• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,586 Views, 28 Comments

A Mirror Gate Adoptable - Ponyess



It's all about the orphanage, where babies are adopted. Foals adopted by humans, and kids adopted by ponies.

  • ...
17
 28
 1,586

A Home Coming Party: 6

”I know they gave you a name, at the Orphanage. I just think I'll call you 'Hitomi', from now on!” I told the fillie, as she had just sat down in her chair.

“Yes, they named me at the Orphanage, but I guess it wasn't all that personal. It's just a policy that all Fillies and Colts are to be named on arrival. Oceanic Chocolate, not a very exciting name for a Fillie, I think!” Hitomi expressed with some indignation on the end.

“Then I'll just call you Hitomi instead, and your past problems will never have to bother you again!” I responded.

“I have no idea what it means, but Hitomi sounds beautiful to me. I'm no longer an Orphan, so my problems will fade into the past!” she pointed out, with a small smile on her lips.

“You have a Name, a Home and a Family. We'll solve what ever comes our way together once we get wind of it. What ever it was like where you came from, here we help one another with things. Don't hesitate to ask me. Right now, we need to have a party. One way or the other, it will be a good time for the both of us. I don't know about you, but I know every kid I know of, love pastries like Muffins and Cup-Cakes!” I pondered.

“Yes, and all thanks to you. It is just so much to get used to, all of the sudden. I think I have a faint memory of Pastries, but we never were allowed to have them at the Orphanage. Not sure where!” Hitomi responded.

“They never had parties, right? On parties, you have these. Muffins and Cup-Cakes are great on parties. You will get to see for yourself. Fillies like you need to experience parties, every year, or you will never be a complete person. It is part of life, you see. If you never have a party, how could you possibly grow up into a proper mare?” I pointed out.

“We never had sweets, maybe that is why they never gave us pastries? Just as we never were allowed, permitted to actually have fun. Kind of like growing up on a Rock Farm, I guess!” she responded.

“Sweets and pastries are part of foalhood, I think. The same goes for fun, even if you are supposed to have some fun, even as you grow up, all the way through all ages. A Rock Farm, is that a joke, who would be farming rocks? Though there are a few things one would perform, before going on a party. The party is supposed to be fun and thus, you desire to look your best, are you not?” I exclaimed.

This sounds like my kind of a mum. I think I am going to love it here with you. You would like to hope so, but apparently they had, or still do have them, where I came from. You could make it into an expression, if you prefer? Looks wasn't important at the orphanage, just a mandatory hygiene, nothing more and nothing less. I guess that would make sense, even if I am a bit young for most of these things, right?” Hitomi enquired, curious and somewhat uncertain.

“That is exactly what I like to hear. I was hoping you would say that. I guess it could be an expression for a place where there is no room for anything that is fun? That sounds awful to me. Yeah, I guess you are a bit young, but you will have to consider it sooner or later. Maybe we could make it into a bit of fun in preparing for the first party together?” I responded.

“I hope you have baked the pastries yourself now. If not, we will simply have to bake some fresh once. I never had the chance to bake anything, even if they told me I was too young. I think that could be plenty of fun. If you have everything prepared? I just can't wait an entire day, just to wait for these things, if I don't have to? I rather wait a day,. If it means you can fix everything just right!” she put forth.

“I think we could be baking some pastries on a weekly basis, if you like to. I do have a small selection, with a few different flavours, just for the two of us. I didn't know which berries or flavours you would prefer. I will take you out on a shopping spree, from time to time as well, in case you enjoy it. Want you to enjoy yourself, as well as being an active part of my life, giving you a chance to develop your taste. For now, we'll start up with just the minimum requirements to make it our first party!” I stated.

“You sure are the best mum a little fillie could ever have. Parties, pastries, baking, and even shopping? I think I will love it here. I know I am old enough to enjoy both the pastries and the shopping. Baking, parties and the other things you suggested sounds like only too much fun!” she squealed in happiness.

“Off to the bathroom, then. After that, I will help you with the rest. If you did not need clothes at the orphanage, I guess it can wait until tomorrow?” I put forth.

“They never afforded us fillies anything more than the bare minimum, clothes were never included. I think I still could enjoy finding something pretty in the shop, if you help me?” she pondered, as I lead her to the room.

“If you need anything, or don't know how, I will come help you momentarily. I'll just prepare a few things for you, while you take care of the hygiene. I hope they taught you that!” I put forth.

As the hot water filled up in the tub, she picked up her soap, placed it by the side of the tub and in general, rummaged around in the small room.

Both floor and walls are covered in white tiles, shiny and slippery. The tub is to the right, behind it the shower. There is a wardrobe filled of brightly coloured towels in the beautifully crafted wardrobe. It had been made out of red cherry wood panels and treated to be water-resistant, naturally. There is also the utilities for a mare or woman to handle her other needs. Although Hitomi is a bit shorter, but she should manage to use the facilities, if she needs to.

Once the tub had filled up enough, she soon slipped down, enjoying the immersion in the hot water, just feeling the dirt dissolving in the water. She would stay in the tub for a good while, just not too long.

As the water had started to cool off, she pulled the plug, seeing the water slowly pour out as she climbed out. From there she walked to the shower. Carrying with here only the soap she had picked up. Thankfully, the shower did not have to be filled up, the water would just flow down her body, though she may have to adjust the heat for her comfort.

I could hear the water as she stood in the shower, the remainder of the dirt flowing off of her, while she enjoyed the shower. Just stopping the water for a few minutes as she used the soap, lathering herself, seeing the white foam covering her healthily. She giggles at the silly in her situation. Then she washed herself off, before picking a large pink towel and drying herself off.

As she came out, I had prepared everything for her. In her age, I figured a clear hoof polish and eye shadow would be just right. I had not known what colour she would have, before I entered he orphanage, anyway. I could pick out what colours would suit her, when I take her out for a shopping spree, until then, the clear would have to make due.

I had put a small desk in the middle of the small room, then a comfortable chair on both sides of the desk. Both polish and eye shadow is on the desk, for my convenience.

“Oh, there you are, the bath was enjoyable? You are all cleaned up, I take it?” I put forth.

“Sure did feel good. I am as clean as I ever will get!” she responded.

“Then have a seat, so I can give you your first taste of the treat. Make-up or Hooficure first?” I enquired, though I had intended to start with the Make-up.

“Sure!” she responded and sat down in the first chair before her as I picked the other.

“Just lean back and close your eyes. I'll give you a mirror so you can see the result, when I am done!” I explained.

“Sounds comfortable!” she put forth, as she leaned back in her chair.

“It is, just like it is supposed to. Though you will learn to do this yourself, one day. You wouldn't like to relay on mum your entire life, you know!” I pointed out, then uncapping the shadow.

From there I slowly started to apply the clear gel. From the inner corner of the right eye, outwards. Slowly and carefully. First covering the eyelid, then upwards to the eyebrow.

Moving over to the other eye, moving from the inside and out. Then I started over on the lower eyelid, from the inside and out. Finishing off with the right eye, on the lower lid.

I waited for about a minute, allowing the gel time.

“There, you can open your eyes now!” I pointed out, holding up the mirror before her.

“Shiny. I guess it wasn't all that bad. Are you sure this wouldn't smear?” she enquired.

“I chose clear, since I had no idea what colour would match your eyes, before I picked you up. No, it will not smear. I can wash it off, after the party, if you like!” I pointed out.

“Mismatching colours could be awful. If it wouldn't smear, I think it can stay, at least over the day. If you don't mind!” she pondered.

“Just place your forehooves on the desk. Then I can start with the Hooficure!” I said.

“Then you don't mind?” she enquired, as she placed her hooves on the desk as I had told her.

“Ofhorse not. No point in taking it off before you go to bed. Though some do prefer to take it off before going to bed!” I stated.

I had capped the shadow, now uncapping the hoof polish. I slowly painted the right forehoof, from the top and middle, then continuing outwards, left and right until I got to the edge of the hoof on the back. From there I repeated the process on her left hoof.

While I polished the left hoof, the polish cured, so I could continue with the next phase of the process. I capped the polish, before I uncapped the hoof gel, now I started from the middle of the hoof, from the upper rim down, outwards left and right. Only this time I continued to cover the hoof, under from the back. Repeating the process outwards. Only to repeat the entire process with her left hoof.

The polish is mainly clear, shiny, but would also harden her hooves, while the gel, just as clear and shiny was making the soft and elastic. I just had to repeat the process of polishing her forehooves with the polish over the top of the gel.

“How does that look? Feels good?” I enquired.

“Shiny, but they feel softer and more elastic?” she responded.

“Good?” I enquired.

“Sure!” she assured me.

“Then you don't mind me doing the same to your hind hooves?” I enquired, making sure she knew what I was doing and did not mind.

“Please do!” she responded, sounding sure of herself.

Once I had gotten around to it, the hooficure is just the same, forehooves or hind hooves. They are hooves, even if the hind hooves are slightly larger and longer than the forehooves.

I gave the final polish a minute or five in order to cure securely.

“There, all done!” I announced.

“Wow, it looks fabulous!” she responded.

“Good, then our little party will be all the more fun for the both of us!” I told her.

“Yeah, it will!” she responded.

“Put your hooves down on the floor, test the feel? We can't stay in here forever, you know!” I pointed out.

“Yeah, you're right!” she pointed out, before she slipped down onto the floor, slowly trotting out of the room, only to realise I had added a measure of bounce to her steps.

“Oh, that feels funny!” she put forth.

“You will get used to it soon, I am sure. It is good for both your hooves and the floor!” I suggested.

“I don't know about the floor, but I guess I could get used to it. If you say it is good for my hooves, then I am happy!” she responded.