• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 1,626 Views, 10 Comments

Luna's Diary - Nightmare Luna



A diary of Nightmare Moon's 1000 year imprisonment in the moon.

  • ...
2
 10
 1,626

Confusion


"Why Twilight Sparkle. It's a great pleasure you came to visit today." Princess Celestia spoke with enthusiasm. Twilight smiled.

"It is always nice to come home every once and a while." Twilight responded. They were walking through the library of the castle where Twilight used to spend most of her time studying or reading. The library had tall shelves that were covered from end to end with history books, reference guides, myths, legends. The pony missed her time in the library, even though she lived in one back in Pony Ville. It had a very nice selection of books but it was maybe half the size of the one in Canterlot where Twilight had grown up and was Princess Celestia's student.

"I'm glad you were able to come and I'm also very happy to see two of your friends as well." They turned their heads to the pink pony making funny faces in the mirror and the other shaking her well done purple back and forth with disapproval. "I can see they are enjoying the visit as well." Twilight laughed as Pinkie continued to stick her tongue out at her reflection in the window. Rarity smiled nervously trying not to snap at Pinkie Pie.

"Well Rarity wished to come so she could see who is wearing what and Pinkie Pie on the other hand." Twilight explained as Rarity trotted slowly over to where Twilight and Celestia were standing. "I'm not sure what she came for."

"Well what for ever reason, I'm glad they came along with you and Spike." Once hearing the name of her assistant, she looked all around the room. Spike, the baby purple and green dragon, was no where to be found.

"Has anyone seen Spike?" Twilight asked quickly, looking around the library. Pinkie stopped what she was doing and trotted happily over to them.

"I thought I saw him follow a pony that had rubies." She smiled brightly, her pink mane bobbing up and down as she made each movement. They all laughed knowing that Spike, like all dragons, have cravings for gem stones. In Pony Ville, he doesn't get them much.

"I'm sure he will be fine, as long as he doesn't over stuff himself. He needs to be able to get home." Twilight spoke, concerned for her assistant. "I mean I know Owlicious can take some of Spike's responsibilities."

"Now darling, you know Spike still isn't fond of that owl of yours." Rarity commented, shaking her mane out of her eyes. "Shouldn't we go and find him."

"Your right Rarity, but first." Twilight turned to the Princess. "There is a book I am looking for."

"Why of course my student."

"I'm looking for a book that contains recipes for potions for health purposes." The Princess nodded and closed her eyes. After only a second, the horn on the top of her mane began to glow brightly. It stayed like that for only a moment, for a book had come around the corner and floated right in front of Twilight. "Oh thank you Princess." Twilight then used her own magic and placed the book into the bag that hung off her back.

"Your very welcome." They started to leave, but once Twilight went to open the door, it slammed open, causing her to fall and the contents of the bag to spill out, along with the book. Two pony servants were in the doorway and they looked to be frightened. One had a black mane and a golden coat while the other had a dark brown coat with a dark green mane.

"My good sirs? What is wrong?" They saw that they were in the presence of the princess and bowed down.

"Your Highness! Please forgive us!" The black maned one spoke.

"It's Luna! We were only cleaning the shelf in her chamber and a book fell over." The other spoke up, scared. "She walked in and now she's..."

He couldn't complete what he was saying, cause Princess Luna herself had come up behind them both. Her purple mane blew over her eye and she glared down at them.

"Luna?" The dark princess looked up at the concerned face of her elder sister.

"Sorry sister. I panicked, that is all." She nodded to the two ponies and they darted down the hallway and out of site. She looked back at the group and saw Twilight Sparkle. "Why hello Twilight. I believe Nightmare Night was when I saw you last." Twilight nodded, still on the floor.

"It is a pleasure to see you as well Princess Luna." The pony was able to get herself up and retrieve some of the dropped articles.

"I apologize. What had fallen was this." Luna pulled out a black and purple book with gold letters spelling out Luna. "This is my diary and I thought they had gone through it."

"Oh my stars. I also have a diary of my own, but it has my cutie mark on it." Rarity spoke, taking a glance back at the purple diamonds that covered her flank.

Luna was going to say something else, but she was startled. The book she held fell to the floor with Twilight's book. They all looked behind her and saw Spike in the entry way.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but the train is leaving soon." Twilight, not realizing the time, used her magic to retrieve the book from the floor and placed it back in her bag.

"I'm so sorry Princess Celestia. I do wish we could stay longer." The unicorn bowed to the Princess and so did Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

"Lets go!" Pinkie exclaimed, hopping down the hallway and towards the front entrance to the castle.