• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,587 Views, 28 Comments

A Mirror Gate Adoptable - Ponyess



It's all about the orphanage, where babies are adopted. Foals adopted by humans, and kids adopted by ponies.

  • ...
17
 28
 1,587

My New Home: 5

So many things I never had thought of. Things that had no meaning, until now as I'm here. I had merely wished for a home and a family to belong to. Now I have both.

Apparently my adoptive mother had a large home, a farm on the countryside. I guess that's great for any Pony, including an Equus Pony like myself. I just never thought of myself as different, aside from the fact that I had no family I belong to. That had been bad enough at the time.

The fact that my flank is blank never really bothered me, why should it? All the fillies at my section of the Orphanage are blank flanked. Maybe we're all the fillies of Equestria, who were homeless. Only now, I'm no longer part of the group, which brought up entirely new questions.

I never did learn to read and Wright, because I wasn't old enough to go to the school. I had enjoyed playing with the other fillies, that was all there was to my life, back then.

I speak fairly good for a filly my age, but since I'm a filly, I had never gotten all that far, in part because I never went to school. I would have started school, in about two or three years, if I had remained where I were. Now I live with my mother.

As a Pony, it is natural to move on all fours. She had led me up to my room on the second floor. I had found a large bed, a night stand, a wardrobe and a desk. Just regular furniture and nothing special at all. I have a reading lamp over my bed, another at the desk, and a main light in the ceiling. I guess this is how people live, where she is living.

Right now, the room feels rather large, and I had no idea why I need a wardrobe or a desk, but I guess she may explain these things for me later. I found two possible reasons for the size of the room, either it is just how they build rooms, or it is because I was to stay here for a long time, and the room wouldn't feel quite as large in a few years. Ponies like me would grow up and get larger than I'm now. I guess I chose this reason, because it made me feel good. She wanted me to stay with her.

Maybe the fact that I have one wardrobe and one desk mean it is my room, I'm not to share it with anyone. Maybe I could store my toys and other belongings in the wardrobe, so that they wouldn't clutter the floor?

Then I noticed the door slide out of the way for me, each and every time I wanted to leave the room, or enter. I can easily move in and out of the room.

As I ventured out of my room, I saw there are several rooms, including the fillies' and girls' rooms. The rest of the rooms seems to be bed rooms. Looking closer, there is a difference between the door to my room, the fillies room, and most of the other doors. The doors to the rooms I'm expected to enter slide aside easily for me, the others aren't even sliding doors.

Now I had to see the Fillies' room. Behind the door, everything is shiny as if polished. To the right, I can wash my hooves, to the left, is what was to pass for the toilet. Further in I found my shower. There are glass walls preventing the warm water from filling the entire room. Looking closer, I can even control the water myself, so I can shower on my own.

As I got out of the Fillies' room, I realised it had been warmer in there than it is outside, I guess that's good. I don't like to freeze when I'm having my shower or anything. Just the same, it is even colder in my bed room, but I'm supposed to sleep there at night, so that made sense too.

First now I noticed the glass doors. Behind them, I could see a large space, not quite a room, but more like a balcony by the looks of it. As I opened the right door and walked out, I can see just how large the space is. On the other side is another set of glass doors. To the right and left I see a fence, maybe three feet high. On the south side plants are hanging from the top of the fence.

As I had gotten out on the balcony, I feel the wooden floor under my hooves. I never has seen this red cherry wood, used to cover the floor. Then I noticed the wood shimmer, as it had been covered with clear plastic, most likely in order to make them resist the water from rain.

Even back home, the rain would fall all over the place, it couldn't miss delicate objects standing outside, just because you desired it to. I guess not even the best Pegasi could make that good control of the clouds. Maybe they didn't even have Pegasi where my mother lives.

I had enjoyed the sunshine, but after a while I was more interested in exploring the rest of our home. As a little filly, I could be very easily bored, even if it feels good to be out in the sun.

I had not checked if I could open the door on the other side of the balcony. I could walk down the stairs to the ground floor. I feel much better, knowing I could go up or down the stairs without help from any other.

The Living room, kitchen, another girls' and Fillies' room was located on ground floor. There is a door out on the front, another door to the garage, and one third to be back of the outside too.

The living room is no surprise, a table, sofas, book shelves and all the common things. Just the same, the kitchen really didn't hold any surprises, it all looks the same as I had expected, even if most of the things are too far up for me to reach, even with the limitations my small hooves gave me here.

Since I haven't been taught how to read, I didn't find the books stored in the living room interesting. I guess she would give me books in time, when I had learned how to read. The garage was even less interesting, all I could see is her car.

I had found a door to the stairs down to the cellar, but I ignored the cellar too. I chose to look at the door out on the back. There is a glass roof, and two poles holding it up. She had apparently planted a few Roses along the wall. Aside from that, she also had planted other herbs, of which some looks edible to me.

Beyond the poles, there is grasses as far as the eye could see, Trees grow on her lawn, the first few are clearly apple trees. What the rest may be, I couldn't make out, and I can't recognise them from here either.