• Published 10th Jan 2014
  • 603 Views, 59 Comments

Is this...Equestria? - Silver Shine



I can't believe it! I just woke up in freaking Equestria! Holy Celestia, this is cool! The hook and challenge? Making new friends. And making a new life.

  • ...
34
 59
 603

Day 2: Applejack&Fluttershy

I woke up, but Twilight wasn’t beside me in bed, and the covers were lifted off of me. Was I home? I looked round as a stood up, realizing I was still in Equestria. With Twilight. ‘Wait, why does that change anything?’ I thought to myself. I walked downstairs as I stretched my wings. I just opened and closed them. Maybe Twilight could help me figure out why I knew this. When I got down the stairs and finished stretching my wings, I noticed Twilight was reading a book about other worlds. I quickly said, “Twilight, I’m sure it’s not in there.” ‘Why did I say that? I…I don’t want to be in Equestria forever…Do I?’ I looked at her for if she would get angry at me. She looked up from the book and smiled at me. “If you say so.” She floated the book back onto a shelf, and looked at her books. I wondered something, though. “Twilight, how long have you been up?”

“Rapid, you don’t need to worry about me. But if you need to know, it’s only been about ten minutes.” She replied. I had a response question, “What about the covers being lifted off of me?” She had a response to that as well. “Because of the time. I wanted you to wake up quicker. I guess that didn’t do much, though”

“One last question.”

“Yes?”

“I’m able to move my wings freely, but I have no previous experience.” She had seemed confused. “Really? Well, maybe you’re just adjusting to it after learning the levitation magic. It’s not like they’re impossible to relate to one another.” She walked towards the door. “Anyway, you should come out to the market with me. I can introduce you to Applejack, since she has a stand there.” I walked over to her and replied, “I already know-“ Twilight cut me off with the two words, “In person.”

A few minutes later, I was trying to avoid being noticed by anypony, being new around. We reached Applejack’s apple stand, and I was ducking behind Twilight. “Hey there, Twilight. You still have the list we made yesterday, right?” Twilight grabbed a list from her saddlebag. “Right here.” Applejack looked it over, just to make sure she had done everything. “Thanks a bunch. Oh, and who’s that behind you? Somepony from outta town?”

“You could say that. I…Don’t know why he’s hiding…Or why behind me is his hiding spot of choice.” She stepped to the side, and I was left facing Applejack. “Well, you don’t look like anypony from ‘round Ponyville. You a new pony? My name’s Applejack.” I just stood there. She stood there. Silence. Twilight gently tapped me with her hoof. “Tell her your name, it’s fine.” I just looked at Applejack still. “C’mon, I just want to be your friend, like Twilight.”

“I…I’m Rapid Approach.” I replied. Applejack put her hoof out for a hoofshake. “Well, it’s great to meet you.” I shook her hoof, though still not quite used to it, and looked at the apples. “Hey, um…Twilight, do you have any bits with you?” She gave Applejack six bits, which got three apples. “That what you wanted?” I quickly grabbed it happily and said, “Yes! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!” Twilight and AJ just stared at me, confused at the attitude change. “What? I’m hungry.” I replied. “Well, anyway, I think I’m going to go have Rapid meet Fluttershy. But I still don’t know how exactly that meeting will go down after this. Anyway, I think we’re going.” She said. I followed her as I ate the apple, and along the way I was hiding from various ponies who would probably want to meet me. Hiding, of course, behind Twilight.

So, after some time, we reached Fluttershy’s cottage, with me not even hiding anymore. Nopony was usually here except Fluttershy and her friends. Strange, too, since it was so nice. Twilight knocked on the door, causing me to duck behind her yet again. Fluttershy opened the door. “Oh, Twilight, hi. This is a nice surprise.” She said. Twilight replied, “Hey, Fluttershy. So there’s a new friend I met yesterday who I want you to meet.” She once again stepped to the side. I just stood there. Fluttershy stood there. I was trying to not duck behind Twilight, and Fluttershy was probably trying not to hide behind the door. Twilight stared, waiting for one of us to say something first.
About ten minutes passed of us waiting for the other to talk before I just slowly stepped behind Twilight. “No thanks.” I said from behind her. I was wondering if Fluttershy would say anything to Twilight. Twilight stepped to the door again. “Why didn’t you say anything?” She began whispering, not realizing I could hear her. Funny, that reminded me of at home when people would whisper things they didn’t want me hearing within my hearing range. Of course, I usually forgot after a few hours, but it seemed familiar. She continued, “I figured if anypony could get him to talk easily, it’d be you.” Fluttershy just replied, “Well you know how I get around new ponies, Twilight. Like when I first met you.” Twilight just looked at me. “You know, I’m pretty sure you two should meet. It’d be great, especially if…Actually, that’s unlikely. Nevermind.”

“But…But I can’t.” I replied. Twilight moved away from the door and her horn lit up in a purple color, followed by me doing the same. Before I knew it, she lifted me into the air, and placed me in front of Fluttershy’s door. “Hi. I’m…” Fluttershy began, her voice growing quieter. “I’m Fluttershy…” Twilight just fell face-hoofed, not even sure what to do anymore. I just tilted my head. She tried again, her voice solid this time, “I’m Fluttershy.” I looked at the ground. That was something. Taking longer for an introduction than Fluttershy. I don’t know if I should be proud or ashamed. “I’m…I’m Rapid Approach.” Twilight smiled. “See? Wasn’t that easy?” Fluttershy opened her door all the way, letting us in. Twilight went in first, followed by me. “So Fluttershy, Rapid is new to Ponyville. I won’t say too much, as I’m sure you would be a bit surprised.”

“Well, Ponyville is a great place to be. I mean, there’s all kinds of friendly ponies who’d love to meet you.”

“Yeah…Well, I’m not sure that’s what I want.” I replied. Twilight looked out the window. “Hey, I think we should get going home. We should get back to the library to work on that magic of yours.” She said. We both left, saying goodbye to Fluttershy, and beginning to walk back to the library.

Soon enough, we had arrived, and there was still some time left until night, so we had time. “Now Rapid, the levitation is different for each object. Those books will be different from a stack of papers with the same weight. You’ll also feel the weight of the object you’re holding, though it should be VERY light, even for the heaviest of objects.” She gave me a book as she continued about levitation. I opened the book and began reading, paying attention to Twilight. “And then one thing I want to say is that you should find a way back soon enough, so levitation should be the only thing you need to know.”

“Twilight, I’m…Not sure if I want to go back. My friends are usually busy, and all I have to do there is type stories and make Youtube videos and go to school. Here, I have magic to learn, I can learn to use my wings, and even make friends who won’t be busy all the time. If you find a way back, that’s great, but don’t go out of your way, please. I know it sounds weird, but I wouldn’t mind if there was no way back. As long as I have friends here.”

“Rapid…I don’t even know what to say. What would you do if something happened here and it wouldn’t or couldn’t happen for you back in your world? And where exactly is your world anyway?”

“I’m not sure what I’d do, but I know that I can be in either world. And to the second question, I can’t answer where, but I know you’ve been to another similar world. It’s another human world, similar to the one through the mirror portal.” I looked outside. “Twilight, I think it’s time we head to sleep. It’s getting late.” We both went upstairs, and got into the bed, facing away from each other as we both thought about the previous conversation. Now if only I knew what tomorrow would bring…

Author's Note:

This one is different than the last, and trust me, this still isn't quite everything yet. This should be worked on every day, so there should be a few updates a week. And please, no hate comments.