• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 771 Views, 10 Comments

Booklandia - Surprise The Pegasus



While reading a new Daring Do novel, Rainbow Dash accidentally sends Fluttershy into the story. Literally. Now, the only way she can get out is to make it to the end of the book unharmed. She'll need a bit of help, though. That help comes in Dar

  • ...
5
 10
 771

Booklandia, Chapter 3

Rainbow Dash stared up at her ceiling, a photo of Fluttershy clutched tightly to her chest. Rarity's words played over and over again in her mind, like a broken record. "What happened to her? What happened to her? What happened to her?" The cold winter wind blew throughout her cloud home, but she didn't care. She didn't even feel like this was her home anymore. Fluttershy was her home, not this mansion. The Hearth's Warming Eve Ball was coming closer with each passing day, and Dash had no idea who she was going with. Only if Fluttershy were here... She thought. Dash grabbed her Daring Do novel and flew down to the hospital. She sat in her chair next to Fluttershy's bed.

"Chapter 12. Daring Do struggled in her bonds. Ahuizotl laughed. He then aimed the Shadow Staff right at her, and prepared to fire."

...........

Fluttershy stared up at the night sky. A shooting star streaked across the dark blue sky, lighting up the night. She rolled over and looked at Daring Do, who was sound asleep. Make that 2 good things about this place. Fluttershy thought, smiling. All of a sudden, Fluttershy was being pulled away from the clearing, from Daring Do.

"DARING!! Daring help!" Fluttershy called, before a hand was clamped over her mouth. She was hit over the head, and she fainted. The last thing she saw was Daring Do, still snoozing.

Daring opened her eyes and sat up, yawning and stretching.

"Hey Fluttershy, rise and shi- oh no." Daring looked to her left, then to her right, but Fluttershy was gone. She stood up and began searching all around camp, frantic. "Fluttershy! Fluttershy, where are you!?" She called. There was no response, just the sound of the rustling leaves. Daring launched herself up into the sky, scanning the landscape with a watchful eye. A loud, ear splitting roar disturbed the peaceful silence. Daring snapped her head toward the source of the roar: the Temple of Shadows. She narrowed her eyes.

"Ahuizotl."

.............

Twilight opened Fluttershy's room door, to find Rainbow Dash reading out loud. Dash looked up, and slammed the book shut when she saw Twilight.

"Sorry to intrude, Rainbow."

"It's alright, Twi." Said Dash.

"Well, I just came by to tell you that the Ball is only 3 days away. Rarity would like you to come over to Carousel Boutique for your dress fitting." Said Twilight, bearing a forced smile.

"Dress fitting? Blech. I'll be there in a few minutes." Replied Dash. With a dismissive wave of her hoof, Twilight left.

"See you there. Hopefully." Twilight whispered to herself.

The little bell chimed as Dash opened the front door of Carousel Boutique. Rarity trotted out of her workroom, smiling warmly. Her measuring tape was around her neck, and her bright red reading glasses sat on her muzzle.

"Oh, hello Rainbow Dash! Come right this way." Rarity said excitedly, leading Dash to her workroom. The rest of the mane 6 were already there, chattering about the dresses and the Ball. They all seemed genuinely happy, for the first time since Fluttershy... Miraculously, Pinkie's hair was poofy again. They all looked great. Rainbow surveyed the workroom as Rarity fit the dress on her. Her eyes fell on the mannequins at the back of the room. All of them were bare, except for 1. It wore a see-through gown with a ruffled collar. A piece of gold fabric ran down the back, under a dark orange fabric with an embroidered floral design, with golden shoes and an earpiece. It was Fluttershy's. Dash looked down at her own dress, while Rarity studied her work. Her dress was a blue, see-through dress. It had a cloud, which was situated on her back, with 4 rainbow-colored ribbons flowing out of it, 2 on each side. It was complete with gold, lace-up shoes, as well as a pearl necklace.

"Well Rainbow darling, I think you look fabulous!" Cheered Rarity, clapping her hooves together. Dash just stared at Fluttershy's dress. "Rainbow Dash, are you alright?" She asked. Rainbow looked away from Fluttershy's dress, and diverted her attention to Rarity.

"I'm fine, Rarity." Replied Dash.

"Oh, alright then. I'll go get my dress on, and we can all say that the dresses fit correctly. If anypony needs an alteration, please say so."

...........

Daring flew off in the direction of the Temple, but lowered herself to the ground when another roar met her ears. She then sprinted full speed toward the Temple, the sound of her hoof steps echoing throughout the stone walls. She slid under the stone door the moment before it closed. She now stood in a long hall, with carvings etched into the walls.

"Ok Daring. This is the Temple of Shadows, home of the ancient Shadow Demons. Just stay in the light, and you'll find her and get Ahuizotl." She said to herself. With that, she ran down the shaded hall, staying in light where she could find it. At the end of the hall, basking in the sparse sunlight, was a Bengal Tiger. Daring held her breath and crept behind it, trying to be as silent as possible. She put a hoof down, and there was a loud snap. The Tiger turned around to face her, teeth bared and claws out. Without thought, Daring ran up and gave it a powerful kick. It was knocked back into the shadows. Daring heard it howl in pain, and cringed. She needed to move while the Shadow Demons were busy. Daring took off down another hall.

Fluttershy woke up. She tried to move her arms, but they were chained to a cold stone wall. Her legs were chained as well. She found, however, that her wings were free, and she flapped them quickly.

"Where am I!?" Fluttershy called into the dark room, her voice frantic. Her wings clung tight to her body when she heard someone laugh. "Who are you? Show yourself!" She demanded, pulling on the chains. Then, someone stepped out into the light, accompanied by big cats. It was a blue, cat-like creature, with razor sharp teeth and an extra hand on its tail. Fluttershy started to cry. This...thing was probably going to kill her, and nopony would even notice she was gone. It said nothing: it just smiled at her. It walked up to her, and unsheathed its claws. It brought a paw up to her belly, and clawed a long line down to her legs. Fluttershy let out a loud, long scream, and arched her back. It then reopened the now un bandaged wounds on her legs and chest. Thin lines of blood ran down her body, and started to drip onto the floor. Drip, drip, drip.

............

Rainbow Dash's eyes shot open. Today was Hearth's Warming Eve. She rolled over and looked at her clock. The time was 10:47am. Dash leapt out of bed, grabbed her scarf, and took off. She had hold the girls 9:30 sharp. She landed on Twilight's balcony, and entered the treehouse. She slowly crept down the stairs, and with a loud roar, jumped in front of her friends. Twilight and Rarity both screamed and leapt for cover, while Pinkie laughed, and Applejack gave her a hug. Seeing that it was just Rainbow Dash, Twilight and Rarity exited their hiding places.

"Happy Hearth's Warmin', Rainbow." Greeted Applejack.

"Yeah! It's good that you got here, because Pinkie Pie almost are your Gingerbread House." Said Twilight, gesturing to a table, which was topped with 5 Gingerbread Houses. Pinkie's mouth was watering.

"Gingerbread...mmm...Oh, hiya Dashie! I'm so, so happy you made it! Did you try the hot coco!? Oooh! Ooh! We need to open presents now!! Can we, Twilight!? PLEASE!?!" Begged Pinkie. Twilight rolled her eyes, then looked underneath the decorated tree.

"Ok, since Dash is here." Said Twilight. They all sat around the tree, and Twilight passed out presents. "This one's for Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, Me, and Rainbow Dash." Twilight said to herself, handing each pony a present. One was left sitting under the tree. "Applejack, how about you open yours first?" With that, Applejack tore off the snowflake wrapping paper. Inside was a green knitted sweater, with a yellow "A" in the middle.

"Ah' love it, Twilight. I'll wear it all day." Said Applejack, fitting it over her head and onto her arms.

"Pinkie, why don't you open yours next? You look awfully exited over there." Twilight chuckled. Pinkie was sitting in front of her present, muzzle stuffed into the wrapping paper. On cue, she ripped it open so fast you couldn't see her arms. Her present was a sweater fairly similar to Applejack's: it was light blue with a yellow "P" in the middle. Rarity's was a pale purple sweater with a yellow "R". Twilight's was navy blue with a yellow "T".

"Your turn, Rainbow Dash." Said Twilight. Dash opened her present, and inside was a rose colored sweater with a yellow "RD" in the center.

"It's great, Twi. Thanks." Replied Dash, slipping on her sweater. Rarity and Twilight exchanged glances. Rarity tapped Rainbow on the shoulder.

"Rainbow dear...we all helped make this for you. We're all so incredibly sorry..." Rarity handed Rainbow Dash a scarf. It was light blue on one side. On the other, it was half rainbow and half pink & yellow. On the rainbow end was Fluttershy's Cutie Mark, and on the pink & yellow end was Rainbow Dash's Cutie Mark. Dash got to her hooves, put the scarf on, and hugged Rarity.

"Thank you so, so much. This...means a lot to me."

............

Daring stopped dead in her tracks when she heard a scream. It echoed off the walls, making it difficult to pinpoint where it came from. She went in the direction where the scream was loudest, and battled her way through tribe colts and big cats, all the while dodging Shadow Demons. Eventually, she came to a vast stone chamber. Fluttershy was chained to the wall, unconscious. The words "Daring Do" were carved into her body. Daring flew up to her, and shook her awake.

"D...Daring..." Fluttershy coughed blood onto the explorer, but she paid it no heed. "You have to...leave...it's a...trap..." Fluttershy once again became unconscious.

"Look who it is. Daring Do, that meddling little pest!" A voice hissed. Daring turned around to see Ahuizotl standing before her. In his tail he held the Shadow Staff.

"Let her go, Ahuizotl!" Demanded Daring.

"Now hold on, Daring Do. I have a little preposition for you. You can take the Shadow Staff and be on your way, and leave your little "friend" here with me, or you can take her, and I'll keep the Staff. What do you say?" Asked Ahuizotl, grinning evily. Daring looked at the Staff, then at Fluttershy. She hung there, weak and helpless. She was going to die soon, if she didn't stop bleeding. On the other hoof, Ahuizotl could easily kill off all of Equestria with power over the Shadow Demons. Fluttershy, or the Staff? One, or over a Million? A friend, or a whole Country? Daring closed her eyes tightly and racked her mind for ideas. After what seemed like hours, she opened her eyes and glared at Ahuizotl.

"Give me the Staff." She said. Fluttershy opened her eyes, and looked at Daring. The explorer took the Shadow Staff in hoof, and smiled deviously. Then, she turned and left. How could she just abandon me like that? Fluttershy thought. She narrowed her eyes, her body boiling with red hot anger. "How could you just leave me!? How could you?!" Fluttershy shouted, her weak voice filled with desperation. The anger faded, and was replaced by sadness. It felt like there was something missing inside of her. "I thought we were friends..."

..............

"Only one more Chapter left, Fluttershy." Said Rainbow Dash. Rarity trotted into the room, smiling.

"Rainbow, the Ball starts in 2 hours. It's time to get ready." Said Rarity. Dash looked up at her fashionable Unicorn friend. Rarity was incredibly slow when it came to getting ready.

"I'm alot faster than you are, Rarity. There's only one more Chapter left, alright?" Said Dash. Rarity rolled her eyes.

"I suppose you can finish it. But be at the Boutique right after, alright? Hello, Fluttershy darling. I wish you could come to the Ball with us. Happy Hearth's Warming." With that, Rarity left.

"Now that that's over with: Chapter 26."

...........

Ahuizotl laughed when he was certain Daring was out of earshot. Fluttershy was confused. Why was he laughing? Her eyes widened in horror when he pulled out another "Shadow Staff".

"Hahaha. That Daring Do was never the brightest little protagonist, now was she?" Laughed Ahuizotl.

"Protagonist? You mean Mare, right?" Asked Fluttershy meekly.

"No, I mean Protagonist, you stupid foal! Like the main character in a story." He said. Then, it clicked into place. Now, it all made perfect sense. When Rainbow Dash ran off to "Daring Do" when she got the Ball invitation, she meant to read a book. Daring was the main character in a book series Rainbow Dash liked. She. Was. In. A. Book.

"I...I'm in a book." Fluttershy grew panicked, and struggled in her bonds. "Why am I in a book?"

"Why, I was just testing you, my dear." It laughed again. Fluttershy grew even more fearful. Ahuizotl's voice started to sound less like Ahuizotl, and more like...

"Discord?"

Author's Note:

PLOT TWIST! Hehehe I'm so evil :pinkiecrazy: