• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 2,511 Views, 23 Comments

Rewrite: Your Little Adventure - My Only Weakness



[Second Person] This is a rewrite of my original story Your Little adventure

  • ...
9
 23
 2,511

Another Painful Day

Opening your eyes slowly you feel a slight pain in your head. Sitting up you look around to see that you’re in your living room and laying on your sofa.

“Gah, what happened last night?” You say to yourself as your swing your legs over so that they’re hanging over the front of the couch.

As you turn your body to you see a bottle of whisky on the table in front of you and it all comes back to you. You got drunk last night with Eva and Winter Heart. Chuckling you sit up from the sofa, whilst holding you head in pain, and walk over to the kitchen and grab an empty and filling it up with water. As you walk back to the sofa the handle of the door of you bedroom starts to shake. Once it was fully pulled down it swung open and two mares start to stumble out.

“Good morning” you greet them

They weren’t looking the best, both of their manes and fur were a complete mess. As they walk past you Eva grabs the glass from your hoof and drinks it all in one gulp.

“Thanks” she says as she gives it back to you and then trots over to the sofa and flops down onto it.

Winter Heart stops in front of you and looks up at you with her tired purple eyes and asks “can I have one too?”

Nodding you walk back to the kitchen and grab another clean glass and fill that one up with water as well. Once it was full you trot back over to her and place the glass in her hoof. She smiles at you and takes a couple of sips and walks over to the sofa as well.

When you finally pour a glass of water for yourself you trot over to the two girls to see them both sitting down with their head in there hooves.

“So how are you girls feeling?” You chuckle, already knowing the answer while sitting on the coffee table.

“Like death” Eva mumbles

“Why did we drink so much?” Winter said with tons of regret in her voice

“Because we’re stupid” Eva answers Winter Hearts question as she lifts her head up. She then looks at you and asks “Why aren’t you in any pain?”

“Because I didn’t drink as much as you did” you reply to her “you guy went all out last night”

“I regret it so much. I’m in so much pain!” The white pegasus cries out while trying to smooth her head.

“I have so pain killers, not really sure it will help though,” you say to them

“It’s worth a shot,” Eva says while slumping back into the sofa

Sitting up from the table to trot back to the kitchen yet again and open one of the cupboard. Looking up and down you spot the painkiller and reach out for them. When you grab them you close the cupboard door and walk back to the hungover mares. You open the bottle of painkillers and shake it so three pills fall out on to your hoof, you thought I’d be a good idea for you to take one as well. Handing one pill to each of the girls you watch as they swallow them with water.

“Any better?” You ask, then place the pill in your mouth and swallow it whilst taking a sip.

“Nope!” Eva said putting her head on her hooves again

“Looks like time is the only thing that’s gonna help you guys now”, to which they groan at you “And we need get you both home so you can get some rest”, groaning again they slowly sit up from the couch and follow you to the front door. Once they step outside the two mares cover their eyes a hiss.

Confused you shut the door behind you and see that they’re covering them self from the glare of the sun. You chuckle at the display and say “Geez, are you guys vampires now?”

“Argg it’s too bright!” Eva screams while turning away from the ball of gas in the sky.

Rolling your eyes you pat both of them on the back and said: “Come on, let’s get going”.

Walking down the dirt path you lead the two hungover mares to each their house. You manage to keep them from stumbling into other ponies as you walk by then. With direction from Winter Heart, you trot to a small two-story house, which looks more like an apartment.

“You both live here?” You ask

“Yeah, I live in the bottom floor while Winter lives on the top,” Eva says while walking to the front door.

Winter Heart then turns around to look at you. She then starts to clean closer to you and suddenly you feel warm presents on your face. Shocked, you see the white pegasus presses her lips against your cheek, causing you to blush like mad. When she pulls her lips away, you notice she’s blushing as much as you are, she says “T-Thanks for walking us home”

To stunned to reply to her you hear Eva shout from inside “Yeah! Thanks!”, then followed by “Owww! That was a mistake”

Chuckling at Eva expense you finally say to Winter “W-Well thanks for cheering me up last night”, who nods and turns back around to “Make sure you both get some rest”, she smiles back at you and walking to there home and closes the door behind her.

Sighing with the relief you spread your wings and fly into the sky all the way back to your house. Once you land at the front door you reach for the handle and pull the door open. When you walk inside you instantly trot towards the bathroom to have a relaxing shower.

Turning the shower on you wait for the water to get it to the right temperature and step inside. The water runs down your face and body, cleaning and relaxing you all at the same time. Grabbing the nearby shower gel you squirt a little onto the hoof and start to up and down your body, getting the smell of alcohol out of your fur. Once all the gel was washed off, you stand under the water for a little longer before grabbing the shampoo and conditioner. You apply those to your mane and wash them out.

Once you’ve finished your shower you turn it off and step out and grab the towel to dry yourself. Rubbing the cloth over your body until you were completely dry you place the towel on your head and start to dry off your mane. When you finished with your mane you look into the mirror to see that you’ve made it into a right mess. Grabbing a comb you start to brush your mane to the usual way you style it.

Finishing with your shower you trot back to your leaving from and fall back onto the couch. Sighing with comfort you start to look up at the ceiling and get lost in your own thought. But one thought suddenly came to mind… where you supposed to be somewhere today?

Then suddenly you remembered. You need to be at the park to practice! You quickly shot up from the sofa and ran to the door, opening it and closing it behind you. Making sure you’ve locked your house you spread your wings once again and shoot off towards the park.

“I hope Rainbow isn’t too mad,” You think yourself as you quickly make your way to the race track. As your flying, you managed to spot your three teammates, all stretching and breathing heavy as they’ve already been training. Pushing your wings faster you managed to reach them quickly.

As your rushing over to them, Cloudchaser spots you in the sky and shouts “There you are! I was starting to think you weren’t going to show up!”

You land next to Rainbow Dash and start to apologize “I’m so sorry I’m late! I had to walk Eva and Winter Heart home and completely forgot about training this morning! I’m really sorry!”

Rainbow Dash turns towards you. The look on her face shows that she is clearly annoyed with you for forgetting. But her lips soon turn into a smile as she says “It’s alright, Star. I understand you had an eventful night”, you look at her stunned, you were curtain that she was going to flip out “But don’t let it happen again, okay?”, instead of questioning why she’s not angry with you, you just simply nod and smile

“WHAT THE HELL!!” The dark grey pegasus shouts, catching you all off guard “He’s an hour and a half late! If it was me you would off bitten my head off!”

Rolling her eyes Dash responds to him “So what Thunderlane? Star had a valid excuse for why he was late”

Before Thunderlane was about to respond, you cut him off by saying “Guys come on, let’s not have a repeat of yesterday huh?”, you chuckle as you wrap your arms around there shoulders and bring them into a huddle. Dash lets out a slight giggle, while Thunderlane just rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

When you let go of the two ponies Cloudchaser walks over and stand next to you. She then asks “What are we doing next?”

“What have you guys done already?” You say to the rainbow-maned pegasus

“We’ve just been doing some warm-up laps” Dash answered

“Okay, so how about we do a little practice of the wing trick?”

“Sounds good!” Dash says happily, she’s clearly taken a liking to the wing technique

“And what will we do after that?” Asks Thunderlane, crossing his arms

“I was thinking maybe we should practice relaying, because of what happened yesterday we didn’t get a chance to do it if that’s cool with you guys” you explained

“Sure thing, coach!” Cloudchaser said happily

“Coach? Really?” You question and tilting your head

“You are the most expected in racing, so it makes sense if we just follow what you say” Rainbow Dash chimes in “Plus we’ve been following your training regime anyway, so you might as well be the coach”

“Well… alright then” you say to them. Clapping your hooves together you then clear your throat and turn away from your team. You begin a speech like, what you think, a coach would give “So team! Let see how well you’ve gotten the hang of the trick! I hope you’ve all been practicing in your free time! And if you haven’t then we’re going to have a problem on our hooves! And that-”

You were suddenly cut off by the sound of snorts and giggles from behind you. When you turn around to confront them you can see that they’re all trying very hard to contain themselves

“Something funny?” You ask, unamused

All three of them, with their mouths closed, trying to hold back there giggles, shake their heads ‘no’. With a ‘Hmph’ you continue with your speech.

“AS I was saying!” You glare at them, which only makes them struggle to hold back even harder, “We’re going to have a serious problem if you guys haven’t been practicing on technique on your free time!”, you then start to pace back a fourth “Because if we REALLY want to win this race then I say we kick our butts into high gear!”, you stop pacing for a moment turn and have your back to them again “So I don’t want to hear any whining! Any crying! Or any-“

You were cut off once again when you’re team suddenly burst into laughter. Turning around yet again you see that they’ve fallen to the floor clutching their stomachs as they let loose a barrel of laughs. Confused by this you keep asking “What? WHAT?!” but you get no replies, apart from mocking laughter. Rolling your eyes you sit down on the grass and cross your arms a patiently wait for them to finish.

After a long time, they all finally calm down and get back into their hooves. As they catch their breath Dash whips away a tear from her eyes and say “Sorry, Star. But you trying to be an intimidating coach just doesn’t work for you”

“Yeah, dude” Thunderlane agree with her, then getting one last chuckle out “You couldn’t be any less intimidating if you tried”

Confused was the look you had on your face. You’ve been intimidating before… right?

Still giggling, Cloudchaser then walks up to you and says “You’re just too cute to intimidate anyone, StarGazer”, she then pinches your cheek like you were a little colt.

You push her hoof away from your cheek and shoot them a glare of annoyance, this wasn’t the feedback you were hoping for when you first started you coach speech.

Rainbow Dash extends her wings and hovers over to you so that you’re looking up at her. She then ruffles your mane while saying “So just stick to your normal, adorable, self. Okay?”

Moving your head away from her hoof you start to think of a way to come back from this. Scanning your brain for a response to them, you manage to think of a fairly good one to maybe embrace Dash a little bit.

Smirking you look back up at the Rainbow Pegasus and say “So you think I’m adorable huh?”

Dash’s smile soon fades into a slight blush “W-Well adorable I-in the sense of-“ she starts to stumble on her words looking an excuse to try and win this battle of words. “I-in the sense that you’ve got a good personality” she then ends her statement with a little chuckle.

“Uh-huh, sure,” you say in a mocking tone

“That is what I meant!” Dash said as she decided down to the grown to be eye level with you.

“Okay, Whatever you say”, to which she rolls her eyes at you and shakes her head, but you can still see that she’s still blushing slightly. Then turning to Cloudchaser you ask “and you think I’m cute, do ya?”, hoping that she’ll have the same reaction as Dash

But instead, she answers with a “Yup!”, which surprises you instead, she then pinches your cheek again and said in a voice like she was talking to a foal “You’re just a wittle cutie pie”

Again too stunned to respond you just sit there as she continues to pinch your cheek. Those this pegasus actually thinks your cute? Nah.. she got to be messing with you! She saw the way that Dash acted and knew you’d do the same thing to her. Finally shaping out of your thought, you push Cloudchaser hoof away from your cheek and smile at her and say “Well… thanks for the compliment I guess”

“You’re welcome, hot stuff” she replies to you with a wink

“OKAY SERIOUSLY?!” Thunderlane shouts again “We are wasting a lot of time right now!” He continues, with a hint of annoyance in his voice

“Ahhh crap, he right!” Dash perks up “We really need to stop getting distracted!”

“Alright! Alright!” You say in a rush “Let’s now let's go started!”

You all trot over to the starting line to begin training, you tell everyone to go to the starting position that they are assigned to. Sticking to Rainbow Dash's plan, you will start off and tag Cloudchaser, who will tag Thunderlane and he’ll tag Rainbow Dash who will finish off the race.

After hours and hours of practicing with your team your wings are aching like mad and boy were you tired, all you wanted to do now was go home and get some rest. Once you’ve said your goodbyes to everyone you turn around to walk back home, and maybe grab some stuff on the way back when you were suddenly stopped when a voice called out to you.

“StarGazer! Wait up!”

Turning back around you see Thunderlane trotting over to you

“What’s up?” You ask him as he stops in front of you

“I need to ask you something”

“Go for it”

“Could you do me a favor”, you nod slightly as he asked, “Could you not flirt with Cloudchaser?”

Err.. what did he just ask you? Stop flirting with Cloudchaser? You haven’t been flirting with her in the slightest, all you’ve ever done is talk to her like you’d talk to any other pony.

You look at him with confusion and say “Excuse me?”

“Listen…” he stops for a moment and looks around to see if anyone is listening, once he’s done he look back at you and continues “I have a bit of a crush on Cloudchaser… and I really want her to like me back… so if you do anything to mess that up, things won’t be cool between you and me”

“Thunderlane, you have the wrong idea my friend” you pause for a moment because you think you were able to hear him say ‘I’m not your friend’ under his breath, shrugging it off you say “I’m not flirting with her so you have nothing to worry about”

“Yeah, I better not have to worry about anything. Because if I catch you flirting with her in the slightest … you’re gonna be in deep trouble” He said angrily while getting closer to your face

Shocked and confused you take a step back from him, so he isn’t so close to you
“I’m sorry but… are you seriously threatening me right now?”

“You can take it as a threat if you want. But just know things won’t end well for you” He says with a smirk. And before you could respond to him he then said “See ya” before extending his wings a flying away, leaving you behind all confused about what just happened.

Once you snap out of your thought you notice your rainbow maned teammate flying up to the sky and landing on a cloud. Now, this seems odd to you, she could get in some serious trouble if she’s on there for too long, and being a captain for the weather team who knows what could happen. Thinking it would be for the best for the weather team to continue working you would go up there a tell Dash to get off the white fully cloud.

Flapping your wings you fly up to her. As you get closer you notice that she’s getting herself comfortable, almost like she getting ready for a nap… that was definitely something the weather team would not be happy about.

Once you reach her you call out “Dash!”, which makes her jump, clearly not noticing you making your way to her

She looks over at you, unimpressed and shouts back at you “Don’t sneak up on me like that!”

“Oh, sorry” you apologize, smirking and starching your neck with a chuckle

“What do you want? You’re interrupting my nap” she asks, as she lays down on the cloud

“Well, that’s what I’m here for. You can’t be sleeping on the cloud while the weather team is out on shift”

Dashes annoyed face then tunes into a confused one. She tilts her head to the side and asks “Are you be serious right now Star?”

“Yeah, I am! I got in trouble once for standing on a cloud for less than a minute back at Fillydelphia!” You start “And you, being a captain, who knows what would happen to you if they see you napping in one!”

Her expression changed again, from confused to a smirk. Her smirk then turns into a giggle when she says “Star, there are some things you need to know while you’re living here” she then giggles into her hoof again and continues saying “You’re allowed to sit on clouds here in Ponyville. No consequences or anything”

“Really?” You ask “I was also told I could never go on clouds anywhere when I was a young colt” You continue as you float down onto the white fully mass, you hesitate for a second before you land and then remembered Dash said that you wouldn’t get in trouble for it.

“So you’ve never slept on a cloud before?” Dash questions and you respond with a shake of your head “You’re a Pegasus and you’ve never once stayed on a cloud your whole life?”

You confirmed again with a nod and add “Because my dad works for the weather team back home, and he always told me I’m not allowed to even stand on a cloud anywhere in Equestria” you carry on while sitting down “Plus my Mum never wanted me to go up on clouds anyway because they were too high. She thought I might fall off or something”, you end your explanation to Dash with a chuckle as you remember the exact words she said to you.

“Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever met a pegasus who’s never even stood on a cloud for more than a minute,” The rainbow maned mare says as she looks up at you and giggles again

“I can definitely see what I’ve been missing out on. These things are soft and comfortable.” You said as you started kneading the cloud like a cat does when it wants to get comfortable “I’m so gonna have to tell Dark Flair about this next time I write a letter home”, hearing Dash giggle again you look at her with a smirk.

“Once you sleep on a cloud you’d never want to go back to a normal bed,” Dash said as she rested her head on her hoof.

“These things that good of a bed huh?”

“Of course they are!” Dash, almost, shouted “I have a cloud bed in my house and I could just say in it for days” She continued and then rolled onto her back and look up into the sky

Starting to knead the cloud again with your hooves you just can’t get used to how soft it really is! Yes, you’ve been on clouds before, and your job is all about clouds, but you never got the chance to appreciate how soft they really are, they just felt like soft marshmallows wrapped in kitten fur and freshly sheared sheep's wool.

Rainbow Dash turns her head back to look over at you as your kneading the white mass and sees the look of wonder on your face. Giggling again she rolls over back into her tummy and pats the cloud, grabbing your attention, then says “Well don’t just sit there, lay down” She invites you, then patting the cloud again.

Slowly lowering yourself to the white fully ball your eyes widen as the unexpected warmth of the cloud covers your underbelly and then shoots through your whole body. Once you’re fully laying on the cloud the feeling of pure comfort overwhelmed you and nothing but a relaxing sigh escapes your mouth.

“Comfy isn’t it?!” Dash asked you, raising an eyebrow and smirking

“Mmm-hmm” Are the only words that come out of your mouth before you roll onto your side “I can see why you nap on these things”. Suddenly your eyes widen when remembered what she said earlier about you interrupting her nap. Feeling a wash if guilt flow over you, you roll back onto your stomach and apologize to her “I just realized I’m interrupting your nap! I’m so sorry, I’ll let you get back to it”

But before you could get back up to extend your wings to fly off home, Rainbow Dash stopped you by saying “It’s okay, Star. I don’t mind” She then smiled at then and continued “Since you’re helping me get faster with this training, I’ll let you off”

Look back at her, you smirk and tease her by saying “You’ve been very nice to me today”

Her smiles disappear and is replaced with a frown “What is that supposed to mean? I’m always nice!”

“Yeah” you than mutter “Usually” under your breath, but you have a feeling that she might have heard you “But you’ve been nice in the way that you weren’t mad at me for being an hour late.”

“an hour and A HALF late” Dash corrects you

“You then compliment me by calling me adorable”, you smirk at her again and you can see a slight blush on her face “And now you’re not mad at me for interrupting your sleep. Who are you and what have you done with Rainbow Dash?”

She rolls her eyes at you and says sarcastically “haha, you’re very funny”

“I know, I’m hilarious!” You say pridefully, teasing her more

“You’re an idiot is what you are!” She shouted, clearly getting annoyed with you

“There’s the real Rainbow Dash!” You joked as you crawled over to her because you didn’t feel like getting up. Even though she tried to hide it she was smiling at your silly display as you scooted closer to her. You then ask “Where have you been all day? I’ve been looking for ya’.”

“If you weren’t on my team I would throw you off this cloud” She grumbled, still trying to hide her smile.

“Pfft, Yeah right!” you cackled, you then sat back up onto the flank and stare down at Dash who was look back up at you “Like your strong enough to take down this Pegasus! I’m the alpha of our team!” You mocked, pounding your chest with your hoof.

You closed your eyes for a second as your beating your chest but the wind suddenly the wind gets knocked out of you and your back and head colliding with a soft surface. Opening your eyes from the brief pain you see Rainbow Dash on top of you with a confident smirk

“So who’s the alpha again?” She asked while getting closer to your face

“You're lucky you caught me off guard,” You say to her, unimpressed from her sneak attack “I’m still the alpha”

You go to sit up but you’re suddenly pushed back down again with Dash placing her hooves on your chest to pin you in place.

“Who’s the alpha?” She asked again

Quickly you grab her hooves and pull her to the left, causing her to let out a little yell of surprise. Using her momentum to your advantage you bring yourself with her as she falls. Once her back lands on the cloud you let go of her hooves and roll on top of her. Rainbow Dash looks up at you in surprise, to which you raise one eyebrow and shoot a cocky smirk. You lean in closer to her ear and whisper “I’m the alpha”

Once you pull away from her ear you look back down at her with another one of your signature smirks. But your smirk slowly fades away as you start to notice the look on Dash’s face. Her eyes were wide open and her pupils were a big as dinner plates and then another blush starts to appear on her cheeks. You were about to ask if she was okay… but you got lost in those red eyes of hers and can’t help but think how cute and beautiful she really is. As times goes on you still continue to be lost in her eyes as you notice the shade of red on her face gets darker and darker with each passing second.

Finally swallowing the lump in the throat you manage to spit out “A-are you okay?”

“Y-yeah I’m fine!” Dash said quickly, turning her head to the side trying not to make eye contact with you “J-Just get off me!” she continued, placing her hooves on your chest and shoving you.

You stumble back, as she pushed pretty hard, and manage to catch yourself from falling over. Watching as Dash gets back on to her hooves as well you both stand there in silence as she tried to hide her face from you.

“Are you sure you’re okay? I didn’t hurt you did I?” You question taking one step closer to her

“No, you didn’t hurt me at all...” She said, still refusing to look at you “B-Besides! I already said I’m fine! So why are you asking again anyway!”, she suddenly snapped at you, to which you took a step back

“Alright, alright!” You replied “I was just making sure”

“You should’ve done that anyway!!” The blue pegasus raised her voice at you. She finally turns her head back towards you and takes a small step toward you, causing you to take another step back “what if you could have hurt me! Then I maybe I wouldn’t be able to compete in the race!”

With every word she said she took steps closer to you and out of slight fear, you take steps back to keep a safe distance for her. But with each step, you, unknowing, get closer and closer to the edge of the cloud surface you both were standing on.

As she gets closer and closer to you your hind hoof comes into contact with nothing. Looking back your eyes widen as you realize that you were running low on cloud to stand you. As you begin to turn you become face to face with an angry Rainbow Dash, causing you to bump into her and suddenly losing your balance!

As one of your hind hooves, has nothing to step on, the force from you trying to keep your grip on the cloud causing that hoof to pull your down, letting out a yelp. Your reactions were too late for you to try and grab on to the edge of the white mass in the sky so you started to fall to the ground.

“STARGAZER!” Dash screamed as she looks over the edge of the cloud.

You were falling, and falling fast. You extend your wings to try and slow you down but since you were still in a small state of shock you extended them a little too late for you to have a smooth landing. As you begin to flap your wings and start to move diagonally, trying to reduce the speed of your fall. You stick out your front hooves and hope to maybe catch yourself when you hit the ground. As the grass and dirt of the field start getting closer you ready yourself and start to flap your wings harder and harder. Once your hooves come into contact with the ground you’re suddenly shot forward causing you to stumble across the grass until you lose your footing and fall to the ground, even making you slide a bit. Once your sliding came to a stop, you lay face down on the grass.

“Arg, Okay, that hurt” you mumble to yourself