• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 1,683 Views, 42 Comments

Equestria: A Magical Drama - CoryBrandstetter



A magical storm causes young humans with magical powers to apear all over Equestria. How will any one cope with this?

  • ...
3
 42
 1,683

CHAPTER 4

It was midnight at the castle of Canterlot as princess Luna was walking through the palace gardens. The dark blue alicorn mare was trying to pass the time, as her sister princess Celestia was trying her hardest to keep the magical storm situation under control.

Oh how Luna wanted so much to help out, but her sister was adament about making sure that Luna took the time to make friends. It wasn't that Luna didn't want to make any friends, it was was just that it was hard to even make any friends when everypony you met ran off in fear when they saw her. Oh how Luna regretted even becoming Nightmare Moon when she got jelouse of her sister. Luna gave a sigh as she stared at the moon. The nights in equestria were really lonly when you didn't have any friends to share them with.

Suddenly she heard a rustling in the bushes next to her. Luna aproached the bushes to see what was making the noises. Luna gave a gasp as she saw the creature. The creature looked like a bipedal hairless ape and was at least three feet tall. It had a long black mane on it's head but overall it was completly naked to the cold night air. It was in a fetal position making sobbing noises as it shivered. Luna could tell that the creature was at least no older then a young filly and that it was female by the sobbing noises it was making.

Seeing the creature suffing awakened a motherly instinct inside Luna. The dark blue alicorn walked up to the creature.
Seeing Luna walk up to it made the creature yelp in surprise and fear.

"Don't be scared little one." Luna said softly as she lay down beside the creature. The girl snuggled closer to Luna as she realized that she wasn't in any danger. Luna then asked. "What is your name child?"

"I don't know..." The girl replied. "I don't have one."

"How about I give you one then."

The girl thought for a moment and replied. "Ok" she said.

Luna thought really hard. The girl was as pale as the moon. Luna had an idea for a name, it was a very ancient name for the moon, spoken in an ancient language long forgotten.

"Your name shall be, Mani my moon beuty."

"Do you have a name?" The girl now known as Mani asked.

"Yes, My name is Luna."

--------------------------

It had been a few days since Luna had met Mani. She loved the girl as if she were her own daughter. Luna was struggling to balance her duties as a princess and keeping her adopted child a secret from everypony else. She had many close calls when Mani was nearly disoverd, the first when she tried to sneak Mani into her room at the castle. A gaurd was busy doing his rounds and Luna barely made to her room as he rounded the corner. The second time was when she decided to give Mani some clothes. Princess Celestia was wondering why she was taking some of the clothes from the palace storage room. Luna did some creative story telling and said that she was just going to make some drapes for her room and quickly left the scene. The dress was a simple gown desighn made with balck fabric and it had some white frills at the hem of the dress, at the ends of the arm holes and around the coller. Mani looked really adorable in it.

Luna decided that it probably was a good time to get some food for Mani, so she went down to the kitchens to get some apples.

-------------------------

Down in the palace kitchens the cook was busy making a pie for tonights supper when princess Luna entered the kitchen.

"Princess Luna! what brings you down here?" The cook asked. The cook was wereing a cook uniform and she was a dark brown earth pony mare, with an equelly brown mane and tail with a soup laddle for a cutie mark.

"I was just wondering if you had any spare apples?" Luna asked.

"Apples! Oh I always have enouph in fact I think we are a bit over stocked on the things." The cook replied.

"Ok then...can I have a few bags then?"

"Sure you can take as many as you want princess, oh and why would you want a sack full of apples anyway?"

"Uh...no reason!" Luna quickly grabbed the bag and ran to her room.

"That was odd." The cook said to herself as she went back to making her pie.


------------------------


Luna placed the apples in front of Mani. The girl started to devour them hungrily. Suddenly there was a knocking on Luna's door. The dark blue mare gasped and quickly placed Mina and the sack of apples in her armoire. Luna then opened her room door.

"Oh...uh...hi Tia" Luna said to her sister nervously. Celestia was a pure white alicorn mare with a see through rainbow mane and a sun for her cutie mark.

"Luna Are you all right? I was just worried about you since you have been very secretive these past few days." Celestia asked with concern.

"Uhm....Yeah....I am alright thanks for asking." Luna's eyes strayed to her armoire. Mina was peeking through a crack in the door.

"Luna are you hiding something?" Celestia looked around her sisters room.

"Uh no......" Luna smiled nervously. What would happen if Celestia found out about Mina.

Suddenly a sneeze was heard from the armoire. Luna's eyes widened in fear. She had been discovered.

"What was that?" Celestia walked up to the armoire.

"Uh....it was...yeah uhm...ACHOO...yep it is pretty dusty in here." Luna said.

"Luna you are a terrible lier." Celestia said with anoyance. She continued an her way to the armoire.

"NO DON'T LOOK IN THERE!" Luna screamed at her sister.

Shocked at her sister's behaivor Celestia froze.

Luna positioned herself between the armoire and Celestia.

"I WON'T LET YOU HARM MY CHILD!" Luna's wings were raised in defence. Celestia looked at the armoir and saw Mani cowering in the armoire.

"Luna calm down, what makes you think that I would harm anypony?"

"But..." Luna started to calm down a little.

"No but's Luna, your being a little irational right now. Now tell me why you were so secretive about this."

Luna sat down and took a deep breath and told Celestia everything that had happened up to this moment.

"I just though that..." Luna was about to finish when Celestia raised a wing to silence her sister.

"Luna you know you can trust me with anything..." Celestia began. " But your reaction was still inexscusable."

Luna braced herself.

"Luna I think that maybe you should raise the child someplace were she won't be overwhelmed by the palace life. So by royal decree I think that you should raise this girl in ponyville where she may at least fit in..." Celestia looked at Mina. "er...well as well as she can that is."

"Ok..." Luna responded.


"Now I expect you to be packed by tommorow morning." Celestia then turned and left the room.

Luna was really glad that she wasn't being punished for her extreme reaction, heck she was also glad that she could still raise Mina. The girl looked at Luna blankly.

"Well my moon beuty things could be worse." Luna said with a smile.