• Published 13th Dec 2013
  • 1,399 Views, 9 Comments

Thirty Minute Sparity Prompts: from SparityLoveisForever - SparityLoveisForever



A collection of Thirty minute Sparity Prompts I've done in an attempt to improve my typing.

  • ...
9
 9
 1,399

Lady in Red (45 mins)

The Grand Galloping Gala, Equestria's premiere dance and social obligation, for anypony who wanted to be anypony. Ever since the first one Twilight Sparkle attended it has become more of a loose occasion rather than a completely uptight affair. Tonight was no exception for the embodiments of the Elements of Harmony would all be attending this year. All of them were to arrive with their own date which lead to separate travel arrangements. The night was still young when the first five pairs arrived just in time following this order: Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry, Fluttershy and Big Macintosh, Applejack and Post Haste, Rainbow Dash and Soarin, and Pinkie Pie with Cheese Sandwich. The last pair were fashionably late on Rarity's account. Since she was always one to make sure to be on the cutting edge of fashion.

When the last carriage pulled up it was only five minutes behind. The same pair of males were pulling the front of their cart from Ponyville that had almost five years when Rarity first went. The First one out of the carriage was Spike having arrived to the ball with the lady of his dreams. Spike stepped out first so that he might help Rarity down from the carriage in her brand new dress. He had worked up the courage to ask Rarity this year and she had accepted which caused his heart to soar. Spike had smiled as he looked over her beautiful new dress. It was a bright ruby red ensemble that had impressive flowing ruffles in a heart-shaped dress, a similarly shaped chest line, and every step she took radiated red from the rubies she used for the accents. Just above her chest line was a golden chain with a marvelous and flawless fire-ruby at the center of the necklace. Rarity's dark purple curls were in perfect curves accented only by a single white rose just above her ears.

“May I say again just how beautiful you look this evening, Rarity?”Spike smiled as he held her hoof softly with his claws happily helping her down to the ground.

“Spi~ike, no need but thank you again for offering to take me this year.” Rarity looked over at him and gave him a gentle kiss on his cheek.

“Of course my lady. Shall we away I'm certain you'd like to be dancing after we meet up with the others.” Spike smiled and just continued with her into the main part of the castle where the rest of their group should be.

When they got the main hall the Princess's were busy greeting guests as always though there was quite a more significant queue for Luna this year. Spike and Rarity soon found themselves in front of their friends and their current significant others. They all looked so happy and soon they were all headed to the VIP section. Once they arrived there they seemed to split off into their own little groups Twilight and Flash appeared to be getting some of the gala snacks some of which were provided by Sweet Apple Acres this year. Big Mac and Fluttershy went to see if Philomena was alright as she and Fluttershy hardly got to see each other. Rainbow Dash and Soarin were relaxing a cloud above the garden quite happy enjoying themselves. Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sanwhich were in a discussion at the punch table trying to determine who could say more with punch in their mouth and Applejack was just enjoying a walk through the gardens with the athletic postal stallion Post Haste.

Spike and Rarity had soon found their way to the dance-floor, where Octavia and her orchestral band working the crowd from the stage. They were playing a favorite song of the pair and soon pony and dragon were dancing together in the middle of the dance-floor moving in perfect unison. They were always s meant to be together, and everypony could see it from the way they were dancing. Together dancing looked easy simple fluid motions. They could feel the music and they danced to the beat better than Twilight could ever hope to. They finished the current song in a dramatic pose and there was a round of hoof stomping for both of them and for the band.

“You, you, you Tramp. How could you even possibly love a … a Dragon!? He's likely only got a meal on his mind when he looks at all of us. * hic * I'd be better than him for you.” The hard cider had clearly affected Prince Blueblood. He had clearly seen their exhibition on the dance-floor and only wanted to cause trouble.

“May I handle this my dear?”Spike said as he looked to Rarity with loving eyes.

“Sure, Spike. He can't bully anyone any more.”She looked back at her friendly dragon with love in her own eyes.

“Prince, You hardly look befitting of such a title. You hardly talk like one to be. I may snarky and sarcastic from time to time, but you don't deserve everything on a silver platter. Rarity has found someone she loves after a long search. So If you want to degrade me I'm fine with that. But she is not a tramp! Nor any other form of vulgarity your mind can come up with. I would ask that you leave us alone you're ruining a good time for everypony.” Spike said very eloquently.

Most the ponies where gathered around the dance-floor could feel the tension as the prince stood their flabbergasted, much like if the dragon had shove a lance straight through his heart. In a fit of rage Blueblood charged at Spike full bore. His horn aimed for the heart of the dragon. Spike had only moments to act as the whole room watched astonished. He turned his back to the charging unicorn and braced his legs like he would if he was going to knock down some apples. Soon there was the sound of something breaking. Prince Blueblood had shattered his horn against the nigh impenetrable scales of the dragon's backside. Soon the the EMP's were taking Blueblood to Canterlot Central Hospital.

Princess Celestia and her guard came to investigate soon after and asked for eye witness accounts. Only a few of the ponies around didn't speak up as to what happened. Rarity was the first to come to Spike and moved her hooves around his body. “Oh Spike you were so brave. I was very worried he might hurt you.”

“Thank you, Rarity. You're ok though aren't you?” Spike said looking back at Rarity with concern.

“Spike, I'm just fine, But why did you just stand still.” Rarity said with tears forming in her eyes.

“If I didn't he'd have ran into you and I didn't want that to happen again.” Spike said holding her back gently and turning his muzzle to kiss hers. With everypony mostly aware of what happened the party got back into full swing though one small piece of the horn was now lodged in between two of Spike's scales.

Author's Note:

(A/N)

EMP = Emergency Medical Pony. Also I believe I feel I said it somewhere in my description or one of my earlier posts if Everypony wants me to continue any of the lines of thought here just let me know which one and I'll either make a second one or try to even give it a whole story when I have the time.