• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 963 Views, 31 Comments

Call me Dick - Raymanguy



These are the misadventures of Richard "Dick" a genius by birth, slacker by choice, as he makes his way in life in the world of Equestria.

  • ...
4
 31
 963

Time to Get Up

"Seriously, Rick. It's time to get up."

"No," He grumbled through the book lying on his face. He was laying on the sofa upside down, his legs hung over the top and his head less than an inch from hitting the floor. The book somehow sat perfectly still as he spoke.

"Why are you sleeping in the main room anyway?"

"Because my actual bed is upstairs and I wasn't upstairs when I went to sleep. What does it matter?"

"It doesn't I suppose, but what does is that you get up."

"And why, pray tell, must I do that?"

"Because we both promised Applejack to help prepare for cider season."

"I remember no such promise."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Rick, you really need to get up now."

"Twilight, do you have any idea what time it is?"

"Of course, it's ten AM."

"Exactly, I only went to bed, like," He paused and counted by flipping up one finger at a time, "fourteen hours ago."

"Hmm, do humans hibernate?"

"No."

"I thought not, so you have to get up Rick."

"Stop calling me Rick. I sound like jerk."

"Well, you're acting out that role splendidly."

"Bah," Dick flipped himself so that he now was laying length-wise on his side, resting his head on his hands.

Twilight trotted round to the front of the sofa, "Am I going to have to go get Rainbow Dash and have her wake you up like she did last time?"

Dick rolled so his face was now full of cushion, "Your idle threats amuse me, Twilight Sparkle," He mumbled through several inches of cushion, "But you know that in the time it would take for you to get all the way to Rainbow's house, wake her up, and get back here, that I could do some really terrible things to the organizational system of this library and still get back to sleep."

Twilight glared, "You. Wouldn't Dare."

He turned and looked her in the eyes, a sly smile creeping it's way across his face, "Try me."

Twilight stomped a hoof, "Oh you're going to get up," A smile formed, "And you're going to get up right now."

He turned his away from her, "And how are you going to manage that?"

"Like this." Her horn ignited.

~One Minute Later~

Spike let out a yawn as he made his way sleepily downstairs, his eyes half lidded in disinterest. Once he reached the bottom of the stairs, he turned to see one lavender unicorn lifting a one human, who was clinging on to the sowed-on sofa cushion for dear life, feet first vertically into the air.

"Come on, Rick. Let go."

"Never!"

"Why do you have to act like such a foal?"

Spike sighed, "Morning."

Twilight turned to see him, her spell never wavering, "Good morning Spike. I already put the coffee on,"

"Thanks,"

"You ok?"

"Yeah, just tired. Need some coffee," Spike turned to leave but stopped, "Oh Twilight, you could just lift the sofa too."

Twilight smiled at him gratefully, "Why thank you, Spike."

Dick, looking at Spike upside down, glared at the drowsy dragon, "I hate you, Spike."

Spike chuckled as he headed toward the kitchen, "Good morning to you too, Richard."

Author's Note:

A short funny chapter. Well, I hope you thought it was funny otherwise I'm just wasting my time...and loving it!:pinkiehappy: This was going to be longer where Twi drags him out and a bit more dialogue but that ending felt right. Tell me what you think or how you think I could improve. Thanks for reading!