• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 662 Views, 42 Comments

The Journalist - redspark



A normal journalist who works for the Newspaper suddenly finds herself into something she really didn´t expected to write about. In the low places of Canterlot she must seek a way to make her stories more interesting, but how?

  • ...
1
 42
 662

Trapped and Locked

Chapter 28
Trapped and locked

The steady sound of dripping water made Silent's ears twitch. He gasped as he woke up, jumping up. He immediately regretted that action as a sharp pain flowed all through his front leg. He cried out in pain, falling back down to the floor. He closed tightly his eyes as the pain numbed all of his senses. He waited for the pain to subside.

He slowly opened his eyes as his leg calmed a little. He finally looked at his surroundings, careful not to move his leg.

He was on a cell just like the one Shadow had locked the ponyhood in not long ago. The cell itself was made out of solid stone apparently carved into rock, probably a mountain. He guessed he was below Canterlot. The bars seemed solid steel, which was the most obvious case. The cell was square and had nothing at all, not even a bathroom. It was a completely barren.

Silent sighed as he lowered himself to the floor. He would have tried the door, but by the look of it it was well locked. No chance getting it opened, at least from the inside.

He felt his stomach hurt and plead for something to eat but, obviously, there was nothing. He groaned in pain as he accidentally moved his leg, feeling as the pain enveloped his body. He waited for the pain to subside again. He sighed and closed his eyes.


Seconds later he heard the rattle of keys opening the door. He jumped to his feet, careful not to use his bad leg. He moved beside the door and prepared to strike whoever was on the other side. The door sung open and Silent jumped, knocking a shadow pony down. Silent then immediately kicked another pony. He felt a punch on his back and then he felt his side against the cold stone wall. He looked at his attacker and moved away seconds after the pony threw him another punch. Silent pushed him backwards, sending him a kick of his own to the head.

The pony crumbled to the floor.

He looked around for any other attacker or foes nearby. When he saw nothing he relaxed. After a second he slowly moved towards where he believed there was an entrance. Just then he heard a click behind him. That could only mean one thing...

He turned and saw a shadow pony with a gun pointed at him.

"Alright, now; you will do as I say or you know what I'll do, filth!" Shadow looked around for any possible way of defending himself.

There was a metal plate laying on the floor. If he managed to be fast, he could escape the shot and, as the pony charge the gun, he could strike him with the metal plate.

He posed into a fighting stance.

"Alright, let's do it your way then." The shadow said. Silent managed to jump aside just as the bullet missed his head by inches. He took the metal plate and quickly moved to strike the pony.

Everything slow led down as the metal made contact with the pony.

He fell down with a grunt, the weapon falling to the ground already charged. He stared for a couple of seconds at the weapon, deciding if he should take it.

With it he would feel dirty, it was no fair... But without it he would be inferior in armament. After some hesitating he took it carefully. It felt much heavier than he thought it would he. Looking in the shadow pony's cloak he found a small bag of bullets for the gun. He took it and slowly walked away.

After finding the door out if the dungeons he was in he saw were he was...

Shadow's secret hideaway!

He gulped and walked slowly.

He had searched for Nimble on the cells but she hadn't been anywhere. Silent had decided to search in whichever building he was. Apparently the situation had become more complicated.

After some time he began to feel that something was wrong. Why was no other pony around? That wasn't normal, and that made Silent even more cautious.

He heard hoofsteps behind and quickly spun around, ready to shoot.

He immediately stopped himself, because there, in front if him, was Nimble Hoof.

He felt a wave of relief immediately, until he noticed how pale she looked. He then also noticed the ponies behind.

"Great job Silent! I am definitely surprised about this. Even thrilled I must admit." Shadow said, strapping forward. "Though I am a little disappointed at how easily we found you and how shocked you looked. I mean, you should have seen your face!" He walked a step forward but Silent immediately rose the gun. He heard the click of a gun being loaded and saw a gun lifted magically pointed at Nimble's head.

"Now now, Silent. No need to be aggressive." Shadow said, apparently indistirbed by the gun pointing at him. "Now, put that gun down."

Shadow kept it up for some seconds before making a defeated groan and leaving it on the floor. Still, he remained readied for anything. For all he knew, his friends could be on their way.

"Now, that is better." Shadow said. The dark brown unicorn took Silent's gun with his magic and threw it away. Slowly, he approached Silent. Once both were close enough, shadow stopped smiling.

"Now you will come with me."

•~• •~• •~•

Silent fought against the cuffs that now had him lifted from the ground in an uncomfortable position. He was a little worried that the magic holding him up in te air finished, as the shackles he was in were floating on the air, apparently being hold in place by some magical force.

He struggled again as the door to where he was in opened. Two ponies stepped in, on holding a gun against the other.

"Alright, move." Said the shadow pony. The one in front moved until he was on a place beside Silent. The shadow pony took some cuffs just like the ones shadow had and placed them on the pony's hoof. "Now stand on your hind legs." The pony did as he was told. As soon as he did that, the shadow pony lit his horn and the pony rose a few feet above the ground as silent was. The pony turned and went to the door, closing it as he left.

Shadow looked at the newcomer. Even though he was looking down, the pony seemed familiar. Shadow tried to get a better view.

"I know you." Shadow said.

The pony looked up, still not looking at Solent.

"And I know you." He responded.

Silent's hair stood up for some seconds. He knew that voice.

Metal Mane...

* * * * * *

Nimble opened her eyes slowly. She felt her body heavy and her eyes felt about to close again. She forced herself to look around, noticing her surroundings.

That's when she noticed she was in a bed.

"What...?" She said, opening her eyes wide. She was on a room with a large bed and a glass table with a glass of water and a lamp. There was a really fine wardrobe and the floor had a carpet with a zebrican style.

Nimble slowly stood up, getting off the bed. She stretched her legs and went to the glass of water. She didn't noticed she was thirsty until the liquid touched her lips. She drank it quickly, savoring it with thirst.

After leaving the glass back on the table, she waked to the door. She tried the doorknob only to find that it was locked. She tried it again and again until she groaned in frustration and went back to the bed. She fell asleep almost immediately.

She woke up only to find that the table now had a plate of good and another glass of water. She walked to it and began eating. The food tasted wonderful as did the water.

As she finished the food she heard the door open. She was facing the other way, so she needed to turn.

"Hello Nimble." Day said. Nimble didn't spoke. She just stayed immobile, unsure if what to do. "I hope you are feeling better today." Nimble nodded slowly.

"What do you want Day?" She asked almost in a whisper. Days walked over to her.

"Well, you know why I'm here. The same reason I was at your place before. Please, think about this." He was now inches from her. "I believe that we know what is going to happen, but I just can't bring myself to the threats I told you. I cannot kill you, and I really won't. That leaves me with only one option..." He walked to the other side if the table. "Either you join me or I'll have to keep you locked. Your choice."

Nimble stared at Day's eyes. She wasn't sure why she didn't felt the normal hatred she normally had at him after knowing he was Shadow. Still, she knew what her answer was.

"Sorry Day, but you know my answer well enough."

The stallion nodded slowly. "Yes, I... Feared it was going to be that way. Still, you are a threat to me and my future plans." He walked to the door. "We might talk later." He was closing the door. Nimble reacted quickly jumping at the door.

She stopped the door and tried to tackle Day to the floor. Day was surely expecting that as he quickly pinned her to the ground.

"Good try." He said smiling. "Not good enough." He pushed her inside and closed and locked the door. Nimble started to try the lock and hit the door one time.

"Let me out!" She shouted, despair starting to build on her self. "Day!"

Author's Note:

Sorry fort he long wait. I was busy and it took me some time to publish this chapter. I'll try to make it up for you though. Expect next chapter within next two days!!