuckle.

“Really? Like what?” They told me tales of their adventures from parasprites to the Gala and Twilight going bat shit crazy to Flutterbitch. Most of the tales I laughed at while thinking to myself that this would be a great little girls show. When they finished Rainbow spoke up.

“And between all these adventures there were Pinkie’s parties.” The girls laughed again.

Pinkie said, “Yep! I do love par-“Pinkie stopped herself and her hair deflated like a balloon, becoming very straight. It kind of shocked me, but then I remembered Twilight telling me not to question Pinkie. “Oh no, we don’t have time for you party.” She sadly said “I'm a bad pony.”

“No you're not. “ I assured her. “You are a great pony. In fact, all of you are great ponies. In all my life I have never met anyone on my world who gave me this kind of kindness right off the bat. Besides, you still have all the party energy in you. So when we have a party it will be the best ever, right?”

Pinkie’s hair re-inflated. “Oh, you bet. We are gonna have the biggest party ever!”

“Great!”

“Well, it’s 7:30. Ah guess it's time ta head back to the farm.” AJ suggested.

“Yeah, I'm getting a little tired myself.” I replied.

“Daniel, AJ, the train to Canterlot leaves at nine tomorrow morning.” Twilight told us.

AJ and I left after I said my thank yous and good byes. We walked down a dirt trail to wherever Applejack lived. “Hey Applejack, you said you work on a farm, right?”

“Eeyep. Ah live there with my little sister, Applebloom, my big brother, Big Macintosh, and my grandma, Granny Smith.” I wonder what happened to her parents. I decided now would probably not be the time to ask such a question.

“So what do you grow?”

She gave me a weird look. “Ah wonder.”

I thought for a second and then face-palmed myself. “I'm an idiot.”

“Ah wouldn’t say it like that.” she chuckled.

We walked over the hill to see a house with a light on. It was very dark so we couldn’t see anything around it. I see the door open from the house to reveal a small pony.

“Applejack! Hurry up! We’re hungry!” Applebloom yelled.

“We’re coming! Did a set another plate on the table like Ah asked!?” AJ yelled back.

“Eeyep!” We got close enough to the house to see Applebloom’s face.

“Hey Applebloom.” I greeted her.

“Howdy Daniel. Sorry again for what we did with you and the net.”

“Whatchu do?” AJ asked looking sternly at Applebloom.

“Nothin’!” Applebloom and I said in unison, knowing she would be in trouble. AJ gave us a doubtful look.

“Come on everypony! Soups on!” yelled an old voice from the house. We walked in to see an ‘experienced’ green pony with a white mane. “My my. Applejack said it was a weird creature that saved her, but Ah never thought it would look like you sonny”

“Beautiful?” I said jokingly and everybod…er…pony laughed.

“Well thank you for saving Applejack here.” After she said that a huge red stallion with an orange mane walked in. Damn that’s one huge pony.

“I'm guessing you're Big Macintosh?” I asked.

“Eeyep.” He said with a deep country voice.

“Pleasure to meet you, I'm Daniel.” I shook his hoof. He nodded like it was a pleasure to meet me too. We sat down and ate dinner. Everything there was to eat was apple or apple flavor. Still, it was better than any other apple thing I ate back on earth. After we were finished eating I commented on the food. “Well you ponies sure know how to cook up good apples.”

“Well we better.” Granny chuckled. “Ah’ve been cookin’ with apples since Ah was a small filly.”

“It was mighty delicious.” Damn, I'm starting to talk like them. “What time is it?”

“Nine. Ah think we should hit the hay. We got ta wake up early tomorrow ta catch the train.” AJ answered. We got up and headed outside to the barn. I walked in to see that the inside was like any normal barn back on earth. Good thing that there are no animals in here. There was a bed of hay in the middle. I thanked AJ and she told me that she’d wake me up tomorrow morning and left.

A few minutes after AJ left, somepony knocked on the barn door. I was making myself familiar with the barn when I went over and opened it. Big Macintosh was at the door. Even though this horse is only chest high to me, he intimidates the hell out of me! “You need something Big Macintosh?” I asked. Next thing I knew he was on his two hind legs and put his forehoofs around my necked. He was hugging me.

“Thank you for saving Applejack.” He whispered. I hugged him back.

“Anytime.” I whispered back. We disengaged from the hug and we gave each other a head nod as we both went back to bed. “Ponies…” I chuckled to myself before going to sleep.


AN:if you dont like the guitar part dont worry there wont be much of that if any
AN2: again i would like to thank Bronymaster's lazy ass. without him this would look like your mom