• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 1,064 Views, 26 Comments

Silly Filly - From Beyond the Everfree - Ponyess



I'm Silly Filly, born earth type, even though my parents live in Clouds Dale, which did cause some fuzz. I moved to a small village, where I had a distant relative. This where my story begun but by no means the end of it.

  • ...
30
 26
 1,064

A Rekindled Passed: 16

Finally, the day had arrived, and it is time to go. I'm about to leave for my parents' home, with only my closest friends by my side, even though Rarity is with me too. Feels better to have her with me, I just can't quite put my hoof to why or how, it's just a foalish feeling I had, or is it.

I had cast my spell for myself first, then Rarity did the same. After that, Sweetie Belle managed to cast it for herself as well, as shaky as she was.

From here, I left it over to Rarity to cast the spell on Apple Bloom, since she can't do it on her own, since she still is an Earth Pony. This spell will stay out of her reach, I can't even teach her. I had managed to teach Sweetie Bell on my own, the spell had worked just as well on her, as it worked on Rarity, if it is because they're family, or if it is merely the case of being Unicorns. It worked, and that's the point.

Now I realised, just how great it was to fly. I never have had the chance, short of the few short test flights I had performed, back at Sweet Apple Acres. I had gone with my original design of bat wings, and so did they. I know I could have chosen another design, but I came to like this, the way I had started it.

I could see how Rarity enjoyed herself too, the Bat wings are different enough, from the wings she tried at the previous occasion. I cast glances back at Rarity and Sweetie Belle from time to time, enjoying and adoring their radiant white wings. Apple Bloom's wings a light white, matching her coat, only with a red gradient, matching her mane.

Scootaloo is heading our little herd, making an impression of flight, though Rarity is levitating her, since she still can't perform any form of actual flight on her own. Yet, once there, she will at least be capable of walking on the clouds, like the Pegasus she is.

It feels good to see Scootaloo flying before us, but strange to fly this high, since I have never been a flyer before. I guess it is still fun with our Bat wings. Certainly would help us stand out.

Ponyvilles weather is no surprise, by the looks of it, just a slight breeze, and next to no cloud coverage of the sky. It's warm, but I'm still glad I'm wearing the vest Rarity made for me, just the day before. I had realised, just how much of her effort had gone into it, as good as it looks, it is also keeping the wind out of my chest.

I don't know it is a wind, or if it is our Bat wings, but it felt as if we made good headway, flying over to Cloudsdale. If it is any part of the magic I had used, but I certainly don't feel all that winded or tired as one may have expected for the first time for an actual flight like this. It isn't as if I was trotting to the next town over either.

What shocked me, is how unfamiliar it felt to set hoof on the ground as we reached our destination of Cloudsdale. Maybe it is only this different to set hoof in Cloudsdale, or it could be an effect of my spell. It initially left me baffled and confused.

After a few minutes I grew used to it however, and after that it is just like a day in the park. Walking in the clouds, or rather, on the clouds. Now I had something to brag about when I got back to school, if I was looking for it. Only then I realised, the spell along would still be more to t6alk about, but should I try to explain, or would it be better to demonstrate the joy in first person. I'd have to ask Cheerlie about this, when I had the chance.

Then a face came before me in my mind, and it's fairly obvious and reasonable, it's Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon a step behind her. What she was to say, if I was pointing out what I've done, and where I had gone, as well as whom I had brought with me there. Then the look on her face almost made me choke on the roaring laughter.

Maybe it is just as well, we had managed to land on a fairly quiet street, not too far from the residential area, but luck had it that my parents would live close by. After just a short walk, I spotted a few Pegasi. Naturally it had to be Pegasi, who else would I find in Cloudsdale, since neither Unicorns, not Earth Ponies could walk on clouds. I guess a Princess like Celestioa, or Luna could, since they're Alicorns. Even Twilight could perform a spell, allowing a Unicorn to manage it.

The first Pegasus I asked is a light green, but with a blue mane and tail.

Does Radiant Thunder and Silent Rain live anywhere close by?” I asked the stallion.

Yeah, they do. They haven't moved out of their old home, where they've lived since they moved in together. It's just down the street, then to the right. It's house number fifteen!” he responded.

Thanks!” I responded, before I moved on, happy I had found the Ponies I was looking for.

Now I can get to know who my parents are, rather than what little remnants of old stories I had. Thankfully my friends still are just a few steps behind. I guess it was just as good we folded our wings tightly to our backs, or Ponies would start talking, or worse, scream and dash off right and left. Even if this may be just my imagination.

After a short trot, and taking the turn to the right as I had been told, we soon found ourself at the door of the house my parents still do live in. I lifted my hoof and knocked the door. The strange feeling came back, but I ignored it.

A moment later I hear steps, and a voice called out.

Who's there?” came the male voice.

Silly Filly. This is Radiant Thuner's home, right?” I responded.

The door went up, and the face of my father is popping out the door. He looks clearly surprised. He had heard of me moving to Ponyville, but that's the last he had heard of me. I imagine he had seen images of me, sent to him.

After a moment of confusion, his face lit up in recognition.

Oh, it's you my silly little fillie!” he burst out.

It's nice to finally see my old home, after all these years. Now I can at least tell what it looks like from my own memory, rather than tales told by others!” I pointed out, right to the point.

Come right in, my little fillie. Silent, you had better come right now, our daughter have come home!” he expressed, rising his voice so that his wife would hear him.

A new set of hoofsteps could be heard as the Mare bolted towards the door. Then she made a screeching halt, just in time not to bounce into me.

Hi, Silly. Nice to see you home for once. I know we sent you to the distant relative, but a Pony can't live here, unless she could walk on the clouds. You brought friends over, how nice of you!” she then continued.

Both Radiant Thunder and Silent Rain then moved to the side and allowed us to enter the house, leading us to the dining room.

Wait, aren't you by any chance Rarity?” Radiant enquired, as he recognised her.

Yes, that would be me. I guess Pegasi still do remember and recoginse me, since the incident where Rainbow Dash had to save the entire team of Wonderbolts. I guess that's an event that isn't forgotten quite so soon?” Rarity suggested.

That's not an event we're used to, even if Rainbow Dash may be a legendary mare all on her own. You're not by any chance sporting the beautiful Butterfly wings today, right?” Silent pondered.

Sorry, no Butterfly wings this time. Not so much because of the incident, but I chose Bat wings, for all of us!” I pointed out, expanding my wings.

A twin gasp was heard, as they saw my wings. Even if they had no preconception of Bats in Cloudsdale, Bat wings isn't what you expect to see on any Pony. Maybe I should have figured as much, but I certainly did leave an impression on the Pegasi who are my parents.

This is Sweetie Belle, a friend of mine and daughter of Rarity, this is Scootaloo, and this is Apple Bloom, sister to Apple Jack and Big Macintosh!” I concluded, pointing a hoof in order to indicate the respective fillie and friend.

Nice to meet you!” Sweetie Belle greeted my parents in her best behaviour.

Hi!” Apple Bloom continued, as she flexed her own new and temporary wings Rarity had given her for the trip over to my parents.

How do you do!” Scootaloo followed up, looking up at my parents.

Nice to meet you all fillies!” my parents greeted them in turn.

You're Pegasus, Scootaloo? I noticed you have regular wings!” Radiant pondered.

Yes!” she simply responded.

Did Twilight by any chance help you with the wings, Rarity?” Silent enquired, somewhat surprised, in a curious tone of voice.

No, she has nothing to do with our visit. I've conjured my wings myself, but only thanks to your daughter Silly Filly. I helped Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, but Silly Filly conjured her wings on her own, not only that, it's her spell. She even managed a spell to teach me the spell!” Rarity explained.

That's when both my parents dropped their chins right down to the floor with a thud.

Wait, you mean to say that our Earth Type Daughter not only conjured up the wings and the spell, but then moved on to teaching you the same spell?” Radiant chuckled, in disbelief.

That's exactly what I said. She's quite a remarkable young fillie!” Rarity responded.

I feel she is too remarkable for her foalish name!” Silent pondered in response.

Sounds right!” Rarity responded.

We had too little time with you, to get to know you. Maybe now we could. By the sound of your tale, we could give you a more fitting name now!” Radiant declared.

You know, we could have the new and revised name filed first thing, but it could wait for a cup of tea!” Silent interjected with a sly smile on her face.

Living in Cloudsdale apparently do come with a few advantages, endless supply of clear and clean water counted among them. Now Silent poured up water, before heating it in a boiler.

While the water heated up, Radiant carried cups to the table, then placed them on the table before us. He also placed a spoon beside each cup, and a small bowl of sugar and a presentable wooden box, containing a selection of fine teas.

Just choose your blend!” Silent suggested, as she pours up steaming hot water in each cup, one by one, as she moved around the table.

It is the hosts duty to serve the guests, even if the guest happen to be a Unicorn, and the host isn't!” Rarity whispered to me and Sweetie Bell, explaining the situation.

I think I see your point, even if it feels wrong in a situation like this!” I whispered in response.

And we are the guests!” Sweetie Belle interjected in a quiet whisper.

Yes, Sweetie Belle, we are!” Rarity responded.

First I just waited for the tea to cool off, just as they did, then I quietly left my cup, seeing it floating towards me. Exhaling over the steaming tea, before I take a very slow and quiet sip of the brew.

Neither Rarity nor my old friends reacted to the act, simple and innocent as it is. Only then I picked up a small gasp from my parents. They apparently hadn't gotten used to my use of magic. Or if they thought Rarity was helping me.

Maybe it is in order, I explain how it came to be. It all started with the Amulet I had crafter for me, shortly after I came in possession of a small lump of silver. Both the Tiara and the bracelet on my neck. Shortly after that, I chose to move to Ponyville where I picked up my friends, after an amusing incident. I bumped into a Unicorn by the name of Trixie, who fashion herself as 'Great and Powerful', and enjoys performing her tricks on stage, which is where I found her. It is the amulet that granted me the power and ability to perform the jest on the stage. It is also the very same amulet that later allowed me to conjure the wings I now have on my back!” I pointed out, pointing my right hoof at the amulet as I mentioned it, then flexed my Bat wings as I mentioned them.

Author's Note:

There, now I have something to show for a chapter.