• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 3,230 Views, 116 Comments

Oddball - The Infinity Doctor



Yet another twist on the 'HiE' concept. Human becomes part Changeling in order to save his girlfriend's life/

  • ...
21
 116
 3,230

Chapter 18

The royal sisters sat in Celestia's chambers, contemplating the situation surrounding the recent events at the royal wedding.

"-cannot just let him go" Celestia said "That would defeat the entire purpose of the trial"
"I agree- however, they are going to find him the guilty party, no matter what he does"
"We have seen his memories for ourselves, surely we could grant him a pardon?"
"Perhaps, and then what? He would face persecution at every turn"
"...might that be a better life than being trapped behind bars for the rest of his life? He has foals, who would care for them?"
"Us, perhaps?"

Celestia grew quiet as she turned to stare at her sister.

"What? What did We say?"
"Luna...you know full well we can't care for them, we have enough royal duties as it is, we'd barely have enough time..."
"What of the fuchsia earth pony? And the grey pegasus? Surely they could?"
"They have foals of their own, and even if we did, that would require separating Sam's foals..."
"Then we are back to the first square..."
"Not necessarily..." Celestia said "What if we did issue him a pardon?'
"But-"
"Let me finish- what if we issued him a pardon, but it came with a catch?"
"What do you mean? Surely the poor soul has been through enough, but to actually-"
"No, no, you misunderstand me- it will appear to the public that we are sentencing him, when really we'll be letting him go"
"How would we go about that?"
"We could let him stay here in the castle, surely that would convince at least a few of the nobles that Sam will be closely watched by us"
"And if they aren't? What then?"
"Then...we must have faith, sister"


"Uh...what exactly is this about?" I asked, surrounded by a platoon and a half of guards, all of us standing in the throne room.
"We have a proposition for you" Celestia stated "We will grant you freedom, if you stay here in the castle under our watchful eyes"

Let's see...dank prison cell, or...castle...yeah, that's gonna be a hard one...

"What else can I say, but- I accept" I said, flabbergasted that I might actually make it through this mess in one piece.
"Very well, you shall remain here until further notice" Celestia said, stamping a legal-looking document.

Let me tell you, it was pretty damn-difficult to keep the smile off my face. Now though, I needed to go and get Mirror and Alicia from Ponyville...

"Ah, one more thing, before you leave" Luna stated.
"What would that be?" I asked, turning.
"We took the liberty to-"

The doors to the throne room burst open, leaving cracks and harsh indentations in the walls. The perpetrators, were none other than my two little girls, both of them flying at top speed.

"Daddy!" they cried simultaneously, latching onto me.
I stumbled backwards as a result, returning the affection all to happily as I righted myself. I hugged them for all they were worth, tears streaming down my face as I did.

"Daddy- why are you crying?" Mirror asked, peering up at me.
"Nothing sweetie," I said, wiping my face "I'm just happy"

Author's Note:

A short interlude before beginning the next part of the story.
Please give feedback on what you think of the story so far, as well...you know...if you want to...