• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 1,626 Views, 10 Comments

Luna's Diary - Nightmare Luna



A diary of Nightmare Moon's 1000 year imprisonment in the moon.

  • ...
2
 10
 1,626

Chapter 4

"Twilight? Twilight?" The pony opened her eyes slowly. Spike was over her with a concerned look on his face. "Are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm ok." She responded, lifting herself off the wood floor of the library. "Could you please repeat what you said?" Spike nodded and pulled the scroll back out again for her to see. She recognized the princess's handwriting right away and started to read aloud.

Dear Twilight Sparkle

My Most Faithful Student,

I have just spoken to Princess Luna, and she has informed me

that her diary has gone missing. I am wishing to know, do you know what may have happened to it?




Twilight shuddered reading it.

"Princess Luna's diary?" Spike asked. "Why would you have anything to do with her diary being missing?" The unicorn sighed and looked over at the book on the podium. The Princess knew now that the diary was no where to be found and she was now worried that Luna would do something horrid or go on a rampage if she found out that Twilight had her private diary.

"Remember when we were in the castle in Canterlot?" Spike nodded. "Well when you ran into the library, Luna and I dropped our books. The books look a lot a like, and so they got mixed up. Now I have Princess Luna's diary!" Spike stared at Twilight for a few seconds, trying to put everything she said together.

"We have the diary of Nightmare Moon/ Princess Luna?" The unicorn nodded her head. The dragon's eyes went wide and began to bite his lip. "Do you know what this means Twilight?"

"I do. Take a letter." Spike ran straight for the desk and pulled out a scroll and a quill. Twilight Sparkle cleared her throat.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I must confess that I do have the diary. The book I had was switched in the commotion in the library. Unfortunately, I am unable to bring the diary back til next week. If you wish, I can bring it to you then.

Your Faithful Student

Twilight Sparkle

Spike finished writing the last of Twilight's letter and rolled the scroll. He quickly went to the window and blew on the scroll, sending it to the Princess.

Twilight began to pace again in the middle of the room. Spike watched her intensely, waiting for the Princess to reply.

After about 10 minutes of pacing, Spike had had it.

"Twilight! Stop pacing! Everything is going to be OK!"

"You can keep saying that Spike, but Princess Luna might try something!" Spike gave her a confused look. "She could turn to Nightmare Moon and terrorize us all!"

"Because of her diary going missing?" Spike snapped back in response. "I'm sure she won't do that!" After he said that, he belched, and green fire and a scroll came out.

"That must be her response." Spike opened the scroll and cleared his throat.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I have arranged to go down too Ponyville and retrieve the diary. Please keep it safe and do not read it.

Princess Celestia

Twilight sighed hearing this. Mostly in relief.

"Ok. Princess Celestia is coming here and will get the diary and everything will be just fine!" The unicorn spoke, breathing heavily.

"See Twilight! I told you everything would be..." Spike didn't finish his sentence. His face became scared and began to sweat.

"Spike?" Twilight turned around, and she also became nervous. Spike was staring at the diary on the podium. It was now open and a Pink pony was found reading it's contents.