• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 935 Views, 18 Comments

Memiors of a Mane Stylist: The Daffidazey diaries - Paradise Oasis



The Private Diary of Ponyville's mane stylist from long ago, giving insight into the humourous and chaotic lives the town's citizen's lead.

  • ...
1
 18
 935

The Road to Unicornia

The Road to Unicornia

(Note to self- write thoughts down on spare paper, tuck into diary when you get home- oooh ponyfeathers! How could I have forgotten that book?)

Diary, you are SOOOOOOO not going to believe this! Not in a million years! Can you guess what happened? No? Well, I've been invited to come and cut a royal mane at the Rainbow Crystal Castle in Unicornia! Eeeeeeee! Can you believe it! This is SUCH a dream come true! Rainbow Dash told me all about the place from when she visited, but to actually get to go myself... ohhhhh, diary! This is so wonderful!

Now mind you, nobody has actually told me exactly who's mane I'm going to cut, but I'm sure it's a V.I.P.- A very important pony! So, I packed up all my cutting supplies, and now I am on my way!

The road to Uunicornia is a pleasant trot (shame I couldn't take the crystal carriage, but the unicorns getting the wheels fixed at the time), with so many pretty flowers. Marigolds, tulips- oh, and of course, the daffodils! The road to the Rainbow Crystal castle goes through Breezy Blossom, and the Breezies keep such wonderful gardens here. Ohhh, Wysteria would have been soooo jealous of all the posies and petals I saw! And it wasn't long before the breezies fluttered out to greet me.

"Hey, Daffey? What's up?"

"Daffey! Hi how ya doing?"

Oh Diary, they are they're the cutest little things in all of Ponyville! Their cute little pony bodies, those tiny bug wings! They remind me of adorable little bumblebees, buzzing around through the flowers ! The Breezies say long ago, we used ponies used to keep them trapped in a special place to keep them safe from other creatures. But I don't see how any pony could trap anything so adorable anywhere! But the Breezies weren't the most wonderful surprise I got here on the road to unicornia, oh no! That came just mere minutes later, catching me totally off guard.

"They are lovely little creatures, are they not? Though not as lovely as the mare before me."

"Ohhhh-ohhhhhh!" I fell over in shock, diary... it was so embarrassing! But when the source of that deep, masculine voice bent down to help me up. Oh, diary.... those gorgeous eyes, that long aqua mane, and that flank- that wonderful pink and heavenly tight flank! He stood there in front of me, and I was struck stupid by his magnificence.

"I'm sso terribly sorry, miss." The angelic vision of a unicorn spoke to me, brushing me off with his hoof. "Are you quite all right?"

"I-I-I-I-I-" My voice stumbled, trying to form a coherent sentence. "Hi, I'm Dazeydaffey! Meet you to nice it is!"

"Well, that's quite an interesting greeting." He replied with a chuckle, extending a hoof. "And I am Sir Sunrise Song, stallion knight to the royal unicorn court."

A knight... dearest diary, I was talking to a royal knight! I though I was going to melt into a puddle when he kissed my hoof, and I barely noticed when a familiar pink unicorn came trotting around the stallion.

"Hey, Daffey! Good to see you again!" I barely hear, as my complete attention is held by the hypnotic eyes gazing into mine. "Yoo hoo, Daffey... you in there?"

The filly's prodding pulled me back to my senses, and I noticed a familiar pony. "Oh, Princess Rarity, whatever are you doing out here?"

"Well golly, Sir Sunrise offered to escort me out here to see the my friends, the breezies... Cheerilee and all the other mares were to busy, you know. So Sun here agreed to accompany me!" She told us, that overly cute smile beaming on her face. "Ohhh, is that your beauty bag on your saddle? Can I look through it, pleeeeeeease?"

Such an adorable little filly.... I can see why the unicorn mares have such a hard time resisting her requests..

"How very thoughtful of him. And of course you can look though my bag" I told her with a smile, looking back up at the stallion. "I'm on my way to Unicornia myself. Would you two, um, mind if I went back with you... maybe?"

"We would be happy to have the company, Miss Dazey." He told me with a smile. "We would be more than happy to escort you to the castle.“ And so there we stood, that gorgeous hunk of a stallion and I, gossiping with the breezies, while Rarity dug around through my shampoos and conditioners.

Sweet Little Princess Rarity... though she's not always a princess, diary. It only during this time of year, at the rainbow ceremony, that she assumes her title and royal responsibilities. It is their custom for their to be a series of unicorn princesses who each reign for a particular time during a festival period of the calendar- like princess Lily Lightly, the princess of the light festival. These princesses are selected from the young crop of fillies every generation. and preside over their respective ceremonies.

Oh, but there is an actual unicorn royal family, of course... but no one's ever seen them, because the unicorns won't let anyone near them. I wonder if that's who's manes I've been called to cut?

I was so busy wrapped up in my conversation with Sir Sun, that I failed to notice Rarity pull out my bottle of insta-grow hair tonic. While this stuff makes an earth pony's mane grow at twice the normal rate, I had no idea what it's effects on a unicorn mare would be. Sadly, I was about to find out.

"Hey, what is this pretty stuff?" Rarity asked, dumping the bottle of glittery goo in her mane. "It looks really pretty!"

"Rarity, no!" I plead, racing over to her. "DON'T!"

But it was to late, diary. Within seconds, that mane of hers began to grow...

...and grow...

...and grow...

...and grow.

"Good heavens!" Sir Sun exclaimed.

"Oh dear..." I wailed, shaking my mane.

"Hey, what's going on!" The filly pleaded, and her small form disappeared into the messy tangles of hair. "Sun! Daffey! HELP ME!"

It was with much embarrassment, diary, that this dedicated stallion and I ended up rolling a tangled ball of mane all the way back to Unicornia. An annoying filly's voice entertaining us all the way.

"It wasn't my fault that stuff made my mane grow! Daffeydazey should've told me that would happen!"