• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 1,404 Views, 43 Comments

Shadows of Darkness, Flames of Courage - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to My Little Digimon, Courage is Magic. Tai is teleported to Equestria, again! But this time he's been turned into a pony, and while his team goes looking for him Tai must adapt to life in Equestria. But something evil is about to strik

  • ...
11
 43
 1,404

Equestrian 101

Twilight was no slouch in the kitchen. Within minutes she had whipped up a batch of delicious buttermilk pancakes.

"Really Twilight, you shouldn't have." Tai said as he chowed down on the waffles.

"Oh I assure you it's nothing." Twilight said "Seeing as you're stuck here for the time being it's the least I could do."

Those words caused Tai's mood to sink. It hadn't dawned on him til just now, but Twilight was right. There was no way he could get back to his own world. At least for the time being. He could already imagine the panic and worry his disappearance had caused. And all because of one e-mail from someone he thought he could trust. Worse then the time when Matt had fought him against him, beliving that Tai was unfit to be leader, this seeming betrayal stung worst of all.

Twilight quickly took notice of Tai's mood. "Cheer up." she said "Equestria is nice this time of year. There's a lot to see and do."

"I'll bet there is!" Tai snapped "Because you don't want me to leave! Ever!"

Twilight was shocked to hear those words from Tai, even if this wasn't the first time she'd made him angry. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"It's simple, you must think I'm stupid not to notice. You wrote that e-mail knowing that I would be unable to resist it. You brought me here because you can't stand to be without me. And here I thought I told you to move on with your life. I'm ashamed of you Twilight, and I'm ashamed to be your coltfriend!" Tai said angrily, he could already feel the anger welling up inside him, waiting to be let out.

"But I didn't send you an e-mail!" Twilight replied.

"Liar!" Tai shouted.

"She's telling the truth Tai. You've got to believe her." Spike said.

"Stay out of this Spike, this doesn't concern you!" Tai said.

"Tai, please stop! This isn't you!" Twilight said, Her words fell on deaf ears.

"You'll regret sending that e-mail!" Tai shouted, without warning he lunged forward and tackled Twilight hard. Poor Twilight had no idea what do. "This is gonna hurt me more then it's gonna hurt you!" Tai said, bringing up a hoof "And trust me when I say this will hurt quite a bit!"

"Don't do it!" Spike shouted.

"I told you to stay out of this Spike!" Tai said. And with that he prepared to strike Twilight hard. But just as his hoof was about to make contact with Twilight's face he stopped. Twilight was laying there, helplessly on the floor. Looking up at him with tear filled eyes.

"What are you waiting for?" Twilight asked "Hit me! You know you want to!"

"I-I...... I.... can't." Tai said, lowering his hoof and hanging his head in defeat.

"Now there's the Tai I know and love." Twilight said, rising up and planting Tai a kiss on the cheek. Tai blushed so hard his face turned almost entirely red.

"Why did you do it? Why did you stop?" Spike asked.

"Because I could feel the sadness in Twilight's heart. And I realized at that moment that she couldn't be behind that e-mail. Because if she was why would she break down into tears?" Tai explained.

"That makes sense I suppose." Spike said "Just don't ever do that again. You really scared me."

"Sorry about that Spike." Tai apologized, then he turned to Twilight "And I'm sorry to you too Twilight. I overreacted to the situation. Even if you did send that e-mail, which I know you didn't, that didn't give me the right to hit you. Do you forgive me?"

"Of course I do, I can't stay mad at you for long." Twilight said. She and Tai then hugged each other tightly.

"But then, if you didn't send that e-mail, who did? And why?" Tai asked.

"I don't know." Twilight said "But we'll correct this mistake soon enough. I'll just contact Gennai really quick and tell him where you are. Then your friends and family can come and get you." Using some of her most powerful magic Twilight attempted to contact Gennai. But minutes past without any sort of acknowledgement. "I can't contact Gennai." Twilight said at last "Something is blocking communications with Equestria and the Digital World. No doubt whoever's behind all of this is the same so and so that tricked you into coming here."

"Well, looks like I really am stuck here, for now at least." Tai said "Which reminds me. Where am I suppose to stay?"

"You could stay here with me and sleep in the guest bed." Twilight offered.

"No thanks. With this place serving as your palace it would be too akward if the media caught wind of me living here."

"Perhaps you could stay one of my friends houses." Twilight offered.

"Well let's see, I don't really like it roughing it so Sweet Apple Acres is out of the question. I could try Carousel Boutique but something tells me Rarity would be constantly insist on making me dresses. Rainbow Dash's cloud house sounds good, but something tells me she snores, a lot. Fluttershy's cottage is sure to be overflowing with animals, some of which may not be friendly. And I think the Cakes have enough mouths to feed as it is, so Sugarcuber Corner can also be scratched off." Tai said.

"I have an idea of where you can stay!" Pinkie Pie shouted, popping up from out of nowhere.

"Oh, hello again Pinkie Pie. What brings you here?" Twilight asked.

"My 'Pinkie Sense' told me that there was a new pony in town, and I just had to meet him." Pinkie Pie explained.

"So what did you have in mind for my living quarters?" Tai asked. "And for that record, how the hay did you recognize me?!" Tai gasped as he realized what he'd just said. He'd meant to say "Heck", but it had slipped out as "Hay"

"Anyone could recognize a voice like yours." Pinkie Pie said "Anyway Rainbow Dash recently told me where Scootaloo live,s and she could really use a big sister. She's an only child after all."

"But isn't Rainbow Dash taking that role?" Tai asked.

"To some extent yes. But Scootaloo needs someone when Rainbow Dash isn't around." Pinkie Pie said.

"Well, I guess that sounds like a good idea." Tai said "Twilight what do you think?"

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to let you live with Scootaloo." Twilight said "Just try to keep the foul language to a minimum, Scootaloo is still just a child after all."

"Can do." Tai said.

"Oh I'm so glad I'll have somepony to live with me! Even if it's only for a little while." Scootaloo cheered as Tai, Twilight, and her friends finished getting everything set up.

"Hey, do you know what this call for?!" Pinkie Pie asked.

"I think I do, but just in case, tell us anyway." Rainbow Dash said.

"A party!" Pinkie Pie cheered.

"Called it!" Applejack said.

A short time later Pinkie Pie threw a "Welcome back to Equestria Party" and a "Congrats On Becoming a Pony Party" for Tai. Everypony who was anypony was in attendence. Most of them quickly warmed up to the "newcomer".

Several hours later the party was over and everyone left for the night. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Twilight all took the time to warn Tai what would happen if he hurt Scootaloo in any way. shape, or form.

Tai had just finished climbing into bed when an unusual melody rang out across the night sky. "Shoop be doo, shoop-shoop be doo." it repeated over and over again. "What is that? And where is that music coming from?" Tai asked Scootaloo.

"Oh that's just Lyra practicing her lyre." Scootaloo said "I have no idea why she would sing that song though. I've heard someponies say Lyra is a seapony, and that her marefriend Bon-Bon caught her as a seapony in the shower onetime. But that sounds ridiculous."

"I'll say." Tai said. The song faded soon afterward, and Tai and Scootaloo went peacefully to sleep.

Author's Note:

Don't worry, there will be no Scootabuse here.

I gurantee it.