• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 1,064 Views, 26 Comments

Silly Filly - From Beyond the Everfree - Ponyess



I'm Silly Filly, born earth type, even though my parents live in Clouds Dale, which did cause some fuzz. I moved to a small village, where I had a distant relative. This where my story begun but by no means the end of it.

  • ...
30
 26
 1,064

A Few Tests: 14

First things first. It's good I could do this alone, before they came home. Castings small and simple spells isn't that much of a challenge. Like lifting a cup of tea, while I'm at Rarity's home.

Levitation is a very convenient spell, associated with small and light objects. I feel very comfortable with it. Just short of Rarity complimenting me on it, as it were.

There is the spell I used to light the path as I walked in the dark, I sure enjoyed it while in use. Blinking from a spot to another, it was fun, but the short distance, I need some case where I actually needed it, before I can put this on my list of awesome spells.

I have a few more, more or less amusing or short of pointless spells. The once I can't quite categorize too, ofhorse. Maybe it is good to have a range of spells, not just the few of the same type.

For now, I can levitate objects, blink from place to place, light the way, give the little tease, ignore spells against me, and make a good illusion, or impression of wings, but is this all I will ever be.

The most exciting of my tricks seems to be the wings, illusory or real, still exciting. I know they come with an unexpected, and unavoidable connotation, for a pony with a horn in her forehead. Now, this is exactly why I kept it under wraps. I don't w3ant to come out as an Alicorn. I'm barely going for Unicorn, even though I can handle a few small tricks. The tricks I have been enjoying this far. Maybe I could make a few more.

Now, all of a sudden, something hit me, an idea as hilarious as it was, but if it works, I could be popular and sought for, as much as hated and feared among others. It's a two edged blade I'm playing with, but I'm already on a very thin ice on this cake.

I wanted to be someone special, in my own right. I'm not just a copy of my parents, and here is a chance. Who's to stop me, or try to deny my what I'm apparently born to be.

Since the wings of my choice does look and feel real, but would they take my weight? I enjoy the looks of them, as I see the reflection of them in a mirror. Then a thought hit me, I could see the ponies I had missed the most throughout my life, even though I never got to know them. Knowing they couldn't be dead.

Had they died, I imagine I would have been told in some way. There had been no such talk. I had overheard talks about them, they were apparently doing well for themselves in Cloudsdale.

Now, maybe I could have the chance for a closure, and rekindle my family, even though I now know this is where I belong. I don't want to live in Cloudsdale. I have all my friends here, so I just couldn't abandon them, now could I.

Going to Cloudsdale is something I may need to do, but I will be back soon. If I am going, I hope I could have a friend or two with me there, since it would change the experience for me, just as it would be to share the experience, from going alone, into conquering my past.

Standing on the platform of the house, I had conjured the wings of a bat pony, then spread them wide in order to take flight. It is an interesting test, and if it works, I could enjoy the fruits of my discovery. Maybe I could even enjoy it with my friends later.

I take a breath, then another, before I started to flap my newly conjured wings, only to realise I actually felt the air under my wings, but not only that, I also feel the air on my body. A minute of warming up, and building up confidence before I noticed I was actually taking off, and then flew up to the top of the house. I'm now standing on the top of what was to pass for my home.

Since this one test had actually worked, I once more spread my wings, only to slowly soar down and land on the ground, right under where I had stood, just a few minutes before.

While I had performed the test, I had noticed something, my friends are approaching. I had to break the news to them, but how, I didn't like to make it any less than it is, Sweetie Belle would have to make the point, if I could teach her how.

--- --- ---