• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 935 Views, 18 Comments

Memiors of a Mane Stylist: The Daffidazey diaries - Paradise Oasis



The Private Diary of Ponyville's mane stylist from long ago, giving insight into the humourous and chaotic lives the town's citizen's lead.

  • ...
1
 18
 935

Fiesta Time!

Fiesta Time!

Well diary, today started off a a calm and peaceful day, but like all calm and peaceful days in Ponyville, that came to a quick end with the arrival of a melodious cacophony, that threw everything into an organized chaos. I swear, I have never heard such an awful, awful din in all of my life! I just can't believe that...

Sorry. I really need to organize my thoughts right now. Let me start again...

Snippy, Amberlocks, and I were cleaning up the shop after our latest Minty rampage, when a farmiliar yellow mare with a red mane came through the door. Dressed in a mantilla veil and black flamenco dress, I figured out right away that she must be planning something special.

"Como estas, senoritas!" The enthusiastic mare yelled at the top of her lungs, blowing my poor eardrums out. "I've come here to get a mane cut, an I'd be muy gusta if you could give me a few extra bows and ribbons, por favor."

Fiesta Flar... one of the most energetic mares in Ponyville, she is also one of the town's favorite musical performers. She can often act impulsively, and most of her problems come from not thinking before she acts. Still, even I had to admit there is never a dull moment with this pony around.

"Ohhhhh- kaaaaayyyy... hello Fiesta, nice to see you again" I replied with a sigh, uncertain I was even understanding with she was saying correctly. "Why don't you come over here and have a seat, and we'll see if we can give you a nice mane trim?"

"Ohhhh, si!" She nodded her head vigorously. "After how hectic this week has been, I could go for some mucho pampering!"

I looked back at my assitant. "Amberlocks, see if you can get the Twist n' Twirl machine working. Snippy, get me the coconut-scented shampoo."

"On it, boss." My assistant declared, trotting over to the machine that hadn't run since the Rainbow Dash-zaster.

"Got it!" The breezie saluted, and zipped over to go through the shelves.

"Right this way, Fiesta!" I motioned her over to the beautician's chair, and she came over and sat down. "So, preparing to perform for a party of some kind?"

"Oh, Si!" She replied excitedly, as I leaned her head back over the bowl. "Today, we gonna go an' play for birthday fiesta in Unicornia. I'm just waiting for the rest of my band to get here!"

"Wow, you're going to be playing for a birthday party?" Amberlock asked curiously, handing me the shampoo. "I remember when you played for Pinkie Pie's birthday, and it was really great!"

"Yeah, I would invite you girls..." Fiesta replied, as I remove her mantilla. "...but the unicorns might get mad."

Pushing her head back into the sink, I lather and rinse her long silky locks. This pony's mane is smooth and exotic, it reminds me of a warm blanket in the summertime. If she comes it right after lunch or dinner, I can pick up the warm smell of freshly cooked tacos lingering in her mane. This mare has a... 'spicy' beauty, for lack of a better term- that reminds one of the zesty bite of salsa in everything she does.

"So, your band's coming in here?" Snippy asked, as I pulled her head out of the sink, and dried her mane out. "They gonna be here to get thier manes cut, too?"

"Nah, they're not here for a buncha mane cuts," She smiled a big, goofy grin, as I started cutting her crimson locks. "dey're commin' here to practice!"

"Wait a sec," My ears perked up in surprise "they're going to practice here?"

Before she even had a chance to respond. we heard an explosion of noise come blasting in from outside the shop. Suddenly, three mares- a blue one with a harp, a pink mare with a trumpet, and a blue mare holding a banjo- all came trotting in on their back hooves, standing upright and playing thier insturments. Amberlocks and Snippy stood up, and clapped their hooves to the beat.

"Get down, little ponies!" Bee Bop exclaimed, strumming her harp. "Can you dig the beat?"

"Let's rock this joint!" Banjo Blue cried, whipping her mane around. "Can ya feet the rhythm?"

"I feel the music, girls!" Jazz Matazz agreed, blowing away on her horn. "Let's give these ponies something ta dance to!"

The whole shop vibrated with their music, and so did my poor eardrums. I combed and clipped away at Fiesta's mane, even as the pain made me want to grab my head with my hooves in pain. The loud music makes the windows of my shop vibrate and rattle, and finally many of them shatter with a loud CRASH! As I curled up her locks and finished my work, I said a silent prayer of thanks that it was finally over.

"Here seniorita, give me a mirror." I complied, handing over the only looking glass that didn't break with hr band's little performance. "Wow, you made me look incredible!" She smiled at me with a huge grin. "Muchas Gracias, Daffey! You really outdid yourself this time!"

"Glad to be of help, Fiesta." I reply, as a crack slowly formed along one of the lenses on my glasses. "I hope you and your girls have fun at the party."

"No problemo! I'll be sure to recommend your services as a beautician to my way secret client." She bowed, and made her way back out the door. "Adios, mi amgias! See you again for my next beauty appointment!"

And as the four mares galloped out of my shop, the door slammed behind them. At that moment, the cracked lenses in my spectacles finally crumbled out of the frames.

"Oh dear." I said with a sigh. "Why does that mare's departure always make me go to pieces?"