• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 1,673 Views, 14 Comments

Starlight's Birthday Bash - Starlight Dash



Starlight runs around from home to avoid an unwanted talk, but she ended up meeting some very interesting ponies.

  • ...
16
 14
 1,673

Chapter 2: A New Mommy

Chapter 2: A New Mommy

Starlight giggles "Spwitty"

Spitfire leader of the Wonderbolts leans down to Starlight's eye level.

"Who's this little pony?"

Starlight pouts and looks away.

"This is a little filly who went to into Sugercube Corner and she ran away from home."

Starlight sticks her tongue out "Meanie snitch"

"Shes got a mouth on her doesn't she?" Spitfire implies

"Yeah you get use it"

"How about yoo wet me go and yoo can move on wif your wives"

Birthday ignores her "Well I need you to watch her while I look for her mom."

"Whats her name?"

"I....actually don't know"

"Good wuck finding mommy I bet you'll never figu out who she is!"

"I know she lives in Canterlot."

"Nu uh!"

"Yeah she does."

"I hope you get wained on!"

"Ok so how long do I have to watch her?"

"Just until I get back."

"You're not gonna find her especially when its waining I even don't fwy in the wain."

Birthday hooves Starlight over to Spitfire.

Starlight struggles but it was in vain as Spitfires grip was stronger than Birthdays "Wet me go!"

"Don't worry you'll be fine BB will find your mommy."

"I don't wanna see my mommy!"

Birthday turns to fly away.

"I'll see you in a bit BB."

Birthday Bash waves goodbye and flies to Canterlot.

Spitfire confiscates Starlight's saddlebags and puts them near the door.

Starlight reaches for them and screams "NO! GIVE THEM BACK!"

"You'll get them back later."

"You cant tweat my wike a baby!"

"Well you sure are acting like one."

"I'm 4 years old I can act how I want!"

"Not if your going to act like that!"

Starlight sticks her tongue out at Spitfire.

Spitfire sighs "Again proving my point."

Starlight tries using her horn but only sparks come out. Spitfire looks at at her horn.

"Stay away fom my hown."

"Stay here."

Spitfire flies up stairs.

Starlight runs over to her saddle bag and pulls out a pink and black pacifier "Still safe." She yawns

Spitfire comes back down stairs which causes Starlight to quickly put the pacifier back in her saddle bag, but Spitfire obviously saw what it was and ignored it. Spitfire flies over and puts bandages over her horn. Starlight yawns again and tries pushing Spitfires hooves away but is too tired at this point.

"There does that help?"

Starlight rubs her eyes and responds "A wittle bit."

"Your tired aren't you"

Starlight slowly blinks her eyes "No."

Spitfire scoops her up. "Come on I'm putting you to bed"

Starlight weakly pushes Spitfire away "No I wanna go."

Spitfire flies upstairs and puts her into her bed.

"There comfy?"

Starlight respond by suckling her right hoof quietly for at this time she had fallen asleep. Spitfire flies back downstairs and grabs the pacifier out of the foal's saddlebag and heads back upstairs. She inserts it into Starlight's mouth and is rewarded with light but noticeable suckles. Spitfire smiles at her.

-Birthday Bash-

Birthday struggles to fly to Canterlot as the rain relentlessly pelts against his coat and wings. Eventually he arrives at the front door of the Canterlot castle. He tries to go in but the guards stop him.

"What gives?!"

"Sorry sir no entry."

"I need to speak to Princess Celestia."

"It's really important."

"I'm sorry but the castle is on lock down till we find the princesses daughter."

"Princesses daughter?"

"Yes she's gone missing."

"What would happen to the ponies that had her?"

"I'm sure it's up to the princesses."

"If you had to guess what would happen to them?"

"Probably be imprisoned if she was kidnapped."

Birthdays ears slump down.

"And what if um these ponies bring her back?"

The guard sighs impatiently "Alright assuming the younger pony said she was being held hostage then the ponies would be imprisoned it depends upon her story."

Birthday backs up slowly "Um ok thank you I'll see you around."

"Yea yea."

Birthday flies away as fast as he can back to Spitfires house.

-Starlight-

Starlight gets up to the smell of food and goes downstairs still suckling her pacifier.

Spitfire hears her come down "Hey there sleepyhead had a good nap?"

"I want mommy" Starlight says still very groggy;

"BB is going to find your mommy."

Starlight suckles in response.

"Are you hungry?"

"A wittle."

"You want some food?"

"Is it mushy?"

"I only dwink from a bottle or eat mushy things like banana pudding."

"I figured that so I mushed up some carrots."

"Sounds yummy."

"Do you want me to feed you or are you grown enough?"

"I wanna be fed!"

Birthday barges through the door. Spitfire sets the bowl of carrots on the counter then runs over to her friend.

"We have a problem."

Starlight suckles in response.

"What's up BB."

Birthday grabs Spitfire and takes her into the next room.

"We have a really big problem."

"What is it?"

"Is somefing wong?" Starlight yells from the other room.

"No nothing is wrong." Spitfire yells back.

Birthday whispers to Spitfire "Ok look she is the princesses daughter."

Spitfire whispers back quiet "WHAT!"

Starlight walks over to the mushed carrots and tries to take it from the counter "Stupid tall ponies!"

"We need to be on our best behavior with her because if she says we kidnapped her we can be imprisoned!"

"Why did you drag me into this!"

"I needed somepony to look after her!"

Starlight eventually grabs hold of the carrot and knocks the carrots over the counter and onto herself she sniffles lightly preparing to cry.

"Well now were going to jail happy?!"

"We aren't going to jail we just got to give her back to the princess and we will be ok!"

Starlight begins crying lightly. Spitfire hears this and runs back to the kitchen Birthday Bash not far behind.

Spitfire kneels down to Starlight "What happened to you?"

"I sowwy" She sniffles lightly

"No no its ok! Its not your fault!"

Spitfire picks her up and rocks her gently taking Starlight's pacifier and putting it back in her mouth.

Starlight sniffles and puts her head on Spitfire getting carrot all over her

"Look I'll give you a bath and you'll be all clean again ok?

Starlight nods as Birthday is shocked at how good Spitfire is at taking care of a foal. Spitfire takes her to the bathroom lays her on the bathroom floor and fills the tub with warm water. Starlight sits quietly suckling away on her pacifier still sniffling.

"Ok time to get all clean!"

Spitfire takes Starlight's pacifier and lays it on the bathroom counter then lifts her into the tub. She takes a sponge and puts some soap on it then starts to scrub Starlight clean. Starlight sits and watches Spitfire who is smiling brightly.

"By the way I never got you're name."

"My name is Starwight."

"It's very nice to meet you Starlight I'm Spitfire."

"You're the wondewbolt that perfoms for my mommy!"

"And who might your mommy be?"

"My mommy is Cewestia!"

Spitfire freezes for a second and gulps. She regains consciousness and continues scrubbing feeling slightly uneasy.

"H-he he. Do you um miss her?"

Starlight nods "A wittle, but I don't wanna go back I wanna stay here!"

"Now why is that?"

"Because then I don't have to have a tawk wif mommy!

"Why don't you like talking to her?"

Somefing happened and now we have to tawk and I don't wanna!"

"What happened?"

"I don't wanna talk about it!"

"Ok ok! Please close your eyes I need to rinse the soap off of you."

Starlight closes her eyes. Spitfire takes the detachable shower head and rinses off the soap on Starlight

"You can open your eyes now"

Starlight opens her eyes back up. Spitfire takes Starlight out the tub and puts her on a rug on the floor.

"That wasn't so bad now was it?"

Starlight shivers in response. Spitfire takes a towel and starts to dry off Starlight. Starlight giggles from the ticklish drying.

"So tell me Starlight how did you injure your horn?"

"I fwell from my woom in the castle. I also huwt my wing."

"Which wing is it?"

"The wight one."

Spitfire looks at Starlight's right wing lifting it up slightly and poking at it.

Starlight winces "Owie."

"I'm sorry I needed to see how bad it was."

"It huwts."

"It might be a sprain I'm not sure if you broke it."

Spitfire takes some bandages and a splint from her medicine cabinet and patches Starlight's wing.

"Owie!"

"I'm sorry Starry its going to hurt for awhile but this will help you wing heal."

"I wanna pway!"

"Well it depends what you want to play."

"But I'm magic it could heaw on its own!"

"Maybe but I'm not going to that chance I want it to get better." Spitfire stands up. "So what do you want to play?"

"I don't know."

"I may have some of my old toys somewhere would you like to play with them?"

Starlight nods.

"Ok I'll get them."

Spitfire picks up Starlight and puts her in the living room while she goes to get her old toys. Birthday who was sitting on the cloud couch hops off it and follows Spitfire.

"How do you know to do all of this?"

"I did foalsit for a bit before I joined the wonderbolt academy. I've always wanted a foal of my own maybe we will have one one day"

Spitfire smiles at him. Birthday blushes in response.

"Maybe one day Spitty."

Spitfire get the toys out from a box in her closet and flies back downstairs where she puts them on the floor in front of Starlight.

"Here you go"

Starlight begins to play with the toys Birthday and Spitfire talk.

"Spitty what are we going to do?"

"Well would it be such a bad thing if she stays?"

"Are you kidding me of course it would be! We could go to jail for this!"

"Well she doesn't seem like she wants to go back home."

"That's not her decision to make! Celestia has to make that for her shes to young!"

Starlight pops up between the two of them "But but I wanna stay here!"

Birthday jumps surprised to see her.

"Why is that Starlight?" Birthday asks.

"Because me mommy have to talk and I don't wanna talk! I wanna stay here cause its nice!"

"Well it maybe nice here Starlight but your mom must be worried about you and what she needs to talk to you about especially if its that bad!"

Starlight nods "I don't wanna go" She sniffles

Starlight perks back up "I want Spwitty to be my mommy!"

Spitfire squees then coughs slightly before retaining her professional composure.

"Spwitties nice."

Spitfire adds in her two cents "That's very kind of you that you want me to be your mommy, but you already have one and it would be wrong to take you from her."

"But but!"

"What?"

"I don't wanna go!"

Suddenly there is a knock at the door. Starlight runs from her spot and hides behind the couch. Birthday and Spitfire both look at the door.

"Get rid of them!" Spitfire whispers.

Birthday gets off the couch and goes to the door. He opens it and there is a white Pegasus guard in gold armor standing in front of him.

"Um can I help you?"

Starlight sniffles lightly this makes Spitfire go behind the couch and try to calm her down. Starlight suckles her pacifier quietly trying to calm down.

"We have received word that the daughter of Princess Celestia might be here."

"Celestia has a daughter?"

"Yes."

"Since when?"

"Since recently."

"Ok how did this happen and why is she missing?"

"She ran away because of a private incident."

"May I ask what this incident was?"

"The Princess would like to keep it private."

"Ok so what business do you have here again?"

"I have come following an anonymous tip that the daughter is here."

"The daughter of whom?"

The guard begins getting frustrated "Celestia."

"Oh yeah ok so what do you want me to do about it?"

"We have a warrant to search this home."

"May I see it?"

The guard pulls out the warrant and hooves it over to Birthday who proceeds to eat it.

The guard sighs "I'll be back with another warrant and more guards."

Starlight pops up when hes gone "Don't wet them take me away!"

"I don't think we have much choice." Birthday says.

"But we can't let them take her!"

"They are going to search this place top to bottom and they will find her and we will be thrown in a dungeon!"

"What do you suppose we do then if you want to keep her?"

Starlight at that instant puts on the cutest face she could.

Birthday gulps "Oohh not the cute face!"

"You know you can't resist that adorable face!" Spitfire says evilly

Birthday finally cracks "Fine we'll keep her."

Spitfire and Starlight say in unison "Yay!" Then proceed to hug each other.

"I just wish I had all my funiture!"

"You had furniture?" Birthday asks.

"No I had FUNiture!"

"It's suppwosed to fun!"

"how does that work?"

Starlight shrugs "I don't know that's what mommy told me. It wooked wike any other foal kind of fuwnituwe but it sounds fun!"

Birthday and Spitfire both giggle.

Birthday coughs and clears his throat "Well we can't keep you here."

"Pwease don't take me home!"

"We aren't, but you can't stay here when they search my house we need to keep you somewhere safe in the mean time."

"I could hide!" Starlight covers her eyes with her hooves "Now you can't see me!"

Birthday facehoofs and sighs "It's not that simple Starlight we need to get you somewhere besides here!"

Spitfire chimes back in "Wait what if the pony who saw us tells again that we left?"

"That's a good point so we need to hide her somewhere they won't find her"

"Do you have somewhere here they won't look or a secret door or something?"

"I have a cloud basement."

"Close enough! You take Starlight down there and hide her in the best place possible."

Spitfire nods then picks up Starlight and takes her down to the dark basement.

Starlight struggles "No I don't wanna go down there!! Its dawk!"

Spitfire positions Starlight so they are looking at each other "Starlight it's either you stay with us and hide down here or you go home to your mom and never see me or BB again."

Starlight gulps "Can you stay down there wif me?

"I can't they know I live here they can take you away if they find BB here and not me."

Starlight sniffles and nods suckling on her pacifier quickly.

"Look I'll be back as soon as I can ok be strong Starlight ok."

Spitfire sets her down on the basement floor. Starlight lightly whimpers and attempts to reach for her.

"I need you to find the best hiding spot you can find and try to stay as quiet as you can ok?"

Starlight hides behind some boxes. Back upstairs Spitfire can hear a knock on the door from upstairs.

"I will be back Starry."

Spitfire flies upstairs and closes the door to the basement which is in complete darkness now. Starlight tries not cry. Spitfire flies next to Birthday as he opens the door. Three Pegasi guards in golden armor step inside.

Spitfire clears her throat "Yes how can I help you?"

"We've come back to search the home and we have another warrant to prove it." The guard shows it, but keeps it tight in his hooves.

"Ok you can search the house but if you make a mess your cleaning it up got that."

"Of course unlike you have a choice though."

The guards begin to search the house thoroughly checking every crevice. Spitfire shivers nervously, but Birthday puts his wing around her and she begins to calms down. Everything was calm till one of the guards speak up.

"Sir I found something!" One of the guards hold up Starlight's saddlebags.

The color drains from both Birthdays and Spitfires face. Spitfire speaks up shaking like a leaf.

"T-that's actually mine! I bought it from the last show I did in Canterlot pretty cool don't you think?"

"So you carry around a picture of Princess Celestia, a fake crown and boots, and a large pink bow?" The guard says rummaging through the bag.

"Well I have a thing for dolls and I was going to make a Celestia one so I needed a good picture f-for reference! And I got the other stuff to dress it up!"

"Hmmm."

"Is there a problem?"

"No.. no problem at all" The guard drops the bags and rallies the others. They all leave without saying anything.

Birthday closes the door and locks it behind them.

"Oh thank Celestia that worked!"

Spitfire zooms to the basement, "Starry where are you it's me Spitfire"

Starlight runs and tackle hugs Spitfire crying "Don't weave me awone again pwease don't."

Spitfire puts her head over Starlight and strokes her mane "I won't I promise."

Spitfire takes Starlight back upstairs where Birthday waits. Starlight was no long in her but hanging from her neck. Spitfire scoops up Starlight and rocks her putting the pacifier back in the little foals mouth "Shh Shhh it's ok Starry its ok." Spitfire says in a very gentle and calming manner.

Starlight sniffles "I don't wanna be in the dark again too many bad memowies."

"It's ok you won't have to be in the dark ever again."

"They gone?"

"Yea are we safe BB?"

"For now they maybe back."

The talking was cut by Starlight's stomach emitting a loud grumble.

"Are you hungry Starry?"

Starlight giggles "I want milky!"

"I really hope she means the kinda milk I am gonna give her."

"Do you want me to warm it up for you?"

Starlight nods.

"would you like some cookies for being a brave girl?"

Starlight again nods "Wes!"

"Ok BB watch after her while I make the cookies ok?"

"Eeyup!"

Birthday picks up Starlight and puts her on the couch next to him. He turns on the TV and puts on the foalish thing he could find.

Starlight giggles as she watches ponies her age run around and do things while Birthday is busy tearing his eyes. Spitfire comes out not a moment too soon with the warmed glass of milk and plate of cookies.

"Here you go Starry." Spitfire says putting them down on the coffee table in front of them. Starlight sits there motionless a confused look sprawled across her face.

"Something wrong?"

"What's dis fing" She points at the glass of milk.

"Its milk Starry."

"Nu not milky this." She points the glass.

"The glass?"

Starlight nods "I've neva dwunken out of a big pony bottle."

Spitfire giggles "I think your old enough to drink out of a glass."

Starlight touches the glass and knocks it over spilling it.

"Or not!" Spitfire begins to clean up the mess.

"I sowwy! I didn't know what to do!"

"Its ok. I'll go see if I can find any bottles."


Spitfire tosses the washcloth she used to clean up the milk with in the sink and begins her search for bottle in the kitchen.

"Ah here's one! It's my old bottle from when I was a young filly.. huh I just noticed I keep a lot of baby stuff in my house."

Spitfire pours milk into the bottle and hooves it to Starlight.

Starlight takes the bottle and suckles it slowly rolling on her back.

Birthday comes over to Spitfire and whispers "Can I speak with you privately please Spitty?"

Birthday and Spitfire walk to the bedroom to talk.

"Hey what's up BB?"

"You know you really know how to take care of Starlight!"

"Well it just came naturally."

"No that was pure skill Spitty and I think it would be great if we had a foal together."

Spitfire blushes "I-I guess so."

Starlight sniffles from behind the two "What?" She begins to tears up.