• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 16,498 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: The Next Generation - MedicHorse



The stories of one summer vacation full of fun and friendship, featuring the children of the Mane Six

  • ...
17
 245
 16,498

The Chapter with the Party

My Little Pony: The Next Generation

The Chapter with the Party

As six o’clock grew closer, the seven friends found themselves on the way to the local sweet shop, which was now decorated with balloons, streamers, and a large banner that read “Summer Break: It’s About Time!” in festive pink writing. The older ponies of the community would recognize this as another Pinkie party, although she had grown much more reserved as she fell into the role of motherhood. She still had her fun, but her daughter was now firmly the bearer of the party-pony torch.

Candy, who had just finished decorating, was joyfully awaiting her guests. Prism was the first to arrive, as he normally was. He was not far ahead of T and Claire. The purple mare, always standing out when she could, wore a long, beautiful lavender gown, accented by two magnificent emerald earrings. T, wishing to avoid his mother’s “help,” wore a simple black bowtie. It wasn’t much, but it was enough to make Rarity feel like he was trying. Prism, staying true to his word, had actually combed his mane. While he didn’t like to admit it, he did clean up quite well. Soon after the four settled in, Anthea arrived with her faithful escort Gold, wearing his trademark neckerchief. Last but not least was Star, as she had elected to take a relaxing walk and admire the sunset.

As the friends arrived and began pecking away at the snacks on the buffet table, other ponies in their class began to arrive. Soon after, right around seven, the music began to get louder as the newly freed ponies slipped into their newfound liberty. Ponies were dancing, talking, eating, or just hanging out. It wasn’t long before everypony reverted back to their comfortable states.

Prism was talking to mares who showed just enough interest to keep him blabbing. Claire wandered about with an almost regal flair, making sure everypony knew that she had, indeed, attended this event. T sat in his comfortable spot on the sidelines, engaging in his favorite activity which he called “pony-watching.” Gold and Annie sat not far away, discussing the myriad of plant and/or animal life they dealt with, living just off the fringes of the Everfree Forest. Candy ensured the guests were well cared for, as was her talent. Star was speaking with some of the recently graduated seniors who were joining the royal guard.

All in all, it was a successful party, with plenty of ponies but not a lot of chaos. Even Prism avoided getting punched in the snout, a feat he rarely achieved at parties. As the clock reached towards midnight and many ponies began going home, the seven friends truly felt the finality of the school year and the beginning of the summer. As they looked ahead they imagined all the wonderful things they could do, the ponies they could meet, and the trouble they could get into. Most ponies didn’t look forward to the last part, but two awaited it with an almost scary smile.

Author's Note:

This is a short, in-between chapter, mostly because I didn't want the whole party to go uncovered. Plus it gives the more social side to the character's interactions, which needed to be addressed at some point anyway. Thanks for the Favorites and Likes!