• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 1,404 Views, 43 Comments

Shadows of Darkness, Flames of Courage - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to My Little Digimon, Courage is Magic. Tai is teleported to Equestria, again! But this time he's been turned into a pony, and while his team goes looking for him Tai must adapt to life in Equestria. But something evil is about to strik

  • ...
11
 43
 1,404

Golden Hope Spot

"Do you see now? You are no match for me." Sombramon said as he continued to breath his firey breath onto Imperialdramon. Imperialdramon said nothing, he was in too much pain. Sombramon relished in this fact, and thus he failed to notice Rapidmon sneaking up on him "What's the matter? No pity comeback? No bold yet cheesy one-liner? No boasting of any sort? Have you lost the will to go on?"

"How? How can this be happening?!" Tai said "This doesn't make any sense!"

"Oh, but it does." Sombramon said "Who do you think is responsible for all those major threats to Equestria? Surely you didn't think Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Queen Chrysalis did what they did on their own, right?"

"What are you talking about?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Do we even want to find out?" Spike asked.

"You do, but you should be very afraid." Sombramon said "Allow me to explain. It was I who accelerated Princess Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon. Oh sure, she'd been feeling underappreciated before, but it was only after she got a taste of my dark magic that her eventually downfall was assured. Not to mention it was my dark magic that made her so easily open to the influences of the nightmare forces. My dark magic was also at work with Discord's release. After all you should know Princess Celestia enough to know that she wouldn't have waited until Discord was already free to tell you about him. The only reason she did so is because Discord escaped sooner then she anticipated. And it's all thanks to me and my dark magic. Speaking of dark magic, that's exactly what influenced Queen Chrysalis and her changelings into invading Canterlot. They were originally going to invade Ponyville, at a gradual pace."

"But how could you have done all of that if you were sealed away for 1,000 years?" Twilight asked.

"It's simple, your majesty." Sombramon said "Even while sealed away a part of my dark magic remained active. Something that even your precious princesses didn't know."

"That may be, but you will still lose!" Davis said "We beat you once and we can beat you again!"

"Foolish human! Your belief is pathetic, and absurd!" Sombramon bellowed.

"Oh really? Then what do you think of this?! Rapid Fire!" Rapidmon shouted. He shot off missiles from his cannon like arms. Both of them hit Sombramon square in the face. This disrupted his concentration, ending his attack on Imperialdramon, and freeing the powerful Mega.

"Rapidmon?" all of the digidestined except for Ken asked. They could only remember him from that supposed dream.

(Digimon Analyser)

I, Rapidmon, am the fastest Armor digimon you will ever lie eyes on. Few can match my speed, and even fewer can top it. But that's the power of destiny for ya!

My Rapid Fire attack shoots out missiles at a break neck speed. Once they've locked onto a target there is no escape!

(Digimon Analyser complete)

"I hope you like it." Discord said "Just another thing you can thank me for later."

"Are you okay Imperialdramon?" Rapidmon asked.

"I'll live." Imperialdramon said, groaning in pain "Barely."

"Looks like I was just in time." Rapidmon said.

"Indeed." Imperialdramon said "Sombramon packs a wallop!"

"So it seems." Rapidmon said.

"But I think if we work together we can take him down!" Imperialdramon said.

"Are you sure you're up to it?" Rapidmon asked "You took quite a beating."

"I'll manage. Somehow." Imperialdramon said "All the same why don't you lead off?"

"Well if you're sure." Rapidmon said "Don't push yourself too hard now you hear?"

"Rapidmon's right." Tai said "You're our most powerful weapon, we certainly can't afford to lose you. Be careful."

"Okay then. Let's go give Sombramon what he deserves!" Imperialdramon said, flying off.

"With pleasure!" Rapidmon said, also flying off.

Sombramon quickly noticed the two digimon flying towards him. "So there's two of you huh? Well it doesn't matter. You will still lose! Flames of Darkness!" he shouted, spewing out his firey breath. Both Imperialdramon and Rapidmon dodged it. Rapidmon did so easily, but Imperialdramon struggled.

Sombramon noticed this and began to foucs most of his attacks onto the weakend Mega. His intent was to destroy the weak link, and bring everything crashing down.

Imperialdramon dodged as best he could. Sombramon kept him on his toes with his frequent attacks.

"This guy's got some nerve picking on a weakened opponent!" Cody said "That's far from fair!"

"Whoever said I like to play fair?" Sombramon asked "If there's one thing you must know about me, it's that I love to play dirty. Especially when it comes to mind games."

"I've heard enough!" Rapidmon shouted "Ready Imperialdramon?!"

"You betcha!" Imperialdramon said "Let's show this sucker we mean business!"

"Miracle Missile!" Rapidmon shouted. Launching two gigantic rockets from his arms. He also fired off several rounds worth of machine gun fire from the turrets mounted on his shoulders.

"Giga Crusher! Full power!" Imperialdramon shouted, channeling the power of the Elements of Harmony, and the Crystal Heart, into his attack.

"DIE SOMBRAMON!" Rapidmon and Imperialdramon shouted at the top of their lungs as their attacks merged.

"What's this?!" Sombramon asked as the attacks struck him. A blinding explosion ripped through the Dark Ocean, sending shockwaves in every direction. The vibrations brought all of the digidestined, their partner digimon, Twilight, Spike, and their friends to their knees.

"This is crazy, even by my standards!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

"What the hay's going on?!" Applejack asked.

"I have no idea!" Izzy said "I can't see or hear a thing!"

The explosion lasted for quite a while. At least to everyone observing it. Rapidmon and Imperialdramon were panting heavily as they observed their handy work. They could only hope for the best.

At long last the explosion subsided, and the smoke began to clear.

"Did we get him? Did we win?! Is it all over?!" Joe asked.

"Oh I hope you did." Fluttershy said.

"No one could've possibly survived something like that!" Davis said "Sombramon is history!"

"Don't be so sure of yourself, child of miracles!" a familiar voice said "Because history repeats itself, especially when you're not careful!"

"That voice! No, it can't possibly be" Tai and Twilight both said.

"Hi." Sombramon said as the smoke cleared all together. He looked a lot worse for the wear, but he was still standing.

"You survived?!" Pinkie Pie gasped.

"Indeed. Just barely." Sombramon said "Once again my beautiful body that I worked so hard to achieve has been ruined! And it's all thanks to you, you goody goody twoshoes and horseshoes!"

"But that can't be. We put everything we had into those attacks." Rapidmon said.

"We're finished." Imperialdramon said.

"Couldn't have put it better myself." Sombramon said "Now, it's time to say goodnight. Dark Magic Blast!" Beams of dark magic shot out from Sombramon, striking both Imperialdramon and Rapidmon and bringing them down.

"No! This can't be happening!" Tai shouted.

"Do you see now? It's hopeless. You don't stand a chance!" Sombramon gloated.

"That does it! Let's show this joker a thing or two! Ready Patamon?!" Gatomon said.

"As ready as I'll ever be!" Patamon said.

"Then let's do it!" Gatomon said.

"Alright!" Patamon said.

"Are you two nuts?! You won't last five minutes against Sombramon! Even in your Mega forms!" Izzy said.

"We know that." Gatomon said.

"We're doing this to buy you guys some time." Patamon said.

"But what can we do? We've exhausted all our options. We threw everything we had at Sombramon and he survived it." Mimi said.

"Not everything. You still haven't invoked the full power of fusion." Gatomon said.

"What do you mean?" Tai asked.

"It's simple. Fuse Imperialdramon and Rapidmon together. It's your only hope." Patamon said.

"And you think that will work?" Tai asked.

"Well if you've got a better plan I'm all ears." Gatomon said. Tai didn't reply.

"Exactly." Patamon said "So stop talking and start fusing. We'll hold off Sombramon for as long as we can, but the rest is up to you."

"I suppose we've got nothing to lose. Willis, you do think you're up for this?" Tai asked, turning to Willis.

"I guess." Willis said.

(Digivolution)

Patamon, digivolve to, Angemon!

Gatomon, digivolve to, Angewomon!

Angemon, warp digivolve to, Seraphimon!

Angewomon, Mega digivolve to, Magnadramon!

(Digivolution complete)

"Remember the plan guys!" Seraphimon said.

"We'll do our part, but you have to do yours." Magndramon said. And with that the two Megas flew off to confrot Sombramon.

Author's Note:

Yup, a fusion is the answer once again.

Trust me, it will be good.

And of course Sombra just further prooves why he's so dangerous and fearful. And to think that despite how carefully he planned he still lost in "Crystal Empire Part 2"