• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 1,508 Views, 60 Comments

Sweet Apple - SkyPieIsTheBest

  • ...
14
 60
 1,508

Chapter One

As I look at my stomach in the mirror, I think of my filly or foal that I will have. I look at Big Mac, my husband, sleeping soundly, and smiling. I think about it. In just two more weeks I will have a baby! We don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl, so we’re just gonna have to wait until the week after next week. “Big Mac, I’m going to see my friends at The Cafe.” I whisper.

He nods and I walk out my cottage door. We are trying to move to his house, and we have to get a house built for the two of us and my animals. Angel hops next to me, his food bowl in hand. I smile and I give him a carrot. “There ya’ go Angel Bunny.” I say and I walk out the door.

I see Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash sitting on the haystacks. “Hi girls.” I say quietly and I sit down.

The waiter comes to us, and smiles. “Hello lovely ladies, what would you like today?” he asks us kindly.

I go first. “I would like a Daisy Sandwich with extra daisies, hay fries, extra crispy, soup, three oranges, apple fritters, some potato chips, doughnuts, some leftover zap apple deserts, and a banana and strawberry smoothie.” I say finishing up.

Twilight goes next. “I’ll have a daffodil sandwich and a smoothie.” The rest agree and the waiter goes to tell the cooks.

Rarity looks at me as I eat my sandwich. “What?” I ask as I gulp down.

She smiles when I get my hay fries. “Well, I was just thinking.” She said. “Can I design the baby’s first gown!?” she yelled.

I smiled and nodded. “Yes of course, just make sure that it is fit snuggly, and she won’t trip on it.” I looked at all my food in front of me, and I started to eat. The baby kicks my stomach and I smile. My stomach growls and I eat quickly.

Applejack then comes and sits down. “Hey ladies, howdy, Fluttershy.” She said harshly to me.

I frown and I look at her. “What did I do?” I asked kindly, when she suddenly grew above me.

“Yawl wanna know what ya’ did? You are havin’ a filly with mah big brother! That’s what’s wrong!” she yelled, and sat back down.

My lips start to tremble, and I fly off crying. I fly into a dark alley. I hear Twilight cursing at Applejack. Then I see Applejack running towards Sweet Apple Acres. I follow her home, and I see her slam into Big Mac. “How could ya’! I remember ya’ said that you’d always be there when Ma’ and Pa’ died!” she yells, and she ran inside crying.

I fly to Big Mac, and I looked at him. “What happened to your parents?” I asked slowly.

Big Mac’s lip started to tremble. He brought me over to sit with him. “It all started when Rarity and Applejack were playin’ on a bridge.” I listened, and imagined the story.

“Ha-ha, Rarity, I’m gonna beat ya’ across the bridge!” she yelled to her best friend.

Rarity jumped over Applejack, but she was too quick, and she fell right behind her. She fell too heavily, and quickly so the wood cracked under her. Applejack managed to escape, and she ran to get Ma’ and Pa’. They ran as fast as they could to get Rarity.

Pa’s name was Harlan, and Ma’s name was Honey Blossom. Pa’s cutie mark was an orange. Ma’s was an apple with a heart. Anyway, Ma’ held the rope while Pa’ helped Rarity on the bridge. The bridge snapped and Rarity almost fell when Pa’ threw her and Applejack caught her.

Ma’ held the rope as tight as she could, until, it snapped. They both fell to their death.

“I told Applejack the next day that I would take care of her.” He started to cry.

I put my hoof on his. “You don’t need to go on. I’ve heard enough.” I said and I felt a tear stream down my cheek.

I heard Applejack yelling at Granny Smith, but not with anger, with sadness. She walks outside and she looks at me. “I’m so sorry about your parents.”

“That child better be good.” She looked up at me. “And if she’s gonna be my niece, expect me to be a good one. I’m not loosin’ any pony else.” She looks straight into my eyes, they were red from sadness.

I nod and she walks back to her bucking. “I’m sorry Applejack.” I say quietly, but she hears me. She turns back to me, and frowns.

“What did ya’ say to me?” she asks madly. Her eyes are covered by her hat. She looks into my eyes, and she is crying franticly.

I stare at her, straight in the eye. “I said I’m sorry. I’m sorry for hurting you. I didn’t intend on having a filly!” I yelled at her. “I am going to take good care of my child. I am being honest to you.” I say and I look at her.

“You better. That filly is gonna be important to me. Keep her safe . . .” she was cut off by my wings spreading.

“You think that I am a defenseless little cry baby that would get annoyed with a baby and abandon her! I will take very good care of this filly or foal, and there is nothing that any pony could say to make me stop loving it!” I yell and I stare at my husband. I fly into the air, and I sit on a cloud.

“Fluttershy!” yells Big Mac, but I don’t come down.

I think about my parents. T-they, abandoned me. My eyes flash with their image. My mom’s light brown fur touched my filly face and my light yellow dad was next to her. My dad’s eyes were brown, and my moms were my color. My dad’s cutie mark was a bush. My mom’s was a sun-setting. I wake from my daydream because a sharp pain was sent through me. “Big Mac!” I yell as I fly to the ground.

He runs over to me and yells, “What, what?” he asks me.

“The baby’s ready.”