• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 1,404 Views, 43 Comments

Shadows of Darkness, Flames of Courage - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to My Little Digimon, Courage is Magic. Tai is teleported to Equestria, again! But this time he's been turned into a pony, and while his team goes looking for him Tai must adapt to life in Equestria. But something evil is about to strik

  • ...
11
 43
 1,404

Nightmare, or Sign of Things To Come?

Scootaloo was sleeping soundly. The same could not be said for Tai. If Scootaloo were awake she would've seen Tai tossing and turning in his sleep.

(Tai's Dream)

"I'm human again?" Tai asked as he observed himself. He was no longer an orange pegasus.

"Tai, thank goodness we found you." a voice called out.

"Guys?" Tai asked as he saw all of his friends and family appear before him "What are you doing here?"

"We've been looking all over for you." Matt said.

"We'e missed you so much." Agumon said.

"Well I'm here now. So you can stop worrying about me. Let's go home." Tai said.

"No Tai. You must stay here." Matt said coldly.

"Wait what?" Tai asked.

"He's serious Tai." Sora said.

"Why would I be better off here?" Tai asked "Don't you guys need me?"

"We do. And that is why we need you to stay here." Izzy explained "If we take you back with us we'll only be delivering you into the hands of whatever evil force is trying to kill you."

"So we voted, and we've decided that you'll be safer here. At least until we defeat the evil force that brought you here." Davis said. It seemed obvious that he was trying to hold back tears.

"You don't have to do this guys! I can't ask you to put yourselves in danger for me!" Tai said.

"Sorry onichan, but our decision is final." Kari said.

"Don't forget about us. And don't worry, we'll be back for you. We promise." Agumon said.

"How can you do this to me? Don't you guys care about the faith of our world, and the digital world?" Tai asked.

"We do." Ken said as he hung his head "And that's why we have to do this. Goodbye Tai." And with that the digidestined and their parnter digimon vanished, right before Tai's eyes.

"No! Don't go! As your leader I order you to turn around this instant! Guys? Guys!" Tai shouted. It was no use. "I'm all alone."

"Just the way I like it." an evil voice said "Noone can save you now!"

"Who are you? Whoever you are, please leave me alone! I don't want any trouble!" Tai pleaded.

"Too bad for you. I do things my way." the evil voice said.

"What do you even want from me in the first place?" Tai asked.

"The obvious answer is revenge! You ruined me!" the evil voice said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tai said. Somehow he felt like that was actually a lie, but he didn't know why.

"Oh, you know all too well what you did." the evil voice said "But I shan't say anymore! There's no where left for you to run! And noone's gonna miss you! GOODBYE FOREVER CHILD OF COURAGE! SAY HELLO TO DEATH!"

Tai shut his eyes and waited for the end to come. But it never did, there was a loud noise, and a sudden blinding flash. When he opened his eyes there stood a familiar face. A dark blue alicorn with a flowing purple and blue mane and tail. "Princess Luna?" Tai asked.

"Indeed. I see my appearance pleases you greatly." Princess Luna said calmly.

"It sure does." Tai said "But why are you here?"

"As you know I am the princess of the night. One of my duties is to visit the dreams of my subjects, and help them out. And from the looks of things I'd say I was just in time." Princess Luna explained.

"So this is all a dream?" Tai asked.

"Indeed it is." Princess Luna said "Touch your surrondings if you don't believe me."

"I think I'm good." Tai said. Then a thought came to him "So where were you the last time I was here and I was having a bad dream? Shouldn't you have helped me then?"

"I am afraid that I could not enter your dreams last time, because you were not one of my subjects." Princess Luna explained, a hint of sorrow in her voice "This time is different. For some reason, now that you are a pony I am able to enter your dreams. And it looks like you have quite the intresting ones. Then again I suppose that is to be expected with all of the adventures you've been on."

"No kidding." Tai said. He felt much better now that Princess Luna was around.

"But I'm afraid I can't stay for much longer. There are other ponies who need my help with nightmares." Princess Luna said "So I shall leave you with the same message I gave to Scootaloo. You must face your fears, or thse nightmares will continue."

"What fears?" Tai asked.

"You should know what they are by now Taichi Yagami Kamiya." Princess Luna said sternly.

"You know my full name?" Tai asked.

"Indeed I do." Princess Luna said "Now I must be going. Remember, you must face your fears!" And with that the princess of the night disappeared. Tai awoke with a start.

"Are you o.k. Tai?" Scootaloo asked innocently "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

"Well I didn't see a ghost, but I saw something just as shocking." Tai said.

"Let me guess Princess Luna visited you, didn't she?" Scootaloo asked.

"You know?" Tai asked.

Scootaloo nodded. "She comes to visit me in my dreams on occassion. Sometimes to help me out, and sometimes just to talk." she explained "Just recently she told about this really weird dream Twilight had. It involved a magic mirror, and humans."

"Sounds like my dream about that Willis kid." Tai said.

"Yeah." Scootaloo said "And get this. Lately all of Spike's dreams involve these so called 'Power Ponies'. Because he actually got sucked into a comic book featuring them."

"I never knew Spike was into comics." Tai said.

"Well he is. But that comic book, and the place it was published disappeared after Spike got back." Scootaloo said.

"Intresting." Tai said.

"Yeah. But I've talked too much. Let's go back to sleep." Scootaloo said.

"Or at least try to." Tai said. Princess Luna's advice still lingered in his mind. Just what did she mean by "face your fears"? What sort of fears did she mean? And could it that nightmare have been a sign of something?

"Curses." an unknown voice muttered to itself "And I was so sure I had him. But that puny Princess Luna got in my way! Oh well, this is only a minor setback. My plan is almost complete anyway."

Author's Note:

Yup, "Equestria Girls" is just a dream in my headcanon.

And in case you're confused. Spike didn't dream up the events of "Power Ponies" (the episode), but he's been having dreams because of the events.

Also that unknown voice is the big bad. The same big bad that brought Tai to Equestria, and will be behind the events of the upcoming chapters. Stay tuned to find out who it will be.