• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 1,860 Views, 18 Comments

Hail to the king, Hail to his Horde - Emo Rainbow



King Verus made a vow to fight for Sera until his dying breath. No matter where he is, and no matter the odds. That is a vow he intends to keep.

  • ...
9
 18
 1,860

Blessing or curse?

Verus watched as Kindle jumped down to stop the spirit from ending his parents. The spirit just pinned him against the wall.

"Pitiful." Was all he said before readying his sword. Just as he brought it down Kindle yelled for him to stop.

"Please! Please stop you can't do this! Kick if your in there stop him!" He yelled. The wide smirk on the body disappeared and it was replaced by a solemn frown. He was struggling to move the sword.

"I won't do this. You can't make me kill his parents. I am stronger than you, your in my body!" He was moving the sword away from them. Verus ran to help them but was flung back.

The magic holding Kindle had been released he then jumped on Kicks neck and started choking him. He threw him off and jumped towards Kindles mom. "No!" She yelled. Kicks eyes changed colors again and he hit the floor rolling away from her and started writhing on the floor.

He thrashed around faster until he stopped. A large light shined out from him and engulfed everything and Verus closed his eyes to shield himself. When he reopened them he was floating in a white abyss. He looked around and saw a black mist seemingly staring at him.

"What? Where am I?" Verus asked before looking around again. "Well to put it bluntly we're in your head. not really the sanest place to be but it'll hold for now." Verus looked behind him and was met with a suspicious looking black mist. "What?" Verus whispered before it spoke again.

"Well you're probably wondering what I am and what I'm doing here. Well lets just say I'm basically you except I look all foggy, let me fix that." The mist cleared revealing a female locust in battle armor similar to queen Myraah but this did nothing to calm Verus. To say the least it angered him she looked a lot like Myrrah.

He pulled out his blade and pinned her down with the knife to her neck. "Whoa there! Can't we be friends? Huh? Can't we just get along?" She asked. Verus loosened his scowl and realized her face was a bit different. Her voice was younger sounding.

Her face had similar features to the queen except her face wasn't as broad and she had no helmet and a ponytail hairstyle. Verus let to and they both stood up. "Well I guess I owe you an apolog-oof!" He didn't get to finish as she kicked him in the jaw and sent him to the floor.

"Well I can certainly see you don't trust me. But news flash YOUR HIGHNESS you don't have many people to trust. What better person to trust than some random locust in your head." She said frustrated. She looked at him irritated but then sighed.

"Listen I want to help you. Because if you die I die. So let me help you." She said as she reached out her hand for a shake. He hesitated before accepting her hand and shook it. "Alright what do I need to do?" He asked.

"Just look at your hand and you'll see how I've helped you." She replied with a tilted head and a smile.

Verus examined his arm and suddenly saw green marks wrap around it before flashing away. "Just what did you do? Do you have any directions for whatever that was?" He said confused.

"Well it's not done yet, look further." She said pointing to his other arm and his legs.

He looked and saw the same green patches wrap like his arm. He felt a huge burst of energy. "What is this?" He asked. "This world unlocked something lying dormant in your noggin. That something was me. Not only that but special powers as well. My powers." She said with a serious tone.

She took his silence as a sign to continue. "Now this power here is very VERY limited and unstable. Even pushing yourself an inch over the edge will result in both of us dying. Don't go crazy use it only when necessary."

"This is unbelievable." Verus said looking at his arm. "How strong is it? What can I even do?" He asked curious of the powers. "I don't know personally I haven't been able to use it outside. All I know is that it is highly unpredictable at first. Test it out to get used to it." She replied. Suddenly there was a large rumbling noise.

"Well my time is officially up if you want to reach me again recite these words before you sleep. Vae Al Meruk." The rumbling grew stronger.

"Vae Al Meruk." Verus said trying to memorize the words. The nothingness was shaking violently as Verus felt himself slipping away.

"I forgot to say good luck! Lord knows you'll need it!" She yelled as she faded to black.

He woke to the sound of a blood curdling scream. He saw a huge stream of light coming out of Kick's mouth and eyes. Kick screamed even harder when the light got brighter.

He followed the light with his eyes and he saw it go into the hand of one of four ethereal beasts. They looked about as tall as he was, they had a ghostly blue color, sharp claws on their hands, and no face. Everyone else followed his gaze. The light stopped and they all faced him at the same time. They looked just like the other and Verus couldn't tell the difference.

They started moving their heads everywhere until Kick started floating towards them still unconscious. That was all Verus needed to see before he spoke up.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Verus got no reply except for them lifting their hands up and pointing them at him. Verus turned and ran as a blast of energy sent him running at a high speed. He looked behind him at the huge black crater that was where he used to be standing.

One of the beasts stepped out of the line and it tilted its head in confusion before firing more bolts of magic from its hand. Verus outran each of them before running towards it and punching it in the faceless area in front of his head.

He looked at his fist and saw a green fire surrounding it before slowly dissipating. He stood up and watched it hit a building. He turned around and saw the other three creatures

He saw the creatures walk towards Kindle and his mom as they were hugging. He was about to shoot at them until Verus felt himself get lifted up and slammed on the ground.

As the creature he punched flung him around like a ragdoll the others grabbed Kindles mom. "No! Stop!" Kindle yelled as he shot a bolt of magic at it. It fazed right through and the creature smacked him. They started walking away with Kick and the mare.

"Stop let me go now!" She yelled before they pressed their fingers to her head and she went unconscious. They walked farther and Kindle felt helpless. He couldn't do anything barely staying conscious was a hard task in itself. Eventually they went out of sight Kindle kept trying to get up but he kept falling down. "No." He said silently as he felt himself crying.

Verus was flying through the air as the one that stayed behind kept holding him. He took his gorgon out and shot a volley of bullets at it. They hit it causing it to stagger. Verus fell and landed on his feet before running fast and tackled it with his boost of strength.

He threw it on the ground before punching it three times in its face. The thing let out a burst of blue magic that sent Verus flying to the ground far away as he felt himself burning. He looked up and saw the creature high in the sky about to punch him with all of that velocity.

Verus panicked and held out his hands when a huge green blast of energy hit it just inches from him and made it disintegrate. It exploded sending Verus flying from the remains of the creature. He felt tired as he stood on one knee trying to fully stand up. He smiled until he felt a large pain in his chest. He was fading away fast.

Before fully passing out from the pain he hissed a phrase with constricting lungs. "Vae...Al...Me..ruk." With that he was gone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They had been flying for a few hours to the last known location of the King. Vance had sobered up on the way and he flew with a straight face like the rest of them. He knew flying drunk might not have been a good idea. They were flying through an area of dense bushes and foliage.

They flew slightly higher to avoid most of them. Several crouched figures hidden in the bushes were looking through scopes watching them as soon as the three got close they opened fire with their weapons. Four metal projectiles shot out a them the trio heard them fire they dodged all but one that hit the lieutenant in his wing.

"Dill!" Chaurus yelled as she watched him wail in pain and fall to the ground. Dill recovered and used his wing and hooves to smooth the landing. More projectiles soared at high speeds all around them. "Chaurus go find those hostiles! I'll help Diligent." She gave a nod and flew to the source of the sounds.

Vance flew to where Dill was taking cover. Dill was strapping on bladed gauntlets. "How are your wings?" He asked when he saw the wound with some half dried blood staining his white feathers. "Can't move it, they must have struck a nerve." He said as he glanced up a bit and saw nothing but trees and more foliage.

Suddenly there was a large green flash and a locust flew past their fallen tree that they were hiding behind. He dropped a long weapon that looked like it would be a club but they knew it was one of the guns from before at Canterlot.

Both of the soldiers jumped out and flew up to help Chaurus. They were able to Kill the locust with their superior speed because after one shot they would reload. They thought they were almost done until a locust with really big teeth, white armor, and a giant cleaver.

It charged with a lot of speed with the huge cleaver not slowing it down. It kept slashing at them and even nicked a piece off of the changelings' armor. Vance was getting tired of the ugly beast and took the cleaver out of its hand and slashed his leg. The locust fell with a cleaver lodged in his knee. The Theron crawled away as the trio slowly walked after him.

Suddenly they realized it was night already. "How long were we fighting?" Dill asked them. They didn't reply and just looked at the Theron propping itself on a rock then looking up into the sky. Chaurus thought this would be a good time to interrogate it. But a tall metal creature fell on top of the dying locust also shattering the rock. It let out a groan as it looked up at her then passed out.

"Wha?" She said looking at the thing that crushed their prisoner. It was very tall and covered in a suit of metal armor. The armor had blood coming out of the open areas. It also fell from the sky as well so they couldn't make heads or tails of that.

"I don't have any idea what that is, but he looks like he's been having a bad day. Should we help him?" Dill asked while surveying him.

"Don't know about you but I feel like helping him. Which is what I will do now." Said Vance as he started trying to lift up the metal figure. "Well don't just stand there help me." The others started to help and it was much easier.

"Well since my wing is injured we need to stay somewhere on ground." The lieutenant looked around for a suitable location for the team to rest. After a while o searching they settled on a formation of trees and bushes that hid them nicely.

"So did the king have more locust with him?" Vance said as Chaurus started healing dills wound. "I think he had a general or something I never really saw him." Dill said before wincing at a sharp pain from the healing magic.

Vance started removing the armor of their newest addition to the group. When he was finished he realized it was a locust wearing ceremonial looking robes. It looked a lot like the ones from Canterlot. "Hey guys its a locust." He said.

Dill walked up with a patch over the part of his wing that was hurt. "Well I guess we should have saw that coming." He looked at the locust and shrugged. "Well I guess we should tie him up." He said while going to get the rope.

"Well lets get to it and finally get some rest." Chaurus said, and with that they got to work.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The hunters brought the staffs energy back to their master along with something else they thought he should see. They entered into the same area as before except this time there was a giant hole that he was in front of he was filling it with green dust that came from a portal he conjured. "Your back and I assume you brought me what I wanted?" He asked as he turned and faced them.

Suddenly his face had a scowl. "Only three of you? I sense the other one is dead. You do realize this displeases me." The others lowered their heads before they remembered the other things they brought.

They nodded their heads as one of them reached out and opened his hand. The magic flew from its hand into its masters. The spirit inhaled and smiled as he felt the power surge through him. "Wonderful. I sense you have more to show me?" The Hunters nodded and brought out the two ponies they caught.

The spirit looked at them and sensed something resonating from them. "Why do you bring these to me?" He asked them they looked at him with faceless looks. "I see. Keep them locked I have research to do. This slightly makes up for your loss. You are dismissed." They departed leaving him to think to himself.

"Could they be the hosts? They are vital to the ritual but there's supposed to be three of them." He said in a whisper to himself. He looked into the green dust in the hole as images appeared to him. "Maybe there's more I need to see?" He said as he researched.