• Published 6th Dec 2013
  • 1,339 Views, 64 Comments

Ponies. Ruin. EVERYTHING! - TDR



Collection of rule 85[ or what ever the rule is that states there are ponies of everything] short stories I wrote while on a super sugar rush. Take nothing seriously.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,339

Storm of the Century

Ponies Ruin Everything
By TDR

Storm of the Century

The voice of Spike fills the air.

“And now breaking news with DJ Pon3.”

A white unicorn with shock blue hair, a pair of purple shades, and what could best be described as a day glow orange pinstriped business suit, stands before a map of Equss with several major cities named.

“What's up ponies, this is your weather mare DJPon3 with..... you guessed it the weather.”

Vinyl grins holding a pointer stick with her magic and pointing at the map.

“As we can see here the weather ponies have really bucked up this time. We've got a massive winter storm headed in that's gonna bury Equestria under a mess of snow and ice.”

The unicorn pony grins as there’s the sound of squeaky pulleys and the faint grunt of what sounds like Spike again as he pulls on some ropes.

A very annoyed looking gray earth pony is lowered down in front of the map. Her black hair was well done though the look on her face is one of rapidly dwindling patience and rapidly growing anger.

Vinyl walks closer slapping a paper snow flake over the dangling ponies cutie mark getting a small growl in response.

“This is about the cookies again isn't it?” Octavia sighs.

“Winter Storm Octavia is set to blow across Equestria leaving fat clouds of snow and heavy sheets of ice and rain across the region. Citizens are encouraged to stay inside and wait out this temperamental storm until it passes. With the weight of all this storm hitting schools and most government agencies are already closing.” Vinyl continues.

“It seem this is about the cookies. I told you I thought I bought them and forgot about them. It is not as if you have purchased anything for the cupboard in the last five years, how was I supposed to know?” Octavia grumbles.

Vinyl ignores her and starts prodding Octavia's belly with the pointer stick she has. “ As we can see here the whole system has a lot of mass to it and is sure to come down heavy....”

“Vinyl you will stop this now or else.” Octavia warns.

“Though some poor fools might consider the noise storms like this will make it's really just an annoying and some what boring collection of noises and hot air. Perfect stuff to sleep though.”

“Vinyl.....”

“For those worried the frigid storm will probably not put out as much as we might think and will be mostly noise and cold.”Vinyl states prodding Octavia's rump with the pointer stick

“That is it!” Octavia shouts struggling free of the ropes and leaps on the unicorn.

“GAHH NO I'M CAUGHT IN THE STORM!!”

“Keep it up Vinyl and there's guaranteed to be at least one fatality from 'this' storm!!” Octavia shouts to the sound of hoof slaps.

======================================

Rarity stares at the screen as Fluttershy sips her tea on the couch next to her friend.

“See Rarity , this is why I don't watch the news, they only report on violence.” Fluttershy states.

Author's Note:

For those who don't know the joke here.

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-octavia-live-updates


If the link fails, Octavia is the feb2015 winter storm.