• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 936 Views, 18 Comments

Memiors of a Mane Stylist: The Daffidazey diaries - Paradise Oasis



The Private Diary of Ponyville's mane stylist from long ago, giving insight into the humourous and chaotic lives the town's citizen's lead.

  • ...
1
 18
 936

Unicornia's Dark Secret...

Unicornia's Dark Secret...

Entry one:

Wow, temp Diary, this is so amazing! Rainbow Dash had told me how large an beautiful the Rainbow Crystal castle was, but this... this is simply amazing! A large pink dome, towering pink turrets with pink spires on top of them. And that's just on the outside! I had heard the unicorns lived in magnificent splendor. But this... this is incredible! No wonder Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were so taken by the unicorns when we made first contact last year! I've been meaning to make the trip here for some time, diary, and I can really say it was very much worth the wait!

When we arrived back in Unicornia, Whistle Wishes and Bright Brightly came out to greet us. With a sigh, the two rolled the giant Rarity ball of hair away with cries of "Yay! Rolling like that was fun! Let's do that again!" emanating from Rarity. After that problem had been solved, Sir Sun then started showing me around the town, It was all so wonderful, all those Brightly Painted houses! Why, I could've sworn one of them even looked like my own Petal Parlor! But the biggest surprise came over the great bridge, when we crossed over into the castle!

"You will not believe how amazing this place is, Miss Daffeydazey." The unicorn told me, as we trotted down the main hallway. "I'm certain our glorious Unicornian culture will simply take your breath away!"

And boy, was he right! Echoing chambers that carry your voice, fancy bedrooms with curtains and sheets made of satin and silk... oh, living here would be a dream come true, diary! I turn and ask Sunrise if Princess Rarity lives here, among all of this splendor.

"Only during her part of the year as Princess." He tells me, a smile on his face. "The rest of the time, she dwells with her family in the town. Princess Lilly Lightly will taking her shift in the castle in the few weeks, to see the fall celebration of lights in."

He takes me into the grand ballroom, and my breath is taken away! The sunlight filters down from the satin glass windows in the great dome above, creating a calliope of colors all around the room. But as dazzled as I am by all the glamour that surrounds me, I remeber that I was brought here to do a job, diary, and it was time to inquire about it here and now.

"Excuse me, Sir Sun?" I esquire, trying not to get lost in his dreamy gaze. "C-could you please tell me whose mane I've been brought here to cut?"

"Certainly, Miss Dazey." He replies, his eyes melting me into a pile of putty on the floor. "You have been brought here to do the manes of Queen Crowning Glory, and here royal handmaidens, Royal Beauty and Pretty Palace."

Aha! Just as I thought! I'm here to cut the manes of the REAL unicorn royal family! But why all the secretiveness? And how do I properly cut a unicorn's mane? I certainly wont be using any of the conditioner that turned Rarity into manezilla! But as I set up shop and unload my supplies in the grand ballroom, I begin to wonder exactly what I've gotten myself into...

Entry 2:

Oh...

Oh my...

So that's why they wanted me to keep my work a secret.

As I am writing this, I have just finished cutting the mane of Crowning Glory, the white mare with a lovely white and purple striped mane. I had previously cut the mane of a yellow mare with a pink mane, her hand maiden Pretty Palace, and afterwards I will style Royal Beauty's blonds mane, making the lovely purple pony even prettier by bringing out her true beauty.

As I suspected, the Queen and her ladies are the most beautiful and talented ponies in all of Unicornia. As I thought, they are the most elegant and courteous mares among all the unicorns and their soft, silky manes are some of the finest work I've ever done in the history of my career. There is just one thing I did not expect, one factor which had never occurred to me before, and now seems to be the reason the Unicorns keep the royal monarch and her ladies a secret.

Because you see... her majesty and her ladies are not unicorns at all.

They are, in fact... earth ponies.

Yes diary, I was just as shocked as you are! But apparently, unicornia is actually ruled by a line of ponies who can work no magic. That's right, the great makers of all the Ponyville region's rainbows, the mystical spellcasters whom all of the Pegasus and earth ponies look to with awe, are all subjects of the most ordinary sort of pony.

Sunrise Song has, of course, sworn me to secrecy on this matter. But I don't see why Cheerilee and the rest of the royal court are so ashamed. I mean, what's so wrong with the fact the royal family is earth ponies? I actually got a laugh when Whistle Wishes told me they mistook the first Ponyville ponies they ever met for being royalty when our two cultures first met, I imagine the discovery of a bunch of hornless ponies must've been quite shock to them! But still, there's nothing embarrassing about being an earth pony.

Believe me, I should know.

Well diary, I've been invited to the Rainbow celebration at the castle this year, and I can't wait for the party tomorrow. There will be a parade, a grand gala in the ballroom under the great dome, and what Royal Beauty has told me will be the greatest feast Unicornia has ever seen! I'm so happy I've been invited to the party, diary, and even happier since Sunrise is going to be there! But I can't help but feel a little sad that all of my friends back home won't be able to attend, and it's also a shame that I'm going to miss Rainbow Dash's wonderful rainbow celebration this year. Ohhh, how I'm going to miss eating one of Sweetberry's rainbow cakes!

Speaking of home, I wonder how all of my friends are doing back in Ponyville? I'm sure Amberlocks is running the shop well, and Pinkie Pie's keeping that crazy collection of mares under control. I hope Kimono found a new charm bracelet, and Fiesta Flair's band is ready to play for the celebration this year!

I just hope Minty isn't messing things up again...