• Published 10th Jan 2014
  • 578 Views, 37 Comments

Doctor Whooves: City of Chaos - forevertheDoctor

  • ...
8
 37
 578

Saved by the Sonic

"SCATTER!" shouted River. The two pegasus mares flew off in different directions and the Doctor ran after Ditzy. Discord snickered, happy with the challenge of the hunt and flew after River.

"RIVER!" screamed Ditzy. It was clear Ditzy was about to fly after River, so the Doctor quickly grabbed her tail.

"She'll be fine, just run! She's my wife for Celestia's sake! She's not going down without a fight!" said the Doctor. Ditzy looked doubtful before flying off again.

"What are we going to do?" asked Ditzy. They ran about the hotel looking for shelter. They came across a supply closet dotted with cobwebs. The Doctor shoved Ditzy inside before leaping in himself.

"We're going to hide!" whispered the Doctor. He motioned to Ditzy to be quiet and she obeyed.

River had the same idea as the Doctor. She was a faster flyer than Discord which bought her some time to find a decent hiding spot. She flew into a guest room and locked the door behind her. She slid under a dusty old bed and kept perfectly still. She forced herself to slow her breathing and even quiet her rapid heartbeat. Twenty minutes passed.

Discord was getting frustrated. He couldn't find any of the ponies he was trying to kill. He huffed. He was getting very bored very quickly. Suddenly he had an idea, and he expressed that with a sinister smile. He snapped his fingers and spoke.

"Oh how clever of you, hiding from me. However, I'm sorry to say that Discord allows nopony to escape him. I have just improved my hearing to be twenty times better than before. If any of you make a sound, any sound, even if your heart beats just a bit louder than it should, I will find you. And kill you. You insist on starting a game, my little ponies. I'm merely playing it." said Discord, loud enough for every hiding pony to hear. River would have gasped if her life wasn't in danger. Her entire body tensed up. She didn't move a muscle.

Ditzy would have screamed by now if the Doctor's hooves weren't holding her mouth shut. Ditzy's chest rose and fell faster. Pretty soon her heart would give them away, and the Doctor knew this. He flung the closet open and leaped right where he was in plain sight. Ditzy gasped.

"D-Doctor, what are you doing?!" hissed Ditzy. Of course, Discord had heard everything and was flying right for the Doctor. The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver and was fiddling with it. Ditzy was covering her eyes, and Discord was coming closer. The Doctor smirked and rose his screwdriver in the air.

"Cover your ears, Ditzy!" said the Doctor. Ditzy reluctantly put her hooves to her ears. The Doctor waited until Discord was only a few feet away from him, holding his paw up in preparation to provide a devastating blow. Even the Doctor cringed when he hit the button, and a high pitched, shrill sound emanated from the sonic screwdriver. Ditzy, who had her ears covered screamed as trickles of blood escaped her ears. The sound was unlike anything Ditzy had ever heard, and it was painful. For Discord it was sheer agony. The high pitched screams of Ditzy only made it worse. He roared and covered his hyper sensitive ears, but to no avail. His eardrums had bursted, and he was rolling on the floor in the pain and the unbearable ringing in his skull.

"That's what you get for breaking the rules!" said the Doctor, looking at Discord triumphantly.

"COME ON EVERYONE, RUN!" shouted the Doctor. Ditzy was quickly on her hooves and following the Doctor. River had flown out of her hiding spot and joined the Doctor and his companion. Ditzy looked at the Doctor, irritated.

"Thanks for rupturing my eardrums!" shouted Ditzy, unable to hear anything correctly what with the horrible ringing in her skull. River chuckled, even though the blast of sound had hurt her too.

"Still alive!" said the Doctor with a trace of irritation in his voice.

Ditzy had no witty comebacks for that one.

Author's Note:

As promised, the next chapter. Hope I didn't disappoint! Don't worry, soon we will learn more about River, the snowglobes and Ditzy's origin as a test subject at Itex. Please tell me what you think, thanks.