• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 1,863 Views, 23 Comments

Five against One - Paper-Lillie



Everything is all fine and dandy for Twilight Sparkle, her being a princess and all that. But did you ever wonder how her friends actually feel?

  • ...
12
 23
 1,863

Applejack's Jealousy

Applejack’s Jealousy

Celestia and Luna appeared in a sky of red. They were far above land and far, far away from Equestria. There were clouds, but they provided little protection from the burning sun that blazed white hot behind them.
"I don't like it here." Luna whispered.
"Relax, my sister, we are at peace. We no longer have to worry about royal duties anymore. Our way is clear."
Luna spotted two god-like creatures silhouetted against the sun.
"Mother? Father? Is it really them, after all those years?.."
"Indeed. Let's go."


The dark silence of the prison was broken by the clattering of metal against the floor. Applejack sighed, and picked up her crown gently. All the cells were empty, apart from one. Inside was an angry mare. She was asleep, but the expression on her face highlighted the grey tones of her body, main and tail. Applejack then sighed again, thinking that she would probably end up in one of those cells if she ever went up against Princess Twilight Sparkle.

“No! I ain’t jealous of Twilight in any way. She’s mah friend an’ I’m proud of her an’ I’m happy with my life as it is!” Although Applejack had merely thought that, she had thought it so loud it hurt her ears.
Tut, tut, tut. Lying to yourself, are we? Whatever happened to the Element of Honesty?
“Who...wha....what? Who’s there? Is that you, Monochrome? If it is, I’m afraid I’m going to have to prolong your stay here, an believe me, Ah don’t want to do...”
No, no. I am merely your subconsciousness, dropping in for a little...chat, shall we say?
“Listen, I’m kinda busy right now. Ah have no time for a ‘little chat’ as you call it.” Applejack sighed as she came to her room. She set her crown on her desk. It slipped out of her hooves and she had to stoop down again to pick it up.
If you had a horn, you could just simply use your magic to move things around. Not many ponies just go around becoming unicorns, do they?
“And your point is?”
There are other types of ponies you can become without difficulty who have magic.
“Oh, yeah?”
Yes. Oh, and did I mention you even could get some wings thrown into the package.
“An Alicorn?”
Why not? Oh, what about an Alicorn princess, hmm? Does that sound nice?
“Listen, Miss. Subconsc-y-whatnot, I am NOT going to get jealous of mah friend. And Ah need some sleep, so Ah would appreciate it if you would double on back home, an’ leave me in peace.
As you wish...

Applejack awoke that morning, only to realise it wasn’t morning at all. She sighed for about the one thousandth time that week. She decided to sneak into the kitchen for some apples and a glass of milk.

It was still dark by the time she’d finished, and she was now fully awake. She decided to have a walk around until it was light outside.
If you were a princess, you could make it morning and night whenever you wanted.
“Great.”
Are you not happy to see me?
“No. I’m less than happy, actually. I don’t want you bugging me, OK?”
That is quite a bit rude and offensive, I must say!
“Look, the first anniversary of Twilight being a princess is coming up, and I won’t let anypony spoil it.”
First anniversary? Hasn’t she been doing this for three years?
“Well, Cadance mostly ruled for the first two.”
Poor Cadance, having to juggle all of Equestria as well as the Crystal Empire. I’m sure if you were a princess, you could manage ruling Equestria by yourself.
“Stop it! Oh, would you look at that, it’s morning an’ that means Twilight is up and that means breakfast an’ Ah’m starving. And I don’t want to hear from you for the rest of the day, ya hear?”
Oh, I understand completely. Of course.
“Good.”

Applejack and her friends finished breakfast and took their places in the hall.
“Let’s hope we don’t have any crazy princess wanna-be’s come today. Heh heh.” Rainbow Dash said awkwardly.
“Yes. Let’s.” Rarity said coolly.
Applejack could have sworn she heard Rarity mutter
“The less competitors there are for the throne, the better, I say.”
AJ shifted uncomfortably. Rarity had been acting strangely lately.
Shouldn’t you call yourself Princess Applejack now?
“Go away.”
“Sorry?”
“Oh. Sorry Fluttershy. Just...er...talking to myself. Heh heh.”
Lying again, are we?
“Ah’m not going to tell you nicely anymore. GO AWAY.”
Alright, alright. I will.

That day proved to be very uneventful and Applejack was bored to death. It was only when she lay on her bed that she heard it again.
Listen to me.
“No.”
You said you didn’t want to hear from me for the rest of the day, and it’s night now. If you were princess, you could make night never come and I would never bother you.
“What are you tryin’ to get at?”
Look. I have a plan. Just listen to me for once.
The voice was becoming agitated. “Alright, then.” Applejack sighed.
Rarity is already in on the plan. You don’t have to do a thing. I’ll just go around convincing the others, Ok? You won’t have to hear from me until the plan has to come together.
“And if Ah agree, will you leave me in peace?”
Of course.
“Alright then. Ah’m in!”

Author's Note:

Sorry for not updating for a while. Thank you for being patient.