• Published 9th Dec 2013
  • 1,560 Views, 32 Comments

Sora's Hidden Motives - khandmlpfan



(Warning: This is purely for fun) What is Sora had another reason for leaving the islands? What if he was from another world? Now at the end of his year's sleep due to Namine he remembers the reason and is heading to the stars for his friends

  • ...
5
 32
 1,560

Chapter 7: The Dream Sages and the Nightmares

Location: west hospital wing
Time: a few hours after the fight
P.O.V.: Luna

'It was strange, the one we were most worried about was the one known as rainbow dash... but w- I am surprised that she was the one who woke up first. The boy was probably to be thanked for that, but he has not woken up yet, in fact he seems to be sleeping.

Maybe I should check in on him, and his dreams, it might give me a new look at this boy as to who he is, or what he has done.' All of these thoughts ran through my head as I indeed stared down at the sleeping stallion. He did feel familiar, but it was probably too long ago to remember the face properly.

With a slight sigh, I would close my eyes and let my magic wash over me slowly, the magic slowly making me into a dream specter, a creature who can take any form within a dream. Deciding to stay in my form for now, I slowly slipped through the now visible aura of the stallion's dream, not knowing what I would find in his dreams, or what would find me.

It is also my duty as a dream sage to aid int he peaceful rest and awakening of many ponies. Though it might not seem like it, but there are others out there, floating in dreams who aid other, but there are a few that make it their job to try and give some of them rude awakenings, some even tried to take over the pony's body in real life. In fact, Nightmare Moon used to be like one of these things who caused Nightmares, which is why we gave them the name, Nightmares.

How they tried to take over the pony is that, they find the single thread in their dreams that leads the the pony's subconscious and they pull themselves in, trying to impose their thoughts and ideals into them. It isn't always easy to find the thread, but if they did find it, and depending on who is the one they are trying to control, it would be game over for the pony.

I would shake my head of the thoughts and turn my attention back to where I was heading, and it looked like a beach, the pony must be dreaming about home, or maybe which island he wants to go on vacation.

Or so I thought...

Upon scanning the beach, i found some strange, bipedal creatures, but only two stood out, a red haired child with a white shirt and purple skirt and a silver haired boy with a yellow vest and baggy blue pants. To the left of them, there would be a child pony, sitting down and looking up at the sunset with them, they pony wearing a white and red jacket, one pair of boots mixed-matched with another pair by the looks of it, and red baggy shorts.

They were all on this tiny island that lead to a door that was across a wooden bridge. The small island had a few coconut trees and a strange tree with star shaped fruit on it, the girl was sitting on it, the silver her boy was leaning ont he base of it, and the colt jsut sat int he sand.

The colt turned to the two bipedal things and asked. "So kairi's home is out there somewhere, right?"

The silver boy answered, "Could be. We'll never know by staying here."

"But how far could a raft take us?" The colt replied, curiosity ringing in his eyes.

The silver boy shook his head as he reached out a hand to the sunset. "Who knows? If we have to we'll think of something else." Slowly he let his hand fall down.

Kairi, the girl I presumed, spoke next. "So, suppose you get to another world. What would you do there?"

The silver haired boy looked down in thought. "Well, I haven't really thought about it. It's just... I've always wondered why we're here, on this island. If there are any other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one? And suppose there are other worlds... Then ours is just a little piece of something much greater. So we could have easily ended up somewhere else, right?"

The colt laid back with his arms behind his head. "I don't know."

"Exactly. That's why we need to go out there and find out. Just sitting here won't change a thing. It's the same old stuff. So lets go."

Kairi spoke up. "You've been thinking a lot lately, haven't you?"

The silver haired boy turns to her and smiles. "It's thanks to you. If you hadn't come here, I probably would've never thought of any of this. Kairi, thanks."

She giggles. "You're welcome."

Suddenly the scene starts to change into a more dark tone, the sky was pitch black, and there was an orb of compressed darkness within the sky, my eyes widened as I thought the Nightmares were already on their way. Though, as I looked around, there was no one coming. Not even a flicker of energy from them. All I could see is that on the same little Island, stood the silver haired boy and the colt was rushing towards him.

The colt stopped and looked at the boy. "Riku, where's Kairi, I thought she was with you!"

"The door has opened..."

"What?"

"The door has opened Sora! Now we can go to the outside world!" Riku turns to Sora, smiling a bit.

Sora shook his head and looked to Riku. "What are you talking about? We've got to find kairi!"

Riku looked at Sora, a bit ticked. "Kairi's coming with us! Once we step through, we might not be able to come back." He slowly looked up at the dark orb above him, not flinching.

'So the compressed darkness is part of the dream?' I thought as I watched the scene play out.

"We may never see our parents again. There's no turning back. But this may be our only chance. We can't let fear stop us! I'm not afraid of the darkness!" That is when things got a bit worse as I finally sensed something was wrong. The thing known as Riku gripped his side and stumbled back.

Sora, the colt jumped in surprise. "Riku!? Wait this isn't part of my memory!" I would watch as the colt summoned something, it came from a pure light that formed into a weapon before the light started to fade once more, within the colt's mouth was a giant key in the form of a blade.

I barely noticed this as I could sense a great foe, far stronger than Nightmare Moon, one of the top Nightmares that had recently joined the world of sleep. Slowly Riku's body within the dream started to turn into a rather large dark portal.

Out of it, flying at a high speed came a pitch black, humanoid dragon with red, pink and purple scales adorning it's body, wings, and the celestial ring that hung int he air between it's wings. The ring pulsating in darkness, this was the anti-form of the king of dragons, Bahamut. It was a ferocious beast that here int he dream realm and the physical realm had unmatched strength. My eyes widened and trembled as I saw it, though the power of it was strong, it could not match mine. It is only the looks that held me there, floating as an astral form rather than fly towards the colt who was about to try and force out the intruder.

Location: Dream World - Destiny Islands (the last days)
P.O.V.: Sora

I could tell this opponent was strong as it ripped into my dreams, as I can sense the heart of light of the astral being up above, but this dragon was no match, I have fought stronger before, but something tells me, the scales will be my biggest challenge fighting the dragon creature.

As I stood there, my mission objective popped into my head.

Objective: Find a way around the armor of Bahamut, wait for the right time then strike when his defenses lower.

Immediately I scanned for health as I ran, the creature charging at me first with a strong gust of wind behind it. It's health wasn't that high, at least it was not like that armor I fought once before. Shuddering at the memories of that one fight, I continued, running and then eventually taking flight for an areal assault on the creature.

My wings flapped and my mouth tightened on the keyblade as I charged the creature, it charged at me. An all too familiar sensation hit me, a reaction came up and I somersaulted over the creature and slashed at the celestial circle, hitting it seemed to make the creature scream out in pain before it flew off. I thought to myself, So that is the weak point.

With fierce determination to strike at the circle that was on the back of the beast, but as I closed in, it right hooked me, sending me spiraling to the ground hard, creating a small crater about five feat deep. This left me in a daze, and a cloud of sand obscuring my view at to what the beast was doing. Though by the feeling of high energy levels rising, it was not good if it hit me.

p.o.v. no ones

The dragon let the celestial circle start to spin and absorb the dark energies around it, especially from the orb that was within the child's memories. It lusted for power, and the power and the keyblade would give it much more than it could ever dream of. With determination shining deep within its eyes, it started to charge up the energy into a condensed ball within its mouth. Slowly as it opened it's mouth, the energy started to fluctuate and slowly becomes dark fire.

As it all turns into the dark flames, it quickly opens its mouth and shot out a beam of concentrated energy at the crater the stallion was in. Though as it made contact, something disrupted the blast, making it turn back into the energy that it borrowed form the dream darkness. Slowly as it fades, the dragon saw the bane of it's existence, or at least one of them.

In front of the stallion stood a swordsman dressed in red, a black long sword with yellow trim held out in a defensive position and black glasses hiding the eyes which focused on the dark creature. Slowly the red swordsman reached into the rob it wore over black battle armor, and used an elixir on the stallion. To this, the stallion stood up and looked up, a gasp coming from his annoying mouth as he then said the name of the man. "Auron!?"

It seemed to bring a soft smirk to the red swordsman as he slowly turns to the stallion. "Hello Sora."

P.O.V.: Luna

My eyes opened wide, and I was held there by fear of being obliterated by the power of darkness that was heading towards the boy. The dream energy that the dark aeon had absorbed was more powerful than any she has seen before. Even with her bloodline, she could not survive a blast like that.

That is what I thought moments before I sensed another within the dream, one who easily took the blast without any damage. The human swordsman that I came to know only recently. Sir Auron, a legendary swordsman from the realm of reality, just a dream of the very essence that the dark aeon, and nightmare Bahamut came from, and from what I have heard of his times defeating the dark summon, he was mightier than the dragon, yet why did he come? He has not taken interest in protecting many dreams, but instead kept to himself most of the time.

Why did he come to save this stallion that was in the crater? Was the only thing that I could think as well as I see the man heal the stallion who looked surprised, as if the stallion had seen him before.

P.O.V.: Sora

I could not believe it, it was Auron, but I had no time for questions as he looked to me with a soft smirk and said. "Sora, lets show him, out Bushido."

I would nod and gets up, the kingdom key being surrounded by darkness as it switched to oblivion, a key made out of darkness, yet bends tot he will of light. Taking a stance, back to back with Auron, we let the light charge up between us, our hearts connecting easily as the dragon charged at us, his claws reaching out in an attack to stop us.

It never made it, as it's claws were about to slice through me and Auron, we reacted, and sent it's arm barreling away, making it spin and point it's back as well as the celestial ring towards us. It was stunned, and could not move as we proceed to unleash not a series of different moves, but instead what could only be described as a perfect Zantetsuken, one that could rip through the confines of time and space within the dream realm.

We were in front of it in the blink of an eye, my oblivion key disappearing as Auron's weapon slowly was sheathed. Behind us, the celestial ring and the dragon slowly started to fade in a shower of darkness and pyrflies, as my body starts to slowly fade along with the dream realm I was within. "Looks like our meeting is short Auron, but it is nice to see you again." I would give him a goofy smile as he just nods, a smirk behind his high collar.

Slowly the world of dream left me, and I started to open my eyes, to see the hospital room that I was within. "Even in my dreams, I am a trouble magnet. I better get out of here before I cause more trouble." Smiling as I said that, i would get out of the bed, and put on the items that were next to me, first my vest, then my jacket, then pants with pocket before finally, putting on the final thing, the crown that I hadn't remembered taking off before.

I would run my right fore-hoof on it and smiles, not wanting to part with it ever. It was with me since my birth, ever since I had been forcibly taken away from my first family. The crown, would lead me to them, I just knew it. Without waiting for long, I start to walk out of the room, to find the exit of the hospital, needing to talk to Twilight and her friends anyways about a place to stay.

Little did I know, a princess was slowly forming next to my bed from some smoke that was slowly coming out of my ears, and was frozen, seeing the pendant that haunted her nightmares of the past.