• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 963 Views, 31 Comments

Call me Dick - Raymanguy



These are the misadventures of Richard "Dick" a genius by birth, slacker by choice, as he makes his way in life in the world of Equestria.

  • ...
4
 31
 963

Cloudy Day Coversations 1

The midday sun shone brightly on the pair as they lay on their backs on the top of a grassy hill, watching the sky. Rainbow Dash and Dick were not the closest of friends, a lot of their interactions with one another ended in yelling and bickering. However, no matter what happened at any other time, they always had time to watch the sky. It was their part of their daily routine. They never planned it though, just everyday at around the same time, they would end up at the same place and watch the sky. Clouds drifting by in their assigned air currents was always a great way to pass the time, a time of quiet occasionally broken by words. These are those words.

~~~

"Hey, Richard."

"Yeah?"

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

Dick tapped a finger to his chin, "Nope."

~~~

"Hey, Dash. I've been meaning to ask you something."

"What?"

"How do you get paid?"

"Uh...what?" she said raising an eyebrow.

"Your job is to help control the weather, right?"

"Well duh."

"Then who pays you?"

"I don't follow."

"Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity are the only ones with jobs that involve sales, thus a clear source of income. With you, Twi, and Fluttershy however, you just seem to have money. Twilight doesn't charge late fees for books, she doesn't even give due dates. Fluttershy takes care of a ridiculous amount of animals and buys them food and things but that's it. Then there's you, you move clouds and help regulate the weather. I was just wondering where your money comes from."

Rainbow nodded to his logic, "You've clearly given this way too much thought."

"I've been laying on a hill watching clouds for roughly three hours. I've clearly got the time to think a lot of things out."

"No agruement here."

"So how?"

"Pfft, I'm not telling."

"You're doing that just to spite me, aren't you?"

"Yep."

~~~

Dick pointed to the sky, "See that one there, Rainbow."

"Yeah."

"It looks like a rocketship, right?"

"Um yeah, sure. Just one question."

"What is it?"

"What's a rocketship?"

~~~

"It was hooves down the best one in the series." Rainbow stated matter of factly.

"I'm sure it was."

"I mean, who can say it wasn't the best."

"I'm sure Twilight would find a way but I don't care."

"Come on, when Daring got hold of that golden goblet she'd been after for three books, it was so awesome! Then there was-"

"Again, I don't care."

"-and then that wall fell down, knocking her out and she woke up on a lab table-"

"You're not even listening to me, are you?"

"-and then had to break out and find the ruby dagger which was hidden in-"

"Hmm, the Wonderbolts are terrible."

"-but Bucky busted in and stole the satute of-"

"Ok then. Cloudsdale is the worst city in Equestria.

"-after the Clan of Anin captured the Lost City of Teropia, Daring had to-"

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

"-so she had to sneak around the guards to the temple but when-"

"Alrighty then, Daring Do sucks."

"WHAT!"

"Got your attention now, do I?"

~~~

"Hey, wanna race?"

"No Rainbow, I do NOT want to race."

"Why? Is it because you know you'll lose?"

"That and last time I agreed to race you, in the first few seconds you literaly sonic rainboomed me to the other side of town, not to mention halfway into Everfree."

"Oh yeah, but I mean come on, it wasn't that bad."

"I couldn't hear for a week. I still get ringing in my ears."

Rainbow rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath, "Pfft, weak."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Whimp."

~~~

"What was it life like before you came here?"

"Well , when I did get sent here, my hoodie was wrapped around my waist and partically shoved down my pants, my shirt had several long tears, and I was holding a unopened jar of peanut butter. I'll let you take a guess about how my life was."

"Uh Dick,"

"Yeah?"

"You didn't answer my question."

Author's Note:

I hope you like this chapter and/or at least thought it was a little funny. I think I'm getting better but I'm not sure. I plan on having another one or two of these types of conversations between Rainbow and Dick, just later on so this is the first. Tell me if you have an idea of how I can improve. And again, Thank you for reading!:pinkiehappy: