• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 602 Views, 25 Comments

A Great And Powerful Feeling - bakersong



Cherry Pie a simple Earth Pony mare goes to a traveling magic show. Once the show begins she's immediately stricken by the blue unicorn mare. And the same could be said for the Trixie.

  • ...
2
 25
 602

The Great Show

She was closing up her pie shop when a traveling wagon rushed past her and sent a bunch of flyers out. Curious she picks one up and noticed that it was for a traveling magic show, the star claiming to be the most powerful unicorn in all of Equestria. Though she chuckled to herself for a minute, she did want to see the show anyways.

"Looks like somepony is interested in seeing that show." A voice said from behind her.

"Oh, hi Tropic." She said turning around knowing who the voice belonged to.

"Sup Cherry, so are you going to that show?" Tropic asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah I am, though we both know who the real most powerful unicorn in Equestria is. I mean she only saved this town, and even Equestria itself from Nightmare Moon with her help." She replied with a smile.

Her and Tropic have been best friends for a long time, they practically grew up together. They were next door neighbors for awhile before they moved out, but their friendship remained the same. Though they did try to date at a point it didn't work out between them.

"Yup, yeah i'm just gonna go to see it just to see what kind of magic this show mare does." He said.

"Well looks like we are on the same page then." She said and started to walk in the direction of the wagon went. "Come on you slow poke, I think it was headed towards the center of town!"

"Oh you little cheater!" He called as he galloped to catch up.

They quickly made their way towards the center of town having fun with their race, and by the time the got there a small crowd had already formed. But luck for them the crowd wasn't that big yet so they managed to get a front row spot. Not soon after more and more ponies started to show up, including the bearers of the so called Elements Of Harmony.

"I think the show is about to begin." Tropic whispered into her ear.

"I think you're right." She whispered back.

---

"Come one, come all! Come and witness the magic of The Great And Powerful Trixie!" The wagon suddenly bust open revealing a stage and a blue unicorn stepped out, or poofed out in a more of a show off way. "Now you've all been graced with Trixie's presence she will show you amazing feats of magic!"

She then goes into doing some magic tricks, which included some pretty basic stuff that a lot of even young unicorns could do. But there were some neat little tricks, but most of those ones seemed to show up the mares who went up there. Though they couldn't say that they didn't deserve it a little, seriously this is what this blue mare does for a living.

They had no right to say she's a big time show off, when they interrupted her performance and showing off their little tricks. But when she was doing a particular trick she couldn't help but to see a violet colored mare, with a dark red mane clapping her hooves together. For some reason seeing this mare clapping made her blush.

'Why am I blushing when I've done this performance at least a hundred times?' She asked herself as she focused on doing her next trick.

But yet again her attention was drawn back to the violet mare in front after doing the trick and blushed yet again. This time they made eye contact though and she got a clear view of the sea blue eyes and nearly lost herself in them. But she quickly broke the eye contact and tried once again to get back to her performance.

---

"Man though she seemed a bit self centered she was pretty good, and pretty cute to. Don't you agree?" Tropic asked giving Cherry a playful nudge. "Hey you gonna answer?"

"Oh, what?" She asked breaking out of her thoughts.

"I was just asking if you thought that mare was cute or not?" He asked again raising an eyebrow like he normally does when he knows what she was thinking.

"Oh, umm yeah she was, umm cute alright." She said blushing and looking away.

"Please, I know better. I saw the way you were clapping and cheering, and the way the two of you looked at each other. Love at first sight, no doubt about it." He said in confidence.

"Hey, I just said I thought she was cute." She said in a pout.

"Yeah right, with the way you were looking at her flank during the show? And don't even get me started on the little eye contact that you two shared in the middle of her show." He said. "That and I know she was checking you out as well."

"She was checking me out?" She asked letting her fake anger slip a little in her excitement, and she remembered and put on her act again but she was already blushing.

"Oh, yeah she was giving you glances all throughout her show. How about we head back and you two can talk?" He asked with a slight smirk.

"You know what, just to prove you wrong let's go back. How about this, if me and her don't hit it off you buy three of my most expensive pie's." She said.

"Alright, and what if you two do hit it off?" He asked.

"Well what do you want then?" She asked back.

"How about you help me with my practice flying?" He suggested, and she gave a nod in aggreament. "And by the way, I knew you liked her. Why else would you want to prove me wrong this way?"

"Shut up." She said, which only made him laugh.

"Come on, tell me how much you like her. You know you can't hide these things from me." He said after finishing laughing.

"Well I think she's..." She mumbled something to quietly for him to hear.

"You think she's what? You need to speak up." He said with his trade mark smirk.

"I think she's hot okay?" She said looking away in embarrassment.

"There ya go, now tell me do you have a crush on her or not since she's hot?" He asked in a very teasing voice.

"Will you stop teasing me? Yes I do have a bit of a crush on her, but that's none of your business." She said pointing her nose to the sky.

"So what will you do if she likes you back? Are ya gonna keep her after class to give her a special punishment?" He asked.

"You know you're a real pervert." She said trotting ahead.

"Yeah I know, but you can't blame me for wanting to know what your going to do if she shares your feelings." He said.

"Well I don't know, maybe ask her out if she doesn't ask me out?" She said shrugging her shoulders.

"I hope that does happen because it's to late to turn back now." He said pointing to the wagon that was now closed up, but a light was coming out of it.

Author's Note:

This story takes place when she first arrives in Ponyville in Boast Busters.