• Published 17th Apr 2012
  • 1,923 Views, 101 Comments

Rebirth of Harmony - WanderingPhysicist



In a world that goes from one tragedy to the next, can these six break the cycle?

  • ...
8
 101
 1,923

Sweet Razzleberry Soufflé

The Elements of Harmony and their mentors explore the city of Fillydelphia in the afternoon. Earlier, they had a meeting with the citizens of the city, but now they are searching for the next Element of Harmony. Trixie marches at the front of the group with Alba at her side. They are using their magic to detect the mysterious pony. The others trot behind them, with Raindrops flying and dragging a cloud with a sleeping Rainbow. Octavia trots at the back of the group.

‘Are you sure you don’t need any help with her?’ Helios asks Raindrops.

The mare smiles and shakes her head. ‘It is no problem. I’ve had to drag her home before.’

‘She really sleeps a lot,’ Apple Bloom notes. ‘Ah don’ think she’s been awake for more than an hour this whole trip.’

Raindrops laughs. ‘She did wear herself out the day she found her element. I almost never see her that energetic.’

Apple Pie laughs. ‘She is a random one. You should have seen her as a foal. Mom was the only pony that could catch her at times. Auntie Inkie would scream so much if Rainbow got in her lab.’

‘Sorta makes me wonder how y’all can have the same mother,’ Apple Bloom comments.

Apple Pie groans. ‘I know. Even worse when you compare all four of dad’s kids.’

‘Five,’ Helios snorts. ‘Why does everypony forget Full Moon?’

‘Sorry,’ Apple Pie mumbles. ‘We didn’t get to interact with her as much as you two did.’

‘Full Moon’s fate was preordained. Her loss could not be helped,’ Octavia calmly says.

Helios stops and turns to Octavia. ‘Full Moon was our sister and never knew it! If I could change one thing about her fate, it would have been giving her the family she desired. How would you like to have lost somepony you cared for without telling them the truth or how you really felt about them?’

Octavia stops. Everypony in the party stops too to see what she will do next. The mare removes her purple sunglasses and stares at Helios. She trots to the taller alicorn and glares into his eyes.

‘Say that again and I will not hesitate to leave you in a gutter, bleeding to death. I don’t care who you are, how much power you have or who your father is. I will fight through everypony here and finish you off,‘ Ocatvia threatens. Helios tries backing away, but the smaller pony pulls his face to hers. ‘Never say that again. Ever! Understood?’

A cold sweat forms as Helios stares into the eyes of the pony in front of him. He cannot blink as he sees all of the horrors she witnessed the day of his father’s first wedding. The prince meekly nods. Octavia returns the sunglasses and trots back to the rear of the party. She does not even bother slapping the terrified prince with her mane or tail. The group starts breathing again.

‘I almost lost a brother, and it would have been his own fault,’ Alba sighs.

‘Ah guess Jimmy’s brains skips every other kid.’

‘I wasn’t worried,’ Raindrops says.

‘Ya weren’t?’

‘Nah. If something bad is going to happen, my fake leg starts acting up.’

Rainbow snaps to attention. Bits of cloud falls from her ears. ‘What?!’

Raindrops laughs. ‘You didn’t know, did you? I lost one of my legs in the attack. I have a biomechanical replacement. Works good as new, but I fly to rest it once in a while.’

Rainbow opens her mouth to ask a question, but Raindrops shakes her head.

‘I’m not telling which one.’

Rainbow flies her cloud forward and pokes Raindrops’ left hind leg. The older pegasus giggles. Apple Pie pokes his brother, getting him to snap out of his shock. The party makes their way down the street. It is relatively empty, allowing the the group to search without drawing too much attention. Trixie and Alba scan the buildings with their magic. Rainbow keeps poking Raindrops’ legs to get a reaction. Before Raindrops can yell at the younger pegasus, Rainbow’s head shoots up. She sniffs the air. A rainbow-colored streak disappears down the street.

‘Do we..?’ Alba asks.

‘Better not let her get lost,’ Trixie replies.

The group gallops after Rainbow. They find her pressing her face against and licking the window outside of a bakery. Her older brother grabs her tail in his mouth and tries pulling her from window. Helios joins in trying to pull his sister with his magic. Alba laughs at her older siblings, but she stops and turns to Trixie.

‘I sense it too,’ Trixie says. ‘Seems Rainbow inadvertently led us to a clue.’

The baker comes out of the back of the shop. He laughs at Rainbow’s display and waves the group inside. The large group enters the shop, except for Octavia who waits outside. Most of the ponies shuffle at the back of the shop. Trixie, Alba, and Rainbow trot up to the counter and greet the baker. He is a magenta unicorn with a slightly darker magenta mane. He smiles at the three ladies in front of him.

‘How can I help you?’ the baker asks.

‘One of everything and a big glass of milk!’ Rainbow replies.

The baker laughs. The door behind him creaks open a crack. Alba notices somepony peeking out and waves. The door is quickly slammed shut. Alba frowns.

‘Sorry about that,’ the baker says. ‘My daughter is very shy. Now, what really brings the Elements of Harmony to my shop? I doubt all of you want to’ -- he magically pulls a pie from Rainbow -- ‘devour my shop whole.’

‘If you know who we are, then you know of our search for the remaining Elements,’ Trixie replies. ‘We have traced one to this area. Perhaps you might be of some assistance?’

‘Sorry. I don’t know if I can, beautiful,’ the baker replies.

Trixie blushes. ‘Sorry, but Trixie is spoken for already.’

The baker smiles. ‘I know. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for The Great and Powerful Trixie.’

Trixie grins. ‘Oh, Trixie likes you, mister...’

‘Soufflé. Strawberry Soufflé.’

‘The handsome Mister Soufflé.’

Strawberry rubs the back of his head. ‘Well, I wouldn’t go that far.’ He looks around the room. ‘Hey. Since you came all this way, I might as well treat you to some of my wares. It is the least I can do.’

‘We really couldn’t accept your generosity,’ Helios replies.

‘Tch! Of course you can. I still owe your mother for all she has done for me.’ Strawberry pokes his head into the back. ‘Razzleberry! I am going to need your help out here.’

Strawberry comes around the counter. He sets up and dresses a few tables. He takes extra time to make sure everything is perfectly positioned according to proper etiquette. While the guests get seated, a young, light purple unicorn filly with a dark purple mane nervously comes out of the back of the shop. She looks around before she starts levitating the various wares to the counter for her father to serve. Her work done, she turns to leave but runs muzzle first into Alba.

‘Hi!’ the young alicorn greets.

The unicorn screams and gallops straight into the door. Alba helps the other pony up.

‘Th-thank you... Bye!’

Razzleberry quickly ducks into the back. Alba chases after her. Strawberry sighs as he serves his guests.

‘Really sorry about Razzleberry,’ he apologizes.

‘It is okay. Not everypony can be as outgoing as Alba,’ Helios says.

‘I can believe that,’ Strawberry replies. ‘She gets that from her mother, right?’

‘I guess so. Why do you keep mentioning our mom?’

Strawberry smiles. ‘Back when I was still a colt about Razzleberry’s age, my mother was diagnosed with cancer. We could barely afford her treatment, but your mother stepped in and got us grant money to afford the best care in the Republic. She even came to visit us on occasion. That extra time with my mother was the greatest gift anypony has given me. I work every day to try and pay back the generosity she showed me.’

‘Ah know what ya mean,’ Apple Bloom says. ‘If it weren’t fer Jimmy and his family’ -- she nuzzles Apple Pie -- ‘especially one member o’ the family, Ah might not have had a home after the attack. They really do their best t’ look after us little ponies.’

Strawberry laughs. ‘Probably why most of their kids are here.’ He looks at the group. ‘You really think the one you are looking for is here?’

‘Or at least in the area,’ Trixie replies. ‘You haven’t had any unusual magical manifestations recently?’

‘I might not be the best at magic, but something like that definitely didn’t happen anywhere near here. The worst thing I have seen recently has been some disappearing leftovers, but that is nothing to worry about.’

‘Leftovers?’ Apple Pie asks.

‘Just the day-old goods. Stuff that doesn’t sell. It really is no big deal.’

Suddenly, a loud crash comes from the back of the bakery. Helios and Strawberry leap up to check on their sister and daughter respectively. They find the two fillies sitting on the floor, covered in flour and giggling like crazy. Razzleberry looks up at the ponies at the door.

‘Sorry about the mess, daddy,’ Razzleberry giggles. ‘I was showing the princess one of our tart recipes.’

‘Razzly is a great cook!’ Alba adds.

The two older ponies sigh. Strawberry looks up with a quizzical look on his face.

‘Razzly?’

Razzly blushes. ‘Th-the princess came up with it... Do you not like it?’

Strawberry laughs. ‘It is perfect. Even more perfect if it make you happy.’

Razzly smiles at her father. The two male ponies leave the fillies to their cooking and playing.

‘I have never seen her take to anypony so quickly,’ Strawberry comments.

‘Alba has a way with making new friends,’ Helios laughs.

After the afternoon snack and buying several dozen kilograms of baked goods for Rainbow, the party makes their way back towards their hotel for the night. In a surprise move, Octavia breaks from the back of the pack and approaches Trixie.

‘The kid is likely the Element we are looking for,’ Octavia states.

‘I know!’ Alba chimes in. ‘She has the same aura that the rest of us have.’

Trixie and Octavia look at the filly.

‘Why didn’t you say so earlier, dear?’ Trixie asks.

‘I thought you knew. That was why you were talking with her daddy, right?’

Trixie and Octavia stop. They turn around and start trotting to the store.

‘Hotel’s this way,’ Raindrops says while pointing.

‘We left something back at the bakery,’ Trixie snorts.

‘More pie?’ Rainbow asks.

‘More important than that.’

‘More cake?’

The two mares sigh and continue back to the bakery. Inside, Strawberry and Razzly are cleaning up. The family stops their work when they see the mares enter the store.

‘Let me guess, more cake and pie?’ Strawberry laughs.

‘Actually, we want to ask about something else,’ Trixie says.

‘Oh. Okay.’ Strawberry turns to Razzly. ‘This is grownup talk. Please go to your room.’

Razzly nods and trots out of the room. Strawberry motions to a table and the adults sit.

‘Why did you lie to us?’ Trixie asks.

Strawberry sighs. ‘You have a kid, right?’

Trixie nods.

‘But you also have more of a family than just your kid too, right?’

‘Yeah...’

‘Razzly is all I have left. I was alone for a long time after losing my mother. When I found my wife, I was happy as can be. Then she left me and Razzly... I just don’t want another important lady in my life taken from me. She is all I have to remember her mother by.’

‘But she is one of...’

Octavia puts a hoof on Trixie’s shoulder. ‘No. We are leaving. Thank you for your time, Mr Strawberry.’

Octavia gets up, but Trixie remains seated.

‘I really think she would be better traveling with us. We have to reunite all of the Elements.’

‘Trixie, I understand his reasoning. I also highly sympathize with his feelings. I will not allow anypony to force him to give up his daughter, even us. And I will stop you if you try.’

Trixie takes a deep breath and stands. ‘Okay. You win.’ She turns to Strawberry. ‘I am very sorry for bothering you like this. Trixie did not mean to upset you.’

Strawberry shrugs. ‘Meh. I know where you are coming from with your mission. I am glad you see my side of things, too.’

‘We will be here for a couple days,’ Trixie says. ‘I know Alba would love to see her new friend some more.’

‘I welcome it.’ Strawberry smiles. ‘It makes me happy to see Razzleberry as happy as Alba made her today.’

The ponies bow at each other. The mares leave the store, a little filly watching from her bedroom as they trot down the street.

Alba happily flies across the city to visit Razzly again. She waves at everypony she passes, whether they are flying too or not. The young alicorn lands a few meters away from the bakery and trots the rest of the distance.

‘Hello, Mr Strawberry!’ Alba greets as she enters the shop. ‘Is Razzly free?’

‘Good Morning, Alba.’ Strawberry smiles. ‘She is finishing up some mixing. Go on back.’

Alba trots to the back of the store. Razzly is not in the kitchen. She looks for the other filly and finds her entering the kitchen from a back entrance. The unicorn filly jumps in surprise at the visitor.

‘Hi, Razzly!’

‘A-Alba. You startled me.’

‘Sorry. What were you doing?’

Razzly blushes. ‘Oh uh...’ She starts kicking the ground.

Alba tilts her head to the side. ‘What is it? You can tell me.’

‘Well, uh...’ Razzly whines. ‘I, uh, I give away our old product without telling daddy...’

‘Shouldn’t ponies not want old bread and stuff?’

‘I, uh, use my, uh, magic to, um, freshen and sweeten the items...’

‘Cool! You have to show me that spell. Rainbow will love it.’

‘Um... I guess that is okay...’

‘Yay!’ Alba grabs the smaller filly in a hug. ‘Hey! What do you want to do today?’

Outside Strawberry’s bakery, Alba gives her friend an extra long hug at the end of the day. The two fillies spent the whole day playing and running around the city. Strawberry watches them from the shop as he gets ready to close.

‘Thank you for a wonderful day, Razzly,’ Alba says after breaking the hug.

‘Y-yes. It has be fun.’ Razzly sighs. ‘I am sorry we won’t see each other more.’

Alba frowns. ‘I know... I wish you could come on adventures with us, but your daddy loves you. That is more important.’

‘Yeah... I’ll miss you.’

‘I’ll miss you, too. You are definitely one of my favoritest friends ever!’

Razzly looks down and squeaks. ‘We are friends?’

‘Of course we are, silly. We are great friends!’

Razzly smiles. ‘I have never had a friend before...’ She looks up. ‘I am glad my first friend is the best I could hope for.’

‘You’re silly,’ Alba laughs. ‘You are the best friend anypony could hope for!’

Razzly smiles wider and looks away in embarrassment. ‘I-I should go now. Daddy might need help.’

‘Okay. I’ll be sure to stop by tomorrow before we leave.’

The friends wave to each other as Razzly enters the shop. Alba spreads her wings and takes off into the sky. No sooner than Alba reaches a good flying altitude, she hears a loud scream. She flies around and can see a pair of large stallions entering Strawberry’s shop. The princess dives down and lands a safe distance from the shop. She starts readying a magic spell to help the unicorns, but a hoof is placed on her shoulder. She looks up to see an earth pony in a white, hooded robe shake its head at her.

Inside the shop, Strawberry faces the attackers. His horn is glowing and ready to strike back. The attackers, an earth pony larger than Helios and a pegasus, advance on the two unicorns.

‘All right, boys,’ Strawberry growls. ‘Leave now before it gets stormy in here.’

‘Ah come on,’ the pegasus says. ‘Your kid is always giving out free food. Why not give us free money, too?’

‘Ya don’t want us to hurt either of you, do ya now?’ the earth pony adds.

‘Razzly, get to the back and call the cops,’ Strawberry snorts. ‘It will be safe.’

‘D-daddy.’

‘Go!’

Before Razzly can run, the pegasus leaps for Strawberry. The unicorn shoots the flier from the air with a magic bolt. The distraction was all the time the earth pony needed to charge over and buck the defender in the head. Strawberry shots into the wall from the kick, a pair of hoof marks on his face. The pegasus picks himself up and rounds the counter.

‘All right. Be a good filly and tell us where you hide the money.’

Razzly shrinks as much as she can. She cannot move except to shake in fear. The pegasus takes a step towards the terrified filly. Suddenly, the front window shatters as the hooded pony bursts onto the scene. The earth pony stallion charges. The hooded pony jumps in the air, kicks him in the head with both hind legs and slams both forelegs on the larger stallion’s back. The hero kicks backwards after landing to knock the earth pony out.

‘Somepony playing hero is about to get hurt,’ the pegasus snorts then draws a knife from under his wing.

The hooded pony stands on its hind legs and holds its forelegs to its side. A pair of blades appear from under the robe.

‘Try me.’

The pegasus leaps over the counter. The defending pony retracts the blades, drops to the ground, draws a taser and shoves it into the lower half of the attacker. The attacking pegasus screams and drops mid-flight. The hooded pony shocks the unconscious flier once more for fun and good measure. The pony rounds the counter and holds a hoof to Razzly. The unicorn backs away.

‘It is safe!’ Alba calls as she gallops into the destroyed shop. ‘She is a friend.’

Alba uses her magic to pull back Octavia’s hood. Razzly looks up at the earth pony then grabs her in a hug.

‘Sorry for scaring you,’ Octavia apologizes.

Alba looks around the shop. ‘You sure made a mess in here,’ she growls.

The princess uses her magic to start cleaning up the damage and repairing the window. Outside, Helios and Raindrops land and enter the shop.

‘Is everything okay?’ Helios asks.

‘I took care of the attackers,’ Octavia replies. ‘Let’s hope Trixie arrives before the police so she can make up a story about what happened.’

‘You did this all on your own?’ Raindrops asks.

Octavia shrugs. ‘Most of it. I think Strawberry might have singed a couple of the pegasus’ hairs with a magic attack. I should get out of sight before the police arrive and start asking questions.’

Octavia releases the scared unicorn and gives her a reassuring nuzzle. She slips out of the back of the shop. Helios uses a healing spell on Strawberry and wakes the unicorn.

‘Feels like I got hit by a train,’ Strawberry moans.

‘Try not to talk. I am still setting your jaw,’ Helios replies.

‘Screw that. Is Razzly okay?’

‘Daddy!’

Razzly glomps her father in a hug. Strawberry sighs in relief and hugs his daughter.

The police ponies load the two criminals into a wagon and pull them away. Inside the shop, Trixie sits with Strawberry while the alicorns and pegasus play with Razzly. The unicorn mare lets out a big sigh.

‘Trixie is sorry for all of the trouble we have caused.’

Strawberry shakes his head. ‘No, I knew Razzly was giving away our leftovers. I was just denying to myself that something bad would come of it. If the rest of you hadn’t been here...’

‘Don’t think like that. You are a strong enough unicorn to defend your family and your way of life.’

‘Am I really?’ Strawberry sighs. ‘I could barely handle the one attacker. I’d be in the hospital now if it weren’t for the prince.’

‘Shush. You were defending Razzly. That is more important than anything.’

‘Yes... Defending her...’ Strawberry stares at the ground for several moments. He looks up with tears in his eyes. ‘This is the hardest thing I have ever had to say... but please protect her. Protect her to the best of your abilities. You need all of the Elements, and she is one of them. Promise me she will be safe!’

Trixie pulls the sobbing parent in for a hug. ‘I assure you she will be fine. She will be with friends who care for her. Trixie promises with all of her heart and soul. ... Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.’

Strawberry chokes back his tears. ‘Thank you.’

Trixie gives Strawberry a quick kiss on the lips. ‘You know... if the ratio was reversed, Trixie would be quite happy to get to know you better.’

Strawberry laughs. ‘Me too. Hey, do you have some time for autographs?’

‘Of course.’ Trixie stands. ‘Alba, will you help Razzly pack some things for the journey? I have to help her father with a few things.’

The two fillies look up, surprised. They cheer as they gallop up to pack a bag for Razzly. Strawberry smiles and sighs as he watches his daughter go.

In a darkened office, a chair faces away from a desk. A light flashes on the desk, joined by a beeping.

‘Activate,’ a voice says.

A speaker activates on the desk. ‘Sire, they found the last known Element.’

‘Who is it?’

‘It is a young filly. About the princess’ age. We don’t think she is a threat.’

‘She has an Element of Harmony. How is she not a threat?’

‘Well, uh, sire, she is very shy. To a fault even.’

A laugh is heard. ‘Do you know anything about seismology?’

‘Uh, sire?’

‘Faults are generally where cracks lay. Cracks that can lead to fissures.’ There is a pause. ‘Prepare a plan to exploit the newly found crack. Hopefully we can end this quest before it begins. Communications, off.’

Author's Note:

Element Timeline: Razzly is revealed to be the Element of Generosity and joins the team.

Character Introduction: Razzleberry Soufflé is the Fluttershy of the group. She is very shy, but she goes out of her way to help others at all costs. She loves baking and trying out new recipes. Her first ever friend was Alba, who she loves dearly. She adores Octavia due to the mare's ability to express herself and perform publicly. Her mother left her and her father when Razzly was a baby.

Starlight Chronicles Connection: Razzly Lunamoon aka Razzleberry Soufflé aka The Clever and Spectacular Razzle Dazzle is the daughter of Strawberry Soufflé aka Stormy and The Great and Powerful Countess Trixie Lunamoon.

Story Event: This story was so odd to write since I am so used to calling Strawberry his nickname Stormy in TWP.