• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 3,229 Views, 116 Comments

Oddball - The Infinity Doctor



Yet another twist on the 'HiE' concept. Human becomes part Changeling in order to save his girlfriend's life/

  • ...
21
 116
 3,229

Chapter 15

"Mr. Silent, we got a question for you" Dinky said as she, Berry Pinch, and Ditzy trotted into the house.
Mirror and Alicia were off at Sweet Apple Acres with the crusaders, the Apple family agreeing to watch them for the afternoon.
"Oh? What would that be?" I asked, myself draped across the couch.

"Are you Dinky's dad, or mine?"

My jaw fell to the floor as my face flushed, Ditzy doing the same.

"Dinky..." Ditzy said, flustered.

"What? It's a good question" she answered innoccently.

My mouth started working again at that point, and I looked to the two fillies, staring at me with the most adorable, childhood-innoccent eyes.

"Ditzy, why don't we talk outside? You two make yourselves at home"
The pegasus mare followed me out the front door, I shut it behind me, and looked to her.

"I'm sorry Silent..." she said, downcast.
"Ditzy-"
"I swear I don't know where they got the idea-"
"Ditzy-"
"-just so embarassed-"
"Ditzy!"

She looked me in the eyes.

"It's alright...really" I said, smiling.
"It...is?"
"Yeah! I mean, I think it's cute more than anything else"
"So- you don't think of me like that?" she asked, nervousness in her voice.
"No...why?"
"No reason..."
"Ditzy- you can tell me"
"Well...what if I...liked...you?"

'Oh not again...'

"Ditzy...I like you too...but as a friend-"

I didn't get much further than that, as Ditzy had begun crying.

'What? What is she- oh...'

"I-I- didn't mean it like that!" I said, waving my hoof.

"It's because of my eyes, isn't it?" she asked, tears still dripping down her face.

"No Ditzy, your eyes are beautiful" I said, trying to comfort her.

"Then- then what is it?"

"It has nothing to do with you, you're a good mare, Ditzy"

She didn't respond as some of the tears stemmed their flow.

"Like I said, I like you as a friend" I said "but I'm sorry, I don't love you...I already have a special somepony"

"I'm just so embarassed..." she said quietly.

"It's alright, really, no harm done"

"I suppose..."

"Now, however, we have the problem of how to tell Dinky and Pinch..."

"They'll be heart-broken"

"I know..."

'But-'

"I think I have an idea..." I said.

"What is it?"

"What if...we didn't tell them?"

"What? Why?"

"Well...I think it'd be one way of telling them..."

"I don't know..."

"Look, I know this probably isn't the best idea- and I'll take full responsibility if anything goes wrong"

"I could tell Berry Punch if you want..."

"I think that'd be best...so, agreed?"

"Agreed"

We both trotted into the house.

X X X X X X X

A small smile spread across my face as I watched Alicia sitting with Elaine, the little draconequus sat on Elaine's lap, dozing as Mirror did the same on the other side of me. It really warmed my heart to see my two daughters getting along with Elaine, Alicia had been shy
around Elaine, just like Mirror had been, but had eventually warmed up to her. Elaine idly stroked Alicia's head as we sat on the couch, watching an old rerun of 'Darkwing Duck'.

"I'm glad all of us are here" I said quietly, careful not to disturb the sleeping fillies.

"Yeah, me too" she said, smiling "how often do you get to cuddle with a chimera?"

"Your boyfriend is half-changeling, anytime you wanted to"

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really"

"You could have told me sooner" she said playfully.

I smiled back at her, and shifted, careful not to disturb Mirror.

"So...what do you think of this?" I asked.

"Of what?" she replied.

"The four of us, together"

"I think this might be one of the weirdest families to ever exist"

Both of us laughed quietly as the end credits rolled, another episode beginning.

'Maybe someday...'

"...so...what do you think of that?" she asked.

"I think we shouldn't just yet...I mean, I love you, I really do- but we've only been on a few dates, I think we should get to know each other a little better..."

'Oh please don't be mad...'

"Sounds reasonable" she relented "but after all we've been through? It's kind of scary to think of all that could've went wrong..."

"I know...I thank my lucky stars I've got you three..."

"Really?"

"Yes, I mean, think about it- I could've lost everything after Chrysalis' transformed me, my family, my friends, you...it's just..."

I stopped as I felt Elaine lay her head on my shoulder, I responded by laying mine on hers, the two fillies asleep between us.

"I hope this never ends..." I sighed.

"It'll have to at some point..." she replied sadly "but for now, let's enjoy it"

She gave me a peck on the cheek as I returned it, and we gradually drifted off.

X X X X X X X

"Silent..." Berry Punch said.

"Yes?" I asked as innoccently as I could muster.

"Ditzy and Pinch told me what happened..."

"Oh- about that, listen, it's no problem-"

"Still...I'm sorry..."

"Nothing to be sorry about"

"Yeah...Ditzy told me all about it...what you told the girls..."

"I couldn't just break their hearts like that-"

"Silent, you don't have to explain" she said.

"I- don't?"

"No, your gesture was really sweet, it's nice to know somepony else cares"

"Well, I think everypony cares...I don't think I really did anything special..."

"But you did- they wanted you to be their father; what do you think that says?"

"..."

"You can be so oblivious sometimes..." she muttered "I just wanted to say...thank you"

"Like I said, nothing to thank me for" I replied.

'Elaine would throttle me if she found out...'

Author's Note:

First update in a while...sorry about that...Life and writer's block tend to get in the way.

Please R&R! :pinkiesmile: