• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 16,499 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: The Next Generation - MedicHorse



The stories of one summer vacation full of fun and friendship, featuring the children of the Mane Six

  • ...
17
 245
 16,499

The Chapter with the Tour Stop

My Little Pony: The Next Generation
The Chapter with the Tour Stop

After a long night of questions and jokes, the seven friends awoke. Today was the day they would experience firsthand why their parents were famous. Anthea, being the only one who had been to a harmony tour stop before, insisted that it would be quite boring. The remainder of the group refused to believe her, as they had been treated to wonderful tales of adventure and triumph for their entire childhood. After breakfast, the entire group made their way to the designated area to prepare. A few ponies had gathered around already, hoping for an autograph from the Elements of Harmony. Not long after arriving, the festivities began, which mostly consisted of questions about the glory days of the six friends. The most common reply was the stories the children had heard many times before, but felt much less impactful in this setting. After this, the six resigned to a smaller table to give autographs, making the early birds feel kind of silly. The seven friends decided to wander off, and see what kind of fun there was to be had in downtown Canterlot.

“You know,” Annie said to T, “I think we were the only ones who didn’t get to try the food at that quaint little café. Care to join me for lunch?”

“Sure,” answered T, then turned to the rest of the group. “We’ll catch up with you later.”

“See ya,” was the communal reply, as Annie and T stepped off from the group. As they walked, T realized what a unique sight they were. A small, timid pony with glossy eyes being escorted by a large, green dragon-pony hybrid. He laughed internally at this thought, and soon they were back at the café. The two sat down at one of the patio tables and T looked up at the sky.

“It’s so beautiful today,” he mused, “perfect weather to go flying.”

Annie suddenly had a thought. “What is flying like?” T furled his brow, trying to think of how to adequately describe the sensation.

“It’s pretty hard to explain,” he admitted as their drinks arrived. “I guess you have to feel it to understand.”

“Oh,” Annie answered, slightly disappointed by his statement. While she was rather proficient with magic, she lacked wings. T noticed her dismay and silently hatched a plan.

“So, I hear there’s a wonderful garden here in Canterlot. I figure you’d probably like to listen to the animals,” T said as the two finished their meals.

“Oh, yes!” Annie answered excitedly. “I had trouble finding it. Can you lead me there?”

“I can do better than that,” T answered slyly and spread his wings. “Come here.” Annie couldn’t see what he was planning but walked towards his voice. “Climb on my back,” he instructed. This was rather strange, but she decided to go along with it anyways. “Now, hold on tight.”

“Why?” asked Annie as she latched on to him with her front hooves. Without answering, he simply flapped his wings forcefully, taking off at a brisk pace and drawing a light “Eep!” from Annie. To him, flying was a wonderful experience, albeit a relatively normal one. For the filly who had barely even ran in her life, this was new, and beyond compare. The wind rushing through her mane, the feeling of holding tightly on to her oldest friend, it was almost too much for her. As she became more comfortable, she began to slacken her grip around the pony beneath her. She then began to notice how comfortable she was. His scales provided the perfect place to lie down and feel the sky. Through her entire flight, the same thought entered her mind over and over: “I could get used to this.” Soon, she felt the wind around her slow down and eventually stop.

T turned his head back towards Annie and said, “Thank you for choosing Turquoise Air, please exit to the left.” Both ponies shared a laugh as Annie stepped off of T and found the ground once more. Still reeling from what she had just felt, she was feeling quite brave. Without really thinking, she blurted out.

“Do you wanna go on a date with me some time?” Finally realizing what she said, she began to stutter and try to spit out an apology, or an explanation, or even words, all of which failed her.

T noticed this, and slowly walked up to her. He placed a claw on her lips, making her stop her endless train of random syllables.

“Of course I would,” he answered with a smile. “Are you free tonight?” Annie, now blushing wildly, nodded her head furiously. “Good,” T said. “Now let’s go see about this garden.” Taking Annie by the hoof, he led her into the Garden of Canterlot.

Author's Note:

Shorter chapter this time. Also, some of you have been voicing ideas about Gold and Annie. We all know how protective he is...