• Published 29th May 2012
  • 2,963 Views, 46 Comments

Well I'll be damned - bud467



A tank crewman was in the heat of battle when a grenade fell down the hatch.

  • ...
5
 46
 2,963

Well I'll be damned...

Holy-“ The tank rocked as an RPG struck the side of the tank. The tank commander, Kolvalsky, yelled a order to move back. I opened the loading hatch and an empty shell slid out. I pushed it through a hatch and it fell onto the ground outside. I turned to storage and pulled another round. I flipped it with the ease of a man who seemed to have been doing it for his entire life. I slid the high explosive shell into the tanks gun and pulled the lever down, closing the hatch behind it. “Loaded!” I yelled at the gunner, Levon, whom nodded and fired.

The tank rocked as the main gun fired. The building which received the shell crumbled and cheers crowded the radio. I smiled and opened the hatch allowing the shell to slide out and into my waiting hands. I tossed it through the waste hatch and pulled a reload out and slid it into the gun and closed the hatch. Levon was shaking slightly from the adrenaline rush, and the commander sat back and sighed. Suddenly yells and orders to scramble flooded the radio. “RPG! RPG! RPG!” The tank shuddered as the rocket propelled grenade landed home and struck the treads. “ Where the hell did that come from?!” the driver, Cobel, was screaming and Kolvalsky slapped him in the helmet, “Shut up!” He turned to me. “Montel” I looked at him and he tossed me his rifle. “Get out there and do an assessment!” I nodded and threw open the top hatch.

I jumped and pulled myself out of the gunners hatch, gunfire and the sounds of explosions and yelling rushed into my ears as I jumped off the side of the tank. I looked at the treads and cursed. I hopped up and pulled myself on the side of the and and dropped back inside. The tank gunner fired when I closed the hatch. “Treads blown apart.” I handed the commander his rifle as I prepared the next round.

“Shit!” Levon scrambled out of his seat. “Grenade down barrel!” Kolvalsky flipped open the escape hatch “Everybody out!” My eyes widened as I took one last look towards the loaded barrel. “Get ou-“ The explosion of the grenade thumped in the barrel then the round detonated, the explosion ripped through the tank and my body.


“TWILIGHT!” Rainbow Dash burst through the door of the library. Twilight looked up from her book of spells. “What is it?” Dash was scared and excited. “There was a explosion in the Everfree forest!”

I opened my eyes slowly. “What the fuck?” I tried to sit up, My body ached in protest. “How the hell did I end up here?” I rolled my head around to get a look. I was in a forest. I examined my surroundings and spotted my rifle laying on the ground ten feet away. Against my bodys protest I dragged myself to it and used it to pick myself up. “This way!” A voice broke the silence of the forest and rustling followed. My heart sped up as I searched for a hiding place. I grimaced as I walked over and went prone in a bush. “Here!” I checked my rifle and poked the barrel through the bush. I watched a couple bushed part and several color… “What the fuck?” Suddenly a memory seized my mind. “No way.” I shook my head “It can’t be.” I watched as the cyan pony, What was her name? Ah! Rainbow dash! landed and walked over to the purple one, that one is Twilight Sparkle. “This is strange Rainbow Dash.” Twilight carefully walked around and examined the blackened ground. “You smell that?” She sniffed the air. Rainbow dash flew over and sniffed. “Yeah. Blood.” I froze. Blood?! “Look there is a trail of blood.” Rainbow Dash pointed with a hoof and began following it.

I flipped on my side and did a self pat down. When I touched my left arm and yelped as pain shot up my arm. I sat up and cradled my arm instinctively. “Did you hear that?” The bush behind me rustled. “T-Twilight!” I turned around. I was face to face with two ponies from my daughters favorite T.V. show.
“Oh my.” A yellow Pegasus, (If the the name does not escape me)…Fluttersky? No…Flutter…something with a saddle bag was looking right at me.”You poor animal.” I gave her an questioning look. “I am a Human thank you.” Her ears flattened against her head and she backed up trying to look smaller.”S-sorry.” She whispered. My heart sank. “I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” I smiled through the pain in which my teeth were gritted against.

Slowly she approached me again. “Its ok.” Still a little shaky, she poked my arm with a hoof. I grimaced and bit my lip. “Ow.” That earned me a frown and she pulled a first aid kit out of the bag.

The one named Twilight was studying my form. I looked at her. “Is there something you want from me?” She blushed a little and nodded. “Are you actually a human?” I laughed. “Its what I said isn’t it?” She nodded. “It’s just that humans are a mythical being.” My brain gears started turning as I laughed. “ I beg to differ.” I leaned forward. “There are over seven Billion of us on earth.”

This is nuts. I was in a hospital for ponies to be treated for ‘multiple puncture wounds.’ Right now a medical unicorn was removing bits of metal embedded into my arm. “Ow!” I yelped as the unicorn slid a piece of metal out of my arm. “sorry.” He apologized and picked up a roll of gauze and wrapped my arm.

“Can you please remove…” He motioned at my jacket with a hoof. “…this.” I laughed and with some help, got my jacket off. “W-what?” The unicorn slightly backed up in confusion. I looked down and realized I still had my vest on. There was a few pieces of steel the vest stopped. I pulled on the Velcro on the vest then the zipper with my good arm then carefully slid my bad arm out of its hole. “what is that?” The unicorn poked the vest. “It’s a human piece of armor.” I picked it up and wrapped it in my jacked. The unicorn smiled. “Your shirt too.” I sighed and with some help from magic, I cant get over that… magic, I managed to get my shirt off.

The door opened and a young nurse walked in. “We need a-“ She stopped when her eyes saw my body.”X-Ray…of your arm…” her face was turning into a deep blush. I knew I had a fit body (my wife tends to agree enthusiastically ), but I didn’t know that I was THAT fit.