• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 16,490 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: The Next Generation - MedicHorse



The stories of one summer vacation full of fun and friendship, featuring the children of the Mane Six

  • ...
17
 245
 16,490

Cloudsdale

My Little Pony: The Next Generation
Cloudsdale

The group of friends quickly perked up as the famous city of clouds appeared on the horizon. They would land in the early evening, so each pony's plans would have to wait until the next day. This did not, however, manage to make anypony less excited.

"I can't wait to see the Weather Factory!" shouted Candy, as she bounced about the ship.

"Just don't taste the rainbows.." warned her mother, making the other adults laugh.

"I hear Cloudsdale Arena has some of the best training facilities in Equestria," Star stated, earning a quick nod from Dash and Soarin.

"I'll have to pick up some cloud pearls for the shop. I've got a few pieces in progress that could use them," said Claire.

"They're delicious, too," replied her father, earning a stern glance from his wife.

"I hope you guys don't get too busy. I wouldn't know what to do with these Wonderbolts tickets I picked up," Soarin broke into the conversation, earning looks and a pair of surprised gasps from his son and a certain yellow Pegasus.

"Great! I've always wanted to see a Wonderbolts show in their home stadium," Star finished, walking over to examine the tickets. "Wait, you have an extra ticket."

"Oh, do I?" Soarin replied, as he looked to his son and winked. After thinking for a moment, Prism finally understood what was being implied, and tried to hide a slight blush. "Well, I guess we'll just have to see what happens. We're landing soon."


After a good night's sleep, the crew decided to visit the Weather Factory before heading into town. It was certainly an interesting tour, but one pony had an ulterior motive. While the rest of the group was distracted by the snowflake makers, Prism snuck off to find the one pony he wanted to see. After some hunting, he completed his quest when he entered the lightning preparation floor.

"Whirlwind!" he shouted, while crossing the floor. She turned to face him, and her eyes went wide as she realized who she was seeing.

"Prism? What are you doing here?" she asked as the two shook hooves.

"Well, the families are on tour, and Cloudsdale was one of the stops."

"Harmony tour?" she asked, to which Prism simply nodded. "Well, then, tell your parents to come visit Mom. She hasn't seen you guys in too long."

"We'll stop by after the Wonderbolts show tomorrow."

"You guys are going to that? I wish I could, but tickets sold out before I got one."

"Well, if you'd like, I've got an extra ticket," Prism stopped for a moment as he shook the image of his father throwing him a sly glance out of his head. "Do you want it?"

"Aw, thanks Prism!" she said as she gave him a hug. "I'll be getting of right before the show so come pick me up here."

"Great! See you tomorrow," Prism finished as he walked away. After finding the group again, he approached his mother and father.

"Hey there son. Where'd you run of to?"

"Just wanted to say hi to an old friend. Don't give that extra ticket away."

"I figured," Soarin finished with a smile.

Author's Note:

Guess who's back? So, to keep myself from burning out, I have decided to start doing shorter chapters. This also means I should be doing more chapters. I have transferred over to the Army, and will be going to basic in February or March. Also some behind the scenes: I hadn't originally planned to ship Whirlwind and Prism, but Lumino's trilogy made them my next gen OTP. Thank you guys for sticking with it, and here's to the future!