• Published 13th Dec 2013
  • 1,399 Views, 9 Comments

Thirty Minute Sparity Prompts: from SparityLoveisForever - SparityLoveisForever



A collection of Thirty minute Sparity Prompts I've done in an attempt to improve my typing.

  • ...
9
 9
 1,399

A Special Cider For Two (45 mins)

Spike had a long list to go through today. Several of his stops were to several different places around Ponyville. First he had to stop by Sweet Apple Acres, the market square, and lastly Carousel Boutique. It was quite an ambitious day he had planned, but it was nothing compared the evening he was going to give to the most beautiful and generous mare in Equestria.

Arriving at Sweet Apple Acres Spike managed to find Applejack in the orchards and working hard as usual. He was of the mindset that cider season was still a month out, but he had need of a few quarts of it. He had found an old recipe in Golden Oaks for a hot cider drink he wanted to try with Rarity. Applejack wasn't one to give out cider ahead of the season, yet she felt like she should help Spike out. So she told him to grab a bushel and that he'd get the amount she made from it. After bringing the bushel back to the barn; Spike helped Applejack with the remaining prep work, and they managed to get him four quarts from the bushel. He gave her a spherical sapphire the size of one of Big Mac's hooves for her trouble.

With that out the way Spike made his way past several of the ponies selling all sorts of flowers in the market square of Ponyville. He came by Rose's stand who was offering just the set he needed, paying her with a moderate sized topaz. He thanked her for the bouquet of white roses, and went about selecting the spices he would need for the rest of his plan. This all took him about till lunch time, for which he had reserved an amethyst gem. He slowly munched the gem as he checked things off the list in his mind, and then realized he still had to talk to Rarity. He hastily rushed back to Golden Oaks and put his groceries away, then quickly heading to Carousel Boutique.

Upon arriving his hand trembled a bit, and while he had gotten older it hadn't made it any easier to talk to the living dream that was Rarity. He knocked on the door to Carousel Boutique and waited for an answer. “Com-ing,” came a response from inside.

The door to the boutique opened with a blue magical aura, and in stepped the young drake who was met with the usual statement of, “ Welcome to Carousel Boutique. Where everything is chic, unique, and magnifique. Oh, Spikey Wikey, what are you doing here?”

“H, hi, Rarity. I, I wanted to ask if you're free tomorrow evening?” Spike said with a bright smile and his emerald eyes looking into her deep sapphire ones.

“Tomorrow, well I don't see why not. Twilight's in Canterlot again isn't she? Are, you asking me out on a date?” She said with her half lidded eyes. Which fluttered gently as she finished asking the question.

“Umm, Yes. I am, Rarity. I want to go on a date with you tomorrow night.” Spike let it out and it all seemed so easy to say, yet he couldn't help but feel taken away with those amazing sapphire spheres.

“Well, then I shall have to look my best. Will it be best to meet up at the Library then?” Rarity looked slowly over the young drake, always having admired how he had grown even now you'd never know he had been so small once.

“Yes, come by at five. I have a whole night planned.” Spike could hardly believe it, as he moved back out of the boutique he started to head home to get things ready for the next evening.

Night descended upon Ponyville, and was quite calm and quiet. The morning would come quicker than the young drake had anticipated, as he only seemed to have closed his eyes when the sun was shining into his room to wake him. He shook his head and got things ready while he tended to the dusting needs around the Library and helping a few ponies find the right books.

It was about noon, that his regular day was interrupted by the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Who had long since found their special talents. Now all they had to worry about was school work. Which is what brought them to the library today. “Howdy, Spike. We need a book for our report.”

Spike heard Apple Bloom's voice and came down from the upper parts of the library almost immediately prepared for damage control. “Did you girls have a selection of books to pick from or can I suggest something.”

“Teach, just said it had be over one thousand words,” Scootaloo said as she started to run her hooves along the backs of some of the books.

Spike rolled his eyes a bit, but said, “Well, Why don't you pick a Daring Do off the next shelf up, Scoots. Apple Bloom there is an excellent mystery story on the bottom shelf to your back left. Sweetie Belle, why don't you barrow the library’s second copy of the Clover the Clever memoirs. First book Scoots touched.”

All three split up and picked up the books they had been chosen, and then they all took some extra time looking around. Scootaloo managed to knock over one of the larger bookshelves causing all three to bolt shouting back. “Sorry, Spike!”


Spike grumbled a bit starting to pick up the destruction that the Crusaders still managed to wreak even being older. Picking up books and putting them all back, took most of the time till Rarity was about to arrive.

At five sharp Rarity arrived at Golden Oaks library wearing a black dress that hugged her form, and provided a wonderful contrast to her white fur. Around her neck was a golden pendant with a large heart-shaped fire-ruby in it. She had felt it was appropriate for their first date. She knocked gently and Spike almost fell down the stairs trying to get to it. When he opened the door to let her in he could hardly believe his eyes she looked even more amazing than normal if possible.

Rarity had moved into the library. She about to take a seat near the table, when Spike brought her a sitting pillow. The table was in the center of the main floor, on top of the table was a vase filled with the bouquet of white roses. Spike moved around her to get their dinner which was a simple salad, his salad was topped with a few emerald shavings. Rarity noticed the roses in the middle of the table as her favorite kind. The pair spend the evening talking as old friends tend to do, and before long the night was wearing on.

Spike had moved back to the kitchen to get the special brew he had promised her for a drink only moments before. He used his dragon breath to heat up the pan he held in his hand with apple cider, some maple syrup, and a small collection of spices including cinnamon. After heating the drink to the appropriate temperature; he poured the liquid into two mugs, and slowly brought them out to the table setting down, saying, “Be careful it's a bit warm.”

Rarity just smiled and slowly took a sip from the cup and while the warm liquid rushed over her lips she could tell it was apple cider yet it was warm and like a bright fire in winter it seemed to fill body and soul. “Oh, Spike this is wonderful. Where ever did you find something like this?”

“In a book actually. Though it tastes delicious I'm glad I could share it with you.” Spike smiled and returned to his own cup.

Rarity set her's down on the table and moved her self over to him putting a hoof against his chest she said, “I spent all my time looking for prince charming. When I already knew him.”

With that Rarity pressed her lips to Spikes, and the pair kissed very tenderly spending the rest of the night in each others hooves and claws.

Author's Note:

Thank you again for reading my submissions. Did 45 mins really make a difference over 30?