• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 1,860 Views, 23 Comments

Five against One - Paper-Lillie



Everything is all fine and dandy for Twilight Sparkle, her being a princess and all that. But did you ever wonder how her friends actually feel?

  • ...
12
 23
 1,860

Rainbow Dash's Jealousy

Rainbow Dash's Jealousy

"One more to go and she'll have won. That's it."
Celestia walked over to stand next to her sister.
"I do not doubt her power, Luna, but just remember that there will always be hope."
"Since when did hope ever do anyhting?"
Celestia raised an eyebrow. Luna continued.
"Since when did hoping do anything! I hoped for 1000 years, stuck on the moon, waiting for 'the time to be right' as you always put it! I was alone, and I hoped! I have hoped that she would never return! I have hoped that nothing wrong would happen anymore! Hope didn't ever do anything!"
"Luna-"
Luna got up and fought her sister's annoying, reasoning voice and galloped away across the red, away from the sun and her parents and everything to do with anything.


"What. Is. That?!" Rainbow Dash yelled at a weather mare nearby.
"Um....a r-raincloud?...."
"Why is there a raincloud in the sky today?"
"Um...Fillydelphia are scheduled for a storm today and were just moving it across-"
"Tell them to reschedule! Do you even know what day it is?!"
"Um.....n-not exactly..."
"It is 'Princess-Twilight's-First-Anniversary-Eve', that's what day it is!"
The weather mare squealed, nodded and flew off.
Four friends of hers were watching, not very far off.
"She is just too loyal for this plan to work!" Rarity whispered.
"Let Subby handle it! She's really talented! If I knew what she looked like, I bet her cutie mark would be in persuading people to get involved in evil schemes!"
"An' what would that even look like?"
Pinkie shrugged, her main bouncing happily. She had recently poofed it up, because 'Subby' had told her she was drawing to much attention to herself.
And you will all draw attention to yourselves if you go around whispering like scheming maniacs!
Everypony silenced themselves to tune in to the voices latest branch of the plan.

"Rainbow, you do know that the colour of the napkins was fine already?" Twilight said as Rainbow Dash bossed the staff around the dining hall that would be used tomorrow evening. She had made them change the napkin colour, the plates, the candles-she had even made them take down the chandelier and put up a new one.
"Just sticking up for you, Twi." Rainbow assured.
"I know, I know."

"We have to get her alone. That's probably the only way we'll have some chance of corrupting her." Fluttershy whispered to Angel as they walked down the corridor to meet the other three. "Do you think you could help?"
Angel stuck his nose in the air.
"I'll give you your favourite salad!"
The bunny ignored her.
"I promise I won't give you a bath for a week!"
The bunny wanted more.
"Three weeks!"
Nope.
"A whole month!"
That won't do it.
"An entire year!"
The stubborn creature opened one eye, and finally nodded.
Finally.

"Angel! Come back here with that napkin!" Rainbow raced across the halls at Wonderbolt speed, but she couldn't catch up to the annoying animal. She was also strangely obsessed with napkins right now. Rainbow, I mean, not Angel.
"You little-UGH! Where are you!" Rainbow lost sight of the mischevious bunny and came to a halt in a strange but familiar room. It was the room shrouded in shadows. The room that contained a chest. A chest that contained Nightmare Moon's shattered pieces of armour.
Don't fret. That rabbit will return the napkin to its rightful place soon.
"Who's there? Show yourself! I'm not scared of you!"
Listen. Stop jumping around!
"This is starting to get creepy..." Rainbow said as whisps of smoke seemed to rise from the armour and float around the room. "Pinkie, if this is you trying to get back at me for the other day, then it's fine, lesson learned!"
No. I am not Pinkie Pie. I am your subconsiousness.
"Right......."
Listen. I have an offer to make.
"I'm listening."
Do you want to be an alicorn princess and have ultimate power?
"But wouldn't that mean Twili-"
Of course you would have to destroy her first to get your hands on the throne, but then-
"Uh-uh! No way! Are you crazy? The others wouldn't let me do this! They would exile me right on the spot!"
"No, we wouldn't." Rainbow Dash jumped as Fluttershy's, Pinkie Pie's, Rarity's and Applejack's voices all spoke as one from the shadows. "In fact, we love this idea of power!"
"All of you guys are in on this?"
"That's right."
"I don't know....sure it sounds promising..."
Come on, Rainbow Dash. Are you not the Element of Loyalty?
"I am the Element of Loyalty!"
So, who are you going to be loyal to? One petty little princess, or your best friend since flight camp...
Rainbow's gaze wondered to Fluttershy.
....a friend who always made the time to hear your problems......
Rainbow looked at Rarity.
....the super fun party pony that you love to pull pranks with.....
Rainbow glanced at Pinkie Pie.
......and a friendly rival who may never give you any apple cider ever again if you don't follow the plan?
Rainbow turned her head towards Applejack.
"I don't know.....I should probably go with Twilight, being a princess having to follow my duty and all...."
Let me picture this.....another way. Can you see your home city in your mind's eye?
"Cloudsdale?"
Exactly. Now picture i crumbling, being burned to a cinder, flames raging around the place, the ones you loved getting lost forever.
"What? You don't seriously mean-"
I do. All of this can be saved if you just come with me. Will you be loyal to your home city and family?
"Yes. I'll go with you."
We start tomorrow.